Jokes and Funny Stuff Thread

Chaztin

30 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

This guy is a religious and political bhakt.

Nothing against vegetarians but he advocates to ban non-veg because it apparently poisons the soul and the body (mind you, he is in awful physical shape).

Says that 20% TCS on foreign investments and txns is justified and people should vacation in India instead, then posts about honeymoon in Switzerland.

A clear case of how religious and political biases ruins a good mind.

Wow. God bless his children

17 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

This guy is a religious and political bhakt.

Nothing against vegetarians but he advocates to ban non-veg because it apparently poisons the soul and the body (mind you, he is in awful physical shape).

Says that 20% TCS on foreign investments and txns is justified and people should vacation in India instead, then posts about honeymoon in Switzerland.

A clear case of how religious and political biases ruins a good mind.

I have a question regarding this TCS on foreign tours. Do people claiming tax exemption on agriculture income get refund on this tcs? if yes then this is the most bullshit provision being made. Taxes like tcs should be targeted towards citizens not paying any income tax and not to harass people who are already burdened with various other taxes. 

I had too much non veg yesterday. Taken two gelusil till now and still not feeling well. so there may be some truth to it :fear: never had heart burn consuming too much veg as khane ka mann hi nahi karta. 

32 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I have a question regarding this TCS on foreign tours. Do people claiming tax exemption on agriculture income get refund on this tcs? if yes then this is the most bullshit provision being made. Taxes like tcs should be targeted towards citizens not paying any income tax and not to harass people who are already burdened with various other taxes. 

I had too much non veg yesterday. Taken two gelusil till now and still not feeling well. so there may be some truth to it :fear: never had heart burn consuming too much veg as khane ka mann hi nahi karta. 

1. Afaik, yes.

This only works in case someone declares an income which is way less than the amount spent. But yes, agriculture guys continue to make hay.

2. TCS of 1% can do the same job as 20% as this is just for accounting. Anyway, instruments like CC/DC/Internet Banking are linked to PAN anyway, accountability is anyway there, they just didn't want to make policy and put effort to segment and penalize cash txns, makes no sense.

3.This is nothing more than a lazy attempt for making up for the incompetence in tax collection. This is basically a no-cost loan for the Govt as they don't have to provide interest till the time you file the return. And as always tax payers paying the brunt for it.

This is not a new problem and other countries have already solved this without draconian policies.

4. Anything in excess is not healthy.

Excess meat is poisonous (rhetorically), the same way excess potatoes are.

But I am ready to bet, that all things equal, a person who eats a balanced diet with meat in it will on avg. have equal/better markers than a person who eats only veg.

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

1. Afaik, yes.

This only works in case someone declares an income which is way less than the amount spent. But yes, agriculture guys continue to make hay.

2. TCS of 1% can do the same job as 20% as this is just for accounting. Anyway, instruments like CC/DC/Internet Banking are linked to PAN anyway, accountability is anyway there, they just didn't want to make policy and put effort to segment and penalize cash txns, makes no sense.

3.This is nothing more than a lazy attempt for making up for the incompetence in tax collection. This is basically a no-cost loan for the Govt as they don't have to provide interest till the time you file the return. And as always tax payers paying the brunt for it.

This is not a new problem and other countries have already solved this without draconian policies.

4. Anything in excess is not healthy.

Excess meat is poisonous (rhetorically), the same way excess potatoes are.

But I am ready to bet, that all things equal, a person who eats a balanced diet with meat in it will on avg. have equal/better markers than a person who eats only veg.

I hope trips self planned trips are not covered as i only see tcs charged on tour packages. if that is also the case then tour operators ka lagg gaya. 

ab shyam ho gaya khana settle ho gaya mein chala bacha hua chicken pelne. 

22 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I hope trips self planned trips are not covered as i only see tcs charged on tour packages. if that is also the case then tour operators ka lagg gaya. 

ab shyam ho gaya khana settle ho gaya mein chala bacha hua chicken pelne. 

I think any foreign transaction will be under TCS. So even if you buy something from Amazon US, it'll attract TCS. Pay for an international subscription, pay TCS. Swipe your CC/DC in a foreign land, pay TCS. 

50 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think any foreign transaction will be under TCS. So even if you buy something from Amazon US, it'll attract TCS. Pay for an international subscription, pay TCS. Swipe your CC/DC in a foreign land, pay TCS. 

This has not been mentioned in any amendment. While we should be ready for this to happen, it's just fear mongering until it actually hits the bill.

If this happens, then it will be one of the most regressive policies as it will violate both canon of taxation: economy and convenience.