Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

4 hours ago, SuperT said:

Closed my Magnus on renewal month. Infinia is the king again. Sorry was and is the king :fear1:

I think Atlas was still an ok card but this is just the nail in the coffin. 

1. Which other card is getting you 5-6% for upto 15L spends?

2. Magnus for Burgundy is still one of the most rewarding cards for medium spenders, Infinia is basically a Smartbuy card now.

17 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Amex is the biggest winner here. Trifecta or atleast Platinum travel is a must have.

Amex is nice, the only problem with the Plat. Travel is the new update to the vouchers policy by Taj. Earlier the vouchers were applicable on member rates so the benefits were pretty good and I used the Taj vouchers a lot but now the vouchers are not valid on member rates so you have to take the normal rates which are quite higher. 

But for Bonvoy points it is pretty good I mostly transfer the points during promotions of extra 50% on transfer. 

14 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Amex is nice, the only problem with the Plat. Travel is the new update to the vouchers policy by Taj. Earlier the vouchers were applicable on member rates so the benefits were pretty good and I used the Taj vouchers a lot but now the vouchers are not valid on member rates so you have to take the normal rates which are quite higher. 

But for Bonvoy points it is pretty good I mostly transfer the points during promotions of extra 50% on transfer. 

50% transfer bonus hasn't come for last 3 years. It's been 30%.

Didn't know about the Taj policy change, can you share the source?

37 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

50% transfer bonus hasn't come for last 3 years. It's been 30%.

Didn't know about the Taj policy change, can you share the source?

The good old days with 50% transfer bonus. I remember transferring all my points and getting brilliant value on Marriot properties. 30% I have used once didn't know it was the norm now, sad.

Taj source- I tried booking 2 months back and the property told me that vouchers cannot be used on member rates anymore, called Amex and they acknowledged it said that Taj has the right to decide and they have started getting this complaint from customers. 

Edited by SuperT

I just applied for airtel axis last week and now they devalue all their cards :ranting: 

Airtel axis didn’t get devalued that much. Still a good card for airtel, Bb, Zomato and Swiggy spends and utilities payments to an extent. Theyre taking ages to approve it though…meh couldn’t care much if I dont get it 

8 hours ago, Shantz said:

Does magnus have guest access on domestic lounges? I think that's new post April 20?

I won't go by what Axis has written in the PDF.

Guest access were only provided via Priority Pass but at the same time, Priority Pass was made chargeable on Domestic Lounges (even International Indian Lounges).

For domestic lounges, card had to be used directly but now that calls for a 50k spend in last 3 months.

So even if the guest access part on Domestic lounges is true, either you will need to spend those 50k to make it complementary for yourself and then try your luck at the counter or you will be charged on your Priority Pass for yourself at the very least.

And knowing Axis, their team won't know anything about what's actually the case.

• Thanks 1

It took Axis 5 weeks to figure out and let me know they cancelled my card based on someone else’s delinquency. That someone else is an entirely unrelated human. They also cancelled the card without any communication. I found my card was cancelled after I got in touch with customer service to let them know that my card was showing CVV error on trying to use it. 
At the same time, I kept getting statements (which showed nil dues, in fact pending cash back) and calls for “unpaid dues” :lol:
I don’t foresee I’ll use any of their services anytime soon. This level of systemic incompetence is not for me, no matter the rewards. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, achilles said:

It took Axis 5 weeks to figure out and let me know they cancelled my card based on someone else’s delinquency. That someone else is an entirely unrelated human. They also cancelled the card without any communication. I found my card was cancelled after I got in touch with customer service to let them know that my card was showing CVV error on trying to use it. 
At the same time, I kept getting statements (which showed nil dues, in fact pending cash back) and calls for “unpaid dues” :lol:
I don’t foresee I’ll use any of their services anytime soon. This level of systemic incompetence is not for me, no matter the rewards. 

Get compensation.

10 minutes ago, achilles said:

Oh, joy. Do they add interest like they do when we pay our 'advance' taxes later? 

They basically have a fixed amount per day, the longer RBI takes, the more bank has to pay.
RBI only works if it has been at least 30 days since the complaint was made with the bank.

3 hours ago, achilles said:

Damn I just got an Axis card 😳

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, dante77 said:

Thankfully never dealt with axis. Cards or banking! 

Axis might have become stupid now but if you never got an Axis card in last 2 years, you missed out. Plain and simple.

Axis has provided me with enough points, that I can comfortably travel in International Biz for atleast 4-5 times (have already travelled thrice).

Ask @Shantz, he got much more out of it.

It's simple, last 2 years was the golden period for Indian CC game and now things are going back to normal as Axis has to stop itself from bleeding.

• Sad 1

On 3/22/2024 at 12:16 PM, achilles said:

What happened exactly? Someone else phoned pretending to be you and cancelled your card??