PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Lol he is a casual though. Barely plays a game here and there. Didnt even know about gamepass when I spoke to him.

I never knew people are so maal a maal here :lol:

Spending 38K  just for COD & FIFA dabba, we are truly becoming developed and advanced economy now :punk:

jokes apart anyone know why PS4 of every kind seems to be OOS everywhere? even the official shopatSC website doesn't have them in stock :(

What he said ^^^

I don't really watch TV shows much, and movies occasionally.

I do consume a lot of Youtube and anime sometimes, and for me the difference is worth it. Also for documentaries on Netflix :wOOtjumpy:

@The Panda Is this with regard to just content consumption? If yes then the 4K HDR version is the one you should be watching.

And if this is because you're considering buying a new TV, 4K HDR 10-bit color is what you should look for. Hope this helps.

In that case, do ask in the TV Decision Making thread :) 

Edited by Chirag2001

31 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Yes. HDR content looks superb. Especially the Netflix content and some 4K HDR YouTube videos.

Good to know!

23 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

What he said ^^^

I don't really watch TV shows much, and movies occasionally.

I do consume a lot of Youtube and anime sometimes, and for me the difference is worth it. Also for documentaries on Netflix :wOOtjumpy:

@The Panda Is this with regard to just content consumption? If yes then the 4K HDR version is the one you should be watching.

And if this is because you're considering buying a new TV, 4K HDR 10-bit content is out there for you to watch.

In that case, do ask in the TV Decision Making thread :) 

I have already ordered a 4K HDR monitor. I just wanted to know if those who actually own HDR monitors find the feature worthy since the general consensus among critics/reviewers seems to be that HDR in monitors is nothing but a gimmick. Thanks for letting me know though! I really appreciate it! :)

Edited by The Panda

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

Good to know!

I have already ordered a 4K HDR monitor. I just wanted to know if those who actually own HDR monitors find the feature worthy since the general consensus among critics/reviewers seems to be that HDR in monitors is nothing but a gimmick. Thanks for letting me know though! I really appreciate it! :)

Get hold of a Disney Pixar movie. Those have a wide color spectrum. Something like Tangled Frozen types. Really shines there.

Watch in standard 1080p, and watch in 4K HDR. 

You'll see for yourself :) 

• Like 1

Paging @rAgHaV @Big Boss

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

It depends on the quality of monitor. If you but cheap ones then HDR is not that impressive. My monitor's HDR is way better than my Samsung TV's HDR.

I started looking into HDR monitors after reading this same opinion of yours in the online shopping thread. Narrowed it down to LG 27UK650 and BenQ PD2700U and finally chose the latter as the former seemed to have too many quality control issues. The monitor should arrive tomorrow.

Edited by The Panda

14 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I started looking into HDR monitors after reading this same opinion of yours in the online shopping thread. Narrowed it down to LG 27UK650 and BenQ PD2700U and finally chose the latter as the former seemed to have too many quality control issues. The monitor should arrive tomorrow.

Me and @rAgHaV both have the former and there are no issues. The Amazon reviews confuse ips glow with backlight bleed. Most of them are dumbasses. Ips glow is common in ips panels. 

7 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Me and @rAgHaV both have the former and there are no issues. The Amazon reviews confuse ips glow with backlight bleed. Most of them are dumbasses. Ips glow is common in ips panels. 

Yup same. The backlight bleed comments where there even when I got the monitor. Some ppl even replaced the monitor due to that issue :doh: 

I started gaming properly only now (post lockdown) for the first 1.5yrs with this I was primarily using it with Mac as 4k external display for Adobe CC and other productivity stuff. It's really the best 40k I've ever spent. Have never been so happy with any tv/monitor purchase in my life. And yeah HDR on/off makes a generation of difference in terms of the colors. 

Edited by rAgHaV

Just now, Big Boss said:

Unfortunately, the complaints weren't limited to only Amazon. I found several threads on /r/monitors mentioning the same issue. So I thought it was something serious and went with the BenQ one instead.

I bought the LG 27UK650 model in Oct 18 and it will be the second time in 2 years I will be getting the panel replaced. Due to Corona situation I am delaying the replacement request. I am really disappointed after spending 34k on this monitor. At least the monitor has 3 years warranty.

Hahaha this is almost better than game bass(at full price). I’ve already got my 2099 worth in 2 months and I don’t need to fear the game leaving any service.

Edited by kmkaks