PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

3 hours ago, zoord said:

Next 2-3 years will be very interesting to spectate how things will end.

It never was rocket science to see what was coming.

The Doctors,Accountants,Scientists,Architects,Qawwali rappers & Intellectuals of this forum abused me each time I said this was coming,all have disappeared in thin air without a comment on the subject now :giggle:

Edited by AnK

1 minute ago, Purana Khiladi said:

Let them announce COD Day1 on GP. Series X will surpass PS2 sales in a year :P 

Par announce karre toh sahi!! :rofl: 

BC akhri moment pai announce karke chaah rahe hai ki koi khareede na aur koi free mai khel na paye taaki jeb se na bharna pade kuchh!! :roflroll:

If gamepass shits the bed, I am selling my XSX at whatever cost 

Irrespective of what happens, in a few years, I’ll do my gaming on a top-end PC with ultrawide monitor and ps5 pro for exclusives

GamePass will die a very slow death.

In fact it will never cease to exist as long as their is PSplus.

In fact even Steam & Epic Store might start a mild subscription service at some point.

But GamesPass won’t offer third party AAA mega budget games anytime soon post release & the First party juggernauts might have a separate appropriately priced tier without any freebies.

COD might have it’s own separate ultra tier.

Though I Expect them to give Next two COD games & Indiana Jones as promised on GamesPass in last ditch effort if Spencer is yet again able to convince that he can still turn things around with more of these shenanigans.

Edited by AnK

2 hours ago, AnK said:

It never was rocket science to see what was coming.

The Doctors,Accountants,Scientists,Architects,Qawwali rappers & Intellectuals of this forum abused me each time I said this was coming,all have disappeared in thin air without a comment on the subject now :giggle:

:rofl:

Who should I expect to know more about the industry?

Is it option A. Jim Ryan (Jimbo) who has been part of PS (game industry) for 30 years and said that gamepass is not sustainable or is it option B.  Doctors,Accountants,Scientists,Architects,Qawwali rappers & Intellectuals. :rofl:

Edited by zoord
  • Haha 3

f**k Jimbo or any veteran.

Even a puny child would know that something like that was never meant to make business but rather harm someone else’s.

A true gamer would never advocate harm to developers & platforms producing great content.

Only short sighted freebie mongers & the ones with egotistical brand preference.

Phil Spencer interview - rising game budgets, exclusivity, layoffs, growth and pivoting the brand to attract Gen Z - https://www.polygon.com/24108700/phil-spencer-interview-2024-xbox-exclusives-layoffs

Phil Spencer wants Epic Games Store and others on Xbox consoles - https://www.polygon.com/24108670/xbox-epic-games-store-phil-spencer-interview

It seems like more games are coming to PS according to the first article.

I think Phill should just stawp giving any sort of statements now!! :rofl: 

Guy will go down in history as the most cluelessly moronic exec in history!! :rofl: 

21 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

What can actually save XSX is if Steam, Epic and others PC stores come to Xbox

is it possible?

Did you read what he’s been saying?!?

(Phill)

That’s exactly what he said!!

They are interested in opening Xbox as a platform for all store fronts.

& no it can’t happen on XBSX because it’s not an open platform but rather a proprietary device with designated dev kit & API’s.

Infact XBSX doesn’t even matter as it sold peanuts & XBSS is already having trouble keeping up.

He is talking about the Next Machine from M$ which will be on open ended OEM just like SteamD,Rogg Ally,Lenovo Gaming rigs etc.

& No it’s not called “Saving Xbox” it’s called being “done with it”.

There will be no actual Xbox as they won’t be getting any platform royalty & all the studios that they have acquired will remain multiplatform as they were before acquisitions.

There is no actual “Xbox” in any of this just in bots & Phill’s mind.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

What can actually save XSX is if Steam, Epic and others PC stores come to Xbox

is it possible?

What will just stores coming to XSX/XSS do? The same games available on those stores are already available on Xbox (Minus the legions of Steam RPGMaker and other extremely small indies no one ever hears of but keep coming)! These PC stores coming on Xbox (Will mostly be on next Xbox, not Series Consoles) means they're going open source, 3rd party and abandoning their game selling store front (Not GamePass)

18 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Irrespective of what happens, in a few years, I’ll do my gaming on a top-end PC with ultrawide monitor and ps5 pro for exclusives

GamePass will live and come to other platforms too I think! After so many acquisitions and spending, no way will shareholders allow GamePass to go away. Even Satya Nadella won't be able to make that happen I think! It'll come to Nintendo (Most games via Nintendo Cloud/Streaming) and Sony too (Mostly it'll not come directly, but I think they'll make a deal where they put their games on PS+ in exchange for fees/commission I think). I think, after all this, the day GamePass dies is the day MS gets out of the Video Game Industry altogether - which will not happen.

GamePass will live but won’t be a freebie service going forth.

The very reason it distributed freebies (kinda like Epic Store does to a much lesser extent) was to lure ppl from other platforms & storefronts into their own.

But since they are embracing other platforms & stores now it’s clear that their goal is to be a software developer & get profits from game sales rather than Royalties being a Platform or Store.

The very reason they are making a hardware & attaching it with windows store is to avoid outcry from existing digital library owners & law suits that will follow if they shut shop overnight.

Basically your Xbox Library will be migrated into Games For Windows Library & you will become the owner of the PC version of all of your content.

Soon expect ports of Gears 2/3 & Halo 5 on PC since those are the only ones that never received a PC version.

Edited by AnK

Also god help all these studios they acquired in what sort of fit of dominance.

Coz their track record of producing/managing gaming software is as bad as it can be.

Meanwhile MS to its studios..

Microsoft asks developers watch out for gender stereotypes and exaggerated body proportions.

Are you creating playable female characters that are equal in skill and ability to their male peers. Are your female characters equipped with clothing and armor that fits their tasks?  Do they have exaggerated body proportions?

Source:

https://windowsreport.com/microsoft-warns-game-devs-about-stereotypes-exaggerated-body-proportions/

18 hours ago, 0verlord said:

It would be very wise to sell it now rather than selling when it doesn't have any value. 

3 minutes ago, Purana Khiladi said:

It would be very wise to sell it now rather than selling when it doesn't have any value. 

I personally wouldn’t recommend that.

So far I personally think the worth of those 58k + monthly compound interest on that hasn’t been availed.

I’d wait & play HellBlade 2,Next COD(or two) & Indiana Jones in hopes of availing some more of that expensive cost.

Avowed is visibly another Crackdown/Redfall so no point even counting that.