Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Heaven Angel

So what difficulty is everyone going to be playing on?

I play most of my games on Hard but I'm a little unsure about this one.

I never played the definitive edition of Blind Forest which introduced difficulty levels.

And apparently the default difficulty setting on the original version was normal. I thought that had just the right amount of challenge. So I'm wondering if I should just go with normal for this as well.

18 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

I loved the first game but it had an absolute sh*t difficulty curve. Extended insta fail sections without checkpoints were sprinkled randomly around the game. Most of the game itself was relatively easy and every now then you would get hit in the face with a crazy difficulty spike. 

Hopefully this one is smoother but I think I will stick to Normal. 

30 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

At what time the game is unlocking? 

12am IST tonight on game pass. Not sure about steam.

Also, the game's unlocked in NZ/Aus and people seem to be already playing it using VPN :lol:

26 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Thanks. Hard it is then.

4 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

12am IST tonight on game pass. Not sure about steam.

Same on every platform

Great, I'll be back home by 11:30 :dance:

This is the first worthy release of 2020 imo. 

48 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

I loved the first game but it had an absolute sh*t difficulty curve. Extended insta fail sections without checkpoints were sprinkled randomly around the game. Most of the game itself was relatively easy and every now then you would get hit in the face with a crazy difficulty spike. 

Insta death escape sequences are still there and will still kill you regardless of difficulty. You just have to memorize the pattern like in Celeste.

55 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Lol yeah seriously. It became frustratingly difficult/confusing in some places.

But a beautiful game nevertheless. 

Played for about an hour and I'm probably stating the obvious here but the game is utterly f**king gorgeous! The whole audiovisual presentation is just sublime!

And I think I had forgotten just how much of a joy this series was to play as well. Loving it!

Ohh and the game recommends playing it on Normal difficulty for the "optimal experience". I still went with Hard though. Hope I don't regret it later coz there doesn't seem to be an option to turn down the difficulty mid-game :mellow:

Wanted to post some screenshots but they just don't do the visuals any justice :\

Edited by STICK3Rboy

It's great, played for an hour, got some abilities and fought a boss. Artstyle is beautiful, with engaging combat and platforming, without being too punishing for dying or making mistakes. I already see this is going to be amazing after few hours of play.