PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

Who the f**k would care about those 4% sales on Xbox anyway!! 

I won’t be shocked if developers just stop bothering with an Xbox port by the end of this generation!!

11 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Remake released to over 100Mil PS userbase.

Rebirth released to about 55Mil PS userbase.

Install base not helping. Sales of AAA exclusive games going down on PS. 

Majority of ponies playing Fortnite, Warzone and other multiplatform games.

Edited by Takeda

6 hours ago, Takeda said:

Install base not helping. Sales of AAA exclusive games going down on PS. 

Majority of ponies playing Fortnite, Warzone and other multiplatform games.

If believing that helps you sleep better at night, I won't argue, Sleep well little xthot :rofl:

• Like 1

Almost every single Playstation & Switch exclusive pulls off anywhere between 8-20m lifetime sales.

This hardly used to happen before 2017.

The problem is not in sales…..it’s in the turnaround time of these studios which has significantly increased for AAA mega budget games.

That’s why Nintendo is still flourishing while others are not.

Coz they never really entered the AAA high budget high fidelity domain.

With Asian countries entering AAA development & AI on the horizon I expect production costs to go down significantly because of cheap labour.

Tiny pony brains not capable of doing any arguments. Read what new Sony CEO said about AAA games then come at me. 

His Quote - 

"Sony President Hiroki Totoki says he wants to go aggressive in improving margins by growing 1st party with multi-platform #PlayStation “In the past, we wanted to popularize console and the 1st party titles' main purpose was to make the console popular. It is true, but there is a synergy to it. So if you have strong first party content, not only with our console but also other platforms like computers, 1st party can be grown with multiplatform and that can help operating profit to improve. So that is another one we want to proactively work on"

Admit it majority of Ps owners are casuals and they dont care about FF and all. Only 5m to 10 buying out of 100m is really bad. Terrible attachment rate on PS, that's why you have CEO talking about bringing more games to PC to even break even. Spiderman selling 10-12m in its life time after getting  discounted to 20$ not helping Sony much. 

Switch on other hand has amazing attachment. Switch exclusive games touch 40 to 50m mark or sometimes more at 60$ price tag. Now that's good attachment rate. You will never see Nintendo ever releasing a PC port. Nintendo games hardly go on discount and CEO will never talk about releasing games on PC or Mobile. They hard focused on Consoles.

And no whataboutery about Xbox. Xbox attachment rate is terrible, so im not talking about it anyway. MS already admitted, they need PC and other platforms to make any kind of profit on big games.

I want a pony to reply to my post and tell me that everything i said about Sony is wrong. 

Edited by Takeda

Lmao….Mario,Zelda & Animal crossing aside….which are pretty unique games in a genre & league of their own.

None of the switch exclusives exceed the ~20m mark.

Infact as I said before 2017 & later a platform exclusive racking in 10-15m sales was super rare.

Apart from Halo & Gran Turismo in AAA no other IP used to pull these numbers.

It’s only after the success of PS4 & Switch that new IPs are pulling these numbers.

& you saying exclusive sales are down!! :rofl: 

It’s the AAA margin that is down & that’s got nothing to do with exclusivity!!

Every AAA Publishing House is struggling across the board exclusive or not!!

Because it’s the developmental cycles that have become tedious now….not the demand!!

That’s why everyone wants to move away from AAA & into Live Service games to have a cash cow like COD,FIFA,Minecraft,GTAO,Fortnight,PUBG,Destiny etc!!

If one project clicks then the publisher is set for next decade.

13 hours ago, zoord said:

Hear a lot of praise for this one. Will grab after completing HiFi Rush.

Yes, pretty good extensive story. Don't go in hoping for a good gameplay. 

20 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yes, pretty good extensive story. Don't go in hoping for a good gameplay. 

I love choice based story games like telltale games, quantic dream , supermassive games etc.

So pretty excited to play this.

This tweet from official xbox publishing account was not in my 2024 bingo card.

:O

2 hours ago, AnK said:

I don’t understand 

why this game isn’t on iOS & Android!!

Nobody actually game on mobile phones. It's a gambling pit now. 

11 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Nobody actually game on mobile phones. It's a gambling pit now. 

Lmao

COD,Fortnite,PUBG are flourishing.

Games like 12minutes,Pentiment,Immorality & this would obviously get much wider audience on mobile.

5 hours ago, zoord said:

I love choice based story games like telltale games, quantic dream , supermassive games etc.

So pretty excited to play this.

This tweet from official xbox publishing account was not in my 2024 bingo card.

:O

play erica if you haven’t. Much better game

• Like 1

Peter Moore is convinced Microsoft will be discussing right now whether Xbox consoles have a future. Why should we care what Peter Moore thinks?

He knows a thing or two about video game consoles. As president of Sega America, Moore was in the room when Sega killed the Dreamcast and went third-party. Then, as boss of Xbox, he oversaw the Xbox 360, contending with everything from the red ring of death debacle to over-the-top E3 presentations. Yes, Peter Moore is that video game executive who got a Halo 2 tattoo on his arm just to flex Microsoft's muscle during the console war. Then, after Microsoft (and another tattoo, this time to promote GTA 4's launch on Xbox), Moore joined Electronic Arts to run EA Sports and the gargantuan FIFA series. In short, Moore knows what it takes to run a successful — and unsuccessful — console business, and so if he's wondering whether the games-playing machines under our TVs have a future, you can bet the people making them are, too.

"Now look, Sony is very much a hardware company, so I would say that that's your barometer company. Microsoft, not so much."

More - https://sea.ign.com/halo-infinite/213120/news/microsoft-will-be-debating-right-now-whether-xbox-consoles-have-a-future-says-peter-moore

They are just asking their closest to prepare the gaming world for the

Inevitable right now.

Yesterday both current developer & creator of Gears of War spoke about it’s need to be on Playstation.

News media hinting about the same with Halo.

While the usual shills are just trying their best to get as much footfall in their dying source of income by saying back & forth stupid stuff.

I mean why the f**k would they continue feeding freebies on GamePass if it’s not even growing & why the f**k would anyone want to invest in expensive hardware that has no other worth but freebies.

It just doesn’t add up!!

Edited by AnK

On 3/7/2024 at 10:11 AM, Takeda said:

Wolverine day and date on PC will happen. I dare any pony to challenge me by saying it will not happen. :devil:

On 3/7/2024 at 7:42 AM, gecko89 said:

If believing that helps you sleep better at night, I won't argue, Sleep well little xthot :rofl:

@gecko - and when he sleeps better at night, he also dreams 

• Haha 3

PS having tons of killer exclusives like Helldivers 2, Rebirth , stellar blade etc..

Seriously being a PS gamer you know u have tons of good stuff to play.

Xbots - PS5 has no games till FY 2025.