PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

What do you think it's going to be next? Goodbye gaming? 

I think there will be hardware like PS7 and next next gen Xbox. Just like PC.

Most likely OEM’s like Rogg Ally,Steam Deck & others.

Gaming genres & demographics are more diverse than ever before.

Some ppl want traditional campaign based AAA stuff….some multiplayer of same quality while others like F2P games or even sports games.

While some like Indies altogether.

Why have a same machine to fit all standards.

Already somewhat turned to this direction with mid gen refreshes.

M$ is rumoured to be taking this further.

One spec to fit all needs is what’s the root cause of low margins here…..atleast that’s what I believe.

10Billion was stock value loss, when they announced they wouldn't meet their 25Mil units sales target, I think it's 23Mil now which is still greater than entire Xbox sales this gen.

Sony stock dropped similarly when MS acquired ABK, then recovered within months. 

https://gamerant.com/sony-stock-price-value-down-why-ps5/

Edited by gecko89

7 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

10Billion was stock loss

7 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Sony stock dropped similarly when MS acquired ABK, then recovered within months. 

Buy the dip buy the dip  🤑🤑

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, AnK said:

I’ll be 50 years old by then….so who the f**k cares.

But Gems like London Studios getting closed after decades of peripheral gaming development & not even a true real shot at AAA since The Getaway franchise is just sad.

8 Days demo looked insanely awesome back in the day.

I guess Media Molecule is next with next to nothing profitable after Initial LBP release.

You won’t but the people will in gaming will, the PS console brand ain’t dying. 

sony london hasn’t made anything that sold well nor critically acclaimed.

Days 8 was just a demo and not everything translates into an amazing.

so calm down with your analysis. Don’t be the next pachter

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

The Getaway games didn’t sell well?!?

Also if Sony asks them to work on Eyetoy then Move then VR games then they can’t really do much about it can they!?!

But anyway obviously after so many years expecting a AAA campaign from them is laughable.

Sony should just quit this fascination with motion sensing games.

Before they take a hit like Kinnect.

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

You won’t but the people will in gaming will, the PS console brand ain’t dying. 

Days 8 was just a demo and not everything translates into an amazing.

so calm down with your analysis. Don’t be the next pachter

I have used a product for X years = Le me business and stock expert

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, AnK said:

He is talking about waving stock prices & market capital fall because of that.

Sony stock prices nose dived when M$ announced ABK acquisition.

But it came back up in no time.

Stock prices regularly go up & down each quarter.

But since Xbots were using extra diapers this month they wanted something to cling on to & are clinging on to things like these :rofl: 

Yesterday they were clutching to straws that Sea Of Thieves will require a M$ account on Playstation 5…..hence will lead to an “increase in Xbox MAU” :rofl: 

Lol at Market value loss being used as a 'loss' or a win. As you said, these thinga happen regularly and in some weeks, it is likely stock price will go back to the original level again.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

I have used a product for X years = Le me business and stock expert

that’s goes for a lot of posts here tbh

Well atleast my 2 cents have been much more on point so far compared to the ppl who supported Xbox’s “Sustainable business” theory :rofl: 

Also I ain’t saying it’s doomsday or anything.

Just that changes are in progress.

Otherwise a studio like London Studio would have been given a proper shot atleast once after The Getaway games before completely transforming them into motion gaming studio & then disbanding.

But who knows….maybe they were given a shot & they didn’t show anything fruitful.

Unlike Team Xbox…Playstation Studios don’t go gung-ho about every project in pipeline before they are worth presenting.

PlayStation Studios says it’s ‘reevaluating how we operate’, confirms cancelled games

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/playstation-studios-says-its-reevaluating-how-we-operate-confirms-cancelled-games/

Delivering the immersive, narrative-driven stories that PlayStation Studios is known for, at the quality bar that we aspire to, requires a re-evaluation of how we operate. Delivering and sustaining social, online experiences – allowing PlayStation gamers to explore our worlds in different ways – as well as launching games on additional devices such as PC and Mobile, requires a different approach and different resources.”

sony-president-coo-hiroki-totoki-promoti

^^ Japanese Satya Nadella :P

Cant wait to play Wolverine dayone on Steam. :lol:

Edited by Takeda

4 hours ago, AnK said:

The Getaway games didn’t sell well?!?

Also if Sony asks them to work on Eyetoy then Move then VR games then they can’t really do much about it can they!?!

But anyway obviously after so many years expecting a AAA campaign from them is laughable.

Sony should just quit this fascination with motion sensing games.

Before they take a hit like Kinnect.

london studio at one point was Sony’s biggest internal studio. Its a travesty that legit studios like evolution and liverpool got shut down while london studios was operating making tech demos for years. 

Anyone remember this?

Nintendo CEO once halved his salary to prevent layoffs, and it worked—why that’s so uncommon today

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/02/13/nintendo-ceo-once-halved-salary-to-prevent-layoffs-why-thats-uncommon.html

I dont play or like any Nintendo games anymore but huge respect to Nintendo CEO for taking this step. back in 2014 to prevent layoffs in company. You will never see MS or Sony or any other big corporation will ever do this for their employees. 

Nintendo :majesty:

3 hours ago, KnackChap said:

london studio at one point was Sony’s biggest internal studio. Its a travesty that legit studios like evolution and liverpool got shut down while london studios was operating making tech demos for years. 

Problem with Sony has always been that they run on a very very tight budget & margins because of the overall declining health of the corporation because of it’s other businesses.

They literally have the entertainment business to fall back on for all of the rest of their failures.

One Failed attempt & they drop the studios & production houses even if the product gradually garners cult following & the sequel has potential to be a runaway hit.

They are just too quick to dismiss things.

2 hours ago, Takeda said:

Anyone remember this?

Nintendo CEO once halved his salary to prevent layoffs, and it worked—why that’s so uncommon today

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/02/13/nintendo-ceo-once-halved-salary-to-prevent-layoffs-why-thats-uncommon.html

I dont play or like any Nintendo games anymore but huge respect to Nintendo CEO for taking this step. back in 2014 to prevent layoffs in company. You will never see MS or Sony or any other big corporation will ever do this for their employees. 

Nintendo :majesty:

Nintendo has nurtured this culture of talent retention above everything else. When an employee is lost, they also see it as loss of years of experience working at Nintendo. This is why they have very high employee retention rate, and why their games turnover is so quick. Because they don't have to spend time and resources training new people every few months. Most people who start their career at Nintendo retire at Nintendo.

45 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Nintendo has nurtured this culture of talent retention above everything else. When an employee is lost, they also see it as loss of years of experience working at Nintendo. This is why they have very high employee retention rate, and why their games turnover is so quick. Because they don't have to spend time and resources training new people every few months. Most people who start their career at Nintendo retire at Nintendo.

Another great thing about Nintendo is that they nurture and care for their consoles and fanbase really well. 

While I've never been a fan of exclusives, Sony really dropped the ball towards the tail end of PS4 and starting with PS5, with most of its exclusives coming to PC. Not to mention, they try to jump on the recent trend, such as live service games, and end up wasting too much money. 

Nintendo tried to do that with the 3DS by jumping on the 3D trend that started in early 2010s. And they learnt from their mistakes, and as a result the innovative Switch was born. 

45 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Another great thing about Nintendo is that they nurture and care for their consoles and fanbase really well. 

While I've never been a fan of exclusives, Sony really dropped the ball towards the tail end of PS4 and starting with PS5, with most of its exclusives coming to PC. Not to mention, they try to jump on the recent trend, such as live service games, and end up wasting too much money. 

Nintendo tried to do that with the 3DS by jumping on the 3D trend that started in early 2010s. And they learnt from their mistakes, and as a result the innovative Switch was born. 

15 minutes ago, AeyGee said:

Dropped the ball with tail end of PS4?

Last of us 2 and Tsushima released towards the tail end of PS4. How is that dropping the ball?

PS5 started with Miles, Souls and Ratchet, how is that dropping the ball?

What are you smoking dude :lol:

• Haha 1