Marvel’s Avengers

Heaven Angel

Im not mad if Sony wants to  do exclusive deal to sell their hardware its smart move. MS used to do all this but now they doing play everywhere crap. Whenever i get Avenger it will be for PS5 now

But still surprise they excluded PC :P

7 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Won't be surprised if it's an organised PR campaign for this. Back in the day the Xbox execs were agressively promoting wii60 (Nintendo Wii + x 360). They used to say u can buy both wii and 360 for the price one PS3. 

Let's not forget this

https://www.engadget.com/2007-03-22-xbox-360-loves-france-and-spoils-ps3-launch.html

Bad gear system.

None of the gear changes the actual look or feel.

Every item is invisible item and just counts towards overall gear score.

Auto awesome button to equip highest powered gear.

The problem with loot? This might be the only looter I’ve ever seen where nothing about any of the loot has a physical appearance in the game. Diablo and Destiny and Division armor and weapons all show up in-game as physical objects. Anthem has a “component” system which makes armor pieces cosmetic, but it does still have physical weapons.

Avengers has none of that. There are four gear slots and three artifact slots, but your characters appearance will always be determined by a cosmetic skin, similar to Fortnite.

Finally, what I would consider the worst aspect of the beta and something that does have me somewhat concerned about the finale game is how copy and pasted so much of it felt. I am sure that there will be more highly individualized action sequences like the Golden Gate Bridge opener, and yet for most of the missions in the beta, it felt like we were going through the same sets of 6-8 different hallways and ending up in the same 6-8 different rooms. 

The problem was that even many of the larger missions still felt like a ton of elements were repeating themselves, both visually and gameplay wise. A few of these had very slim story elements, but even the “grand finale” activity of the beta, the villain lair, was more or less just a longer version of what had come before, plus a somewhat complicated end boss. I just worry about everything outside of the core story missions feeling and looking too similar.

LOL could have just made single player game instead. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

No paisa in that.

Squeezenix sees the Ebin Games, Activisions, and EAs of the world and it thinks that it too can get a money printer game by putting minimal effort.

idk but i think the multiple super hero game genre is cursed, there is this game called DC Universe Online, it is an MMO, has practically all the DC heroes, but you can only play as some shitty custom made bootlegged super hero character :rofl:

It's literally as if whoever gets the rights for these superheros just wants to use it to milk for money with minimal effort.

Sadly the games industry is moving towards a trend of mtx, lootbox, subscription, multiplayer only ,GaaS, LiveService hellscape

6 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

GaaS full form is Games as a sh*t. Very few games pull it off. It's like they thought let's milk the Avengers ip as much as we can, like they will never get another shot at this. They could have just made a proper solid single player game and it would have sold a lot. But ever since the reveal, almost no one felt this will be a day 1 full price buy. 

4 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

GaaS full form is Games as a sh*t. Very few games pull it off. It's like they thought let's milk the Avengers ip as much as we can, like they will never get another shot at this. They could have just made a proper solid single player game and it would have sold a lot. But ever since the reveal, almost no one felt this will be a day 1 full price buy. 

They don't see this, they only see Fortnite, PUBG, Apex, Warzone and maybe Destiny2 all printing money.

It's like idk which years those were when Overwatch game out, there were 2-3 clone multiplayer games also coming out hoping to cash in on this new trend, all flopped hard :rofl:

This is like forced transmog where your gear stat is applied to the cosmetic you're wearing. Except in transmog you have a choice of showing your original gear as is. Looks like here the stats are just stats, not actual gear.

5 hours ago, AnK said:

I don’t think it was ever possible to make a normal Single player campaign for something like Avengers/Xmen/JusticeLeague

It’s too many character driven,that needs multiplayer in some form 

Xmen did Vs fighting games for the longest time until turning into top-down co-op

Justice league also purely Vs fighting domain for now 

I think Rocksteady will also come up with something like this only if they are really onto Justice league or Suicide Squad 

This is the only evolution something like these games can make themselves into 

It’s a perfect fit 

You just have to be as creative as bungie was 

Not like how Ubi & EA tried to copy them & miserably failed 

But it has a SP campaign, only some missions are mp/coop. It's not like entire game focuses on coop like Destiny. Gameplay is more like marvel ultimate alliance but with 3rd person camera, and those games are not GaaS.

17 minutes ago, AnK said:

The Story campaign in this game has no co-op option ?!?

It has, just like marvel ultimate alliance, difference being online co-op vs couch co-op. The whole game could have been made exactly like MUA, and still been good, but they focused on GaaS which can lead to its downfall.

7 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Its hilarious how no one was ready to fund MUA3 so Nintendo of all people stepped in to fund it. I'm sure it cost them less than what Sony paid for Spidey exclusivity.

Didn't the developers say that Sony has Spidey rights and that's why he is exclusive?

5 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Didn't the developers say that Sony has Spidey rights and that's why he is exclusive?

They basically said for this game Sony did the deal with Marvel/Disney and bought the rights to Spidey, so go ask them and stop harassing us :lol: 

13 minutes ago, AnK said:

Even Destiny has an option to play campaign solo 

but obviously it’s not meant for that 

I’m expecting same here 

maybe a little easier but focused on co-op nonetheless 

But playing Destiny campaign solo is whole different ball game than playing MUA solo. You simply cannot enjoy or fully experience Destiny in solo mode, but MUA is fine for sp only experience. But for this game they went Destiny route, instead of MUA route which could have worked fine. But now all the problems related to a flop Glass title are creeping in and turning people off. Let's see how the multiple closed betas perform. One guy even complained about matchmaking.

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Marvel’s Avengers