Heaven Angel

Just now, HundredProofSam said:

Been playing in coop with @Keyofx and @skdMrk and it's a lot of fun, but we're all new too looter shooters so we struggle a bit with the grind. Have to keep switching between WT 4 and 5 so far. 

?

1 minute ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Wait, I thought higher WT gives higher XP. Its not like that, is it? So, the only thing higher WT is influencing is better gear?

Sadly no. WT is just for enemy level and loot modifier. All missions/killing experience is same as WT1. 

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

also those flying Scorpion thingys

Yeah, those are so annoying. Sitting back and spamming acid. ?

20 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Sadly no. WT is just for enemy level and loot modifier. All missions/killing experience is same as WT1. 

Yeah, those are so annoying. Sitting back and spamming acid. ?

I keep a DMR specifically for them

58 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

hmm. I am just thinking why they would do that - maybe it was done because a faster XP gain would mean risking the character hitting the level cap much earlier than hitting the WT cap. But then, that could be counter balanced by tying the XP gain to WT gain. Unless they didn't want players to cross WT11-12 before the game finishes.   

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

Been playing in coop with @Keyofx and @skdMrk and it's a lot of fun, but we're all new too looter shooters so we struggle a bit with the grind. Have to keep switching between WT 4 and 5 so far. 

Yea, that last boss yesterday was a bit too easy on WT4. Might need to bump it up a notch.

Mics are absolutely essential to discuss tactics, etc., and make the game just that much more enjoyable. I think we've had fun experimenting with new tactics (organized/called out between us) to manage some of the tougher enemies/encounters. The AI is surprisingly solid, too. They flank, push forward, and spread out to corner you if you split up from your group. Super fun so far!

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

If you don't care about farming/legendaries/endgame, then play campaign on any world tier. You can breeze through on WT1-3 (story/easy/normal difficulty). 

If you want to keep the campaign challenging, then set world tier to highest automatic. Things gets challenging and forces you to go through crafting/modding/grinding a bit. 

If you want to speedrun campaign and then focus on endgame, clear campaign on low WT, get to level 27-30, then increase WT to max to grind.

Experience doesn't scale based on world tier which is stupid. So you can play campaign on any tier and get to same level as opposed to playing on highest WT. 

I want to keep stuff easy  but continue to get good high end gear. I don't mind grind as long as its not too hard :)

Finished it. 

20210407154302_1.jpg

That turned out pretty good. :thumbsup: 

Good: 

• Good shooting. Gunplay never felt boring one bit. 
  • Abilities - early early/lower WT, all abilities are fun and viable. Makes the gameplay more fun than just shooting your way through.
  • Story gets better midway but still never really cared about it. The cutscenes were nice though. 
  • Enemy AI was not brain dead. They don't wait for you but rather force their way in and knock you out. Pretty challenging at times.
  • Good combination of cover shooting when needed, all guns blazing, powers, co-op, unique legendaries and loot. The game doesn't have 1 way to play like Division/Gears where it is mostly cover shooter.
  • Crafting/modding system is nice and doesn't require ridiculous amount of grind to craft/mod anything. 

Bad:

• Characters felt generic and didn't really feel anything for them. Wouldn't change a thing even if they were not present in the game.
  • Balancing issues - if you are playing on highest world tier, the game runs into serious balancing issues and force you to constantly mod every time you level and makes your gear/grind useless. 
  • The skills also become useless compared to using special bullets. The power/anomaly scaling is very poor and this turns the game into guns blazing. 
  • In a game with healer/tank/DPS roles, the game purely supports only DPS in expeditions as rewards are behind timer. 

Good/bad on personal level: 

• Since the game isn't live service, it doesn't provide (me) any incentive to keep grinding for better loot stuff. The game just...ends. There are expeditions but they also end once you beat them. You just keep doing same stuff but nothing to progress anymore. 

Overall - very enjoyable game. Starting/demo was bit rough but after couple of hours in, it gets a lot better and you also get better loot/mods which elevates the gameplay even more. Awesome co-op too. The launch server issues definitely didn't do the game any favor but hopefully more people will give it a try now (or during a sale) as it is pretty good game. Enjoyed it more than Gears 5/Division 2. 

• Like 6

Started the game finally. Im enjoying the game so far, playing  as Trickster.

Final build definitely improved and much better than demo but character movement still feels floaty and cover system is just bad when compared to Gears and Division 2.

Thank god its on Game pass coz i don't think its game worth buying for full price. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

32 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Finished it. 

20210407154302_1.jpg

Overall - very enjoyable game. Starting/demo was bit rough but after couple of hours in, it gets a lot better and you also get better loot/mods which elevates the gameplay even more. Awesome co-op too. The launch server issues definitely didn't do the game any favor but hopefully more people will give it a try now (or during a sale) as it is pretty good game. Enjoyed it more than Gears 5/Division 2. 

nice review.. I am enjoying it too..... 

how long is the game ? I just started the forest area ... how long is left ?

1 minute ago, hsk_colossus said:

nice review.. I am enjoying it too..... 

how long is the game ? I just started the forest area ... how long is left ?

Took me around ~25 hours to clear campaign, all hunts, wanted, most of the side stuff.

Forest is around 60% of the game. You still have hours to go (around ~10 main missions at least). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Started the game finally. Im enjoying the game so far, playing  as Trickster.

Final build definitely improved and much better than demo but character movement still feels floaty and cover system is just bad when compared to Gears and Division 2.

Thank god its on Game pass coz i don't think its game worth buying for full price. 

as the guy from Skill up said, the cover is not for you, its for the enemies :lol: you just wreck havoc. Play it like Doom to get maximum fun.

Game has proper campaign and not those 5-7 hours. 15-20 hours of campaign.

Has side missions/stuff to do.

Has co-op.

Has endgame stuff to chase.

Games like Gears 5, Legion, Control, Remnant, etc all provided inferior experience compared to this. But somehow this is not worth $60 while others are. I wonder what is worth buying these days. ? 

Not every game is going to be GOTY. This is standard AAA game. Just because PCF isn't big name doesn't mean they are small indie studio. 

5 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

as the guy from Skill up said, the cover is not for you, its for the enemies :lol: you just wreck havoc. Play it like Doom to get maximum fun.

Yeah, playing this as cover shooter is mistake and bad way to play. It is for enemies and very rarely useful for you (like when need some healing back up) or escape final shot. 

Close-mid range is where the game shines and abilities also favor it. 

28 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Game has proper campaign and not those 5-7 hours. 15-20 hours of campaign.

Has side missions/stuff to do.

Has co-op.

Has endgame stuff to chase.

Games like Gears 5, Legion, Control, Remnant, etc all provided inferior experience compared to this. But somehow this is not worth $60 while others are. I wonder what is worth buying these days. ? 

Not every game is going to be GOTY. This is standard AAA game. Just because PCF isn't big name doesn't mean they are small indie studio. 

Everything should be free if you were to believe some people. Games have never been as much devalued as they are today

Edited by Sach4life

Trickster abilities are lot of fun to use. Abilities greatly enhances the gameplay. This would have sucked as pure cover  based shooter as gunplay not great but serviceable at its best and cover system is just god awful, getting stuck to walls randomly is annoying.