~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

SOA season 1-5, Great show about outlaw bikers, Fast paced and very violent, basically stuff that men like :P/> It's one of my favorite shows and you should not ignore it. Not as popular as Dexter and GOT (IMO it's better than both) so only a few people here can tell you about the show.

TWD is one of the best action oriented shows on TV. Better than the trash Resident evil movies. If you haven't read the graphic novels then you are in for some awesomeness.

GOT, If you are a LOTR fan then you will love it. I found it okay.

SoA is pretty popular, as popular as Dexter IMO.

TWD, action oriented ? :O Did we see the same show ? TWD is all about characters and survival, how they interact and live with each other in dire times. I ain't saying there are no action scenes, but they are few and far in between. Plus S2 is the slow as f**k. Mad Men would look fast paced side by side. :lol:

GoT, now that is love. :wub:

Ya, season 2 is slow. Actually TWD season 3 was in my mind, the last few episodes :P/> which had some good action.

Yet to see GOT season 2. It is good right? I enjoyed season 1. But was pissed that they killed my favorite character of the show. I think you know who :naughty:/>

S2 is as awesome as S1, though Daenerys is a bigger bitch than Sookie and Skyler combined :wallbash: The ending is :panic: :panic:

Why? I remember hating her for something she did but forgot what. :/

The problem is her sense of entitlement Me-Queen attitude. Everyone else in the series seems heroic because after the initial impulse of lust, ambition, etc. everyone else is just trying to survive the war.

I think SoA is starting to lose its point. Clay might as well be a cartoon villain by now. Wouldnt surprise me if he ties Tara or Gemma to railroad tracks and starts stroking a cat at some point. :doh:

First two seasons were great. 3rd was average. 4th was slightly better. 5 isnt impressing me much. Ah well, halfway through it so might as well mop it up now.

I think SoA is starting to lose its point. Clay might as well be a cartoon villain by now. Wouldnt surprise me if he ties Tara or Gemma to railroad tracks and starts stroking a cat at some point. :doh:/>/>

First two seasons were great. 3rd was average. 4th was slightly better. 5 isnt impressing me much. Ah well, halfway through it so might as well mop it up now.

I only just started watching it. I hated how the season focused on the time-bomb that Opie's wife was killed by his own crew, and when he finds out it just fizzles out. The third season isn't doing much to me either-too much stalling.

Edited by Snake
spoilers

@zen : Easy with the spoilers mate. Edit that post.

After Opie got the truth, his reaction really bothered me. This happened twice in the show. And season 3 is good IMO ( Still 1st and 2nd are best). 3rd season has a very satisfying end so you should continue watching it.

@zen : Easy with the spoilers mate. Edit that post.

After Opie got the truth, his reaction really bothered me. This happened twice in the show. And season 3 is good IMO ( Still 1st and 2nd are best). 3rd season has a very satisfying end so you should continue watching it.

Oops sorry. Did not see the first season, so i thought the events happened early.

Three episodes in and the pacing is all over the wall. The stuff with the Gemma's dad with dementia is superb, but then they

dilute it with shenanigans with the dead caregiver

. I hope it moves back into Jax vs. Clay mode again, that's its heart.

Still sticking with it. Nothing else is on currently, and when it can, (like the stuff in the middle of the 2nd season) it can be a surprisingly complicated and visceral crime show.

Oops sorry. Did not see the first season, so i thought the events happened early.

Three episodes in and the pacing is all over the wall. The stuff with the Gemma's dad with dementia is superb, but then they

dilute it with shenanigans with the dead caregiver

. I hope it moves back into Jax vs. Clay mode again, that's its heart.

Still sticking with it. Nothing else is on currently, and when it can, (like the stuff in the middle of the 2nd season) it can be a surprisingly complicated and visceral crime show.

Many people have not seen the show, so why would you want to post something like that (huge spoiler) without spoiler tag. I don't know why people don't get that.

Watch 1st season. Of course you will find everything complicated as you skipped the 1st season :giggle:

Many people have not seen the show, so why would you want to post something like that (huge spoiler) without spoiler tag. I don't know why people don't get that.

Watch 1st season. Of course you will find everything complicated as you skipped the 1st season :giggle:/>

No, did see a few episodes (around 2) of the 1st season and then skipped. Then many critics, etc began to praise it and went back for another try.

There was a BBC miniseries called Restless that aired a few days ago. 2 episodes which were 90 minutes each. It's a period drama about espionage and if anyone thinks they would find that interesting, I would suggest watching it blindly without reading up anything on it. I think that would enhance the experience.

^^ play a gazzillion games and watch another bazzillion tv shows .... sp1n are you in college or do you work ? Just curious tongue.gif

I wish I was back in college :(. No, I work from home which affords me a lot of flexibility in how to spend my time. As for playing tragillions of games or watching fogillions of TV shows, if only you knew the truth. Last year I played less than 10% of the games I bought with an average of slightly over 1 hour a day. And yea, I do watch a lot of TV shows but I have most of them running in a VLC window while I'm doing other stuff. Consequently, in at least half of all shows I watch, I wouldn't be able to tell you what happened in an episode 5 minutes after I finished watching it :D. There are a whole bunch of shows that I would like to watch but I just cannot find the time to spare watching full seasons of them.