STICK3Rboy

Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

So Tenet is out in less than a month. Theaters look like they are nowhere near to being open and even if they are, I dont think I wanna go watch a movie in a closed space with 200 people. That seems like a really bad idea. 

Should have released it digital. Bury the hatchet with Netflix and take their bazzilion dollars. 

I don't think Netflix or any other streaming platform is ready to give insane amounts at this moment. Its their best time in a lifetime. I think they will leverage this to the core. For a big movie like Tenet I think they will give a lot of money though, just not as much as they would ask and that is never enough!

Though. I don't know sh*t about how they take money from makers. So correct me if I am wrong, lol.

7 hours ago, dante77 said:

I don't think Netflix or any other streaming platform is ready to give insane amounts at this moment. Its their best time in a lifetime. I think they will leverage this to the core. For a big movie like Tenet I think they will give a lot of money though, just not as much as they would ask and that is never enough!

Though. I don't know sh*t about how they take money from makers. So correct me if I am wrong, lol.

That’s right 

But I think with Tenet 

Nolan should fix a price & 0 exclusivity 

you want my Movie on your platform 

you have!! to pay X amount 

& anyone can pay & take it...no exclusivity 

that’d break some of the monopoly these digital platforms are building up 

even for future big name projects 

Hell no,no one’s going & sitting in a theatre anytime soon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnK said:

That’s right 

But I think with Tenet 

Nolan should fix a price & 0 exclusivity 

you want my Movie on your platform 

you have!! to pay X amount 

& anyone can pay & take it...no exclusivity 

that’d break some of the monopoly these digital platforms are building up 

even for future big name projects 

Hell no,no one’s going & sitting in a theatre anytime soon 

Americans are itching to run to the nearest AMC lol. Even in other countries including India, stupidity knows no bounds. But then again, how long can people live like this in isolation? Maybe another 2 months max.

Brother when everyone knows that the virus has spread in atleast 3-4 ppl you personally know 

No one is stepping out 

But yeah everything has a limit 

Next two months will be crucial 

But that’s stupidity then 

it’s the worse case scenario going on in the world right now for outdoor retail & realty 

Being rigid even at this hour is nothing but stupidity 

57 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Nolan wouldn't allow his movie to be released on streaming. He's hell bent on releasing it in theaters, even if that means most people can't watch it.

He may sound stupid but he is right.

And all the movies in which millions were spent to bring in 3D will be held back.

Nolan and many others use iMAX cameras, the gorgeousness is lost between the cinemascopic black strips.

Once upon a time in Hollywood....is movie to be seen in theatres because Tarantino does extra-wide, you would never get same effect on TV.

If we have to eat the cheese, we have to wait for the cheese....no other way.

Watched chichore as it was coming on TV.

A dull movie actually without even a strong message.

Ending : they need the approval of the winners to be recognised and feel motivated and not because they themselves felt it.

And the movie isn't individually good as an inspirational movie or a comedy movie or a college life/sports movie.

16 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Watched chichore as it was coming on TV.

A dull movie actually without even a strong message.

Ending : they need the approval of the winners to be recognised and feel motivated and not because they themselves felt it.

And the movie isn't individually good as an inspirational movie or a comedy movie or a college life/sports movie.

ok

3 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Warner Bros. delays Tenet to August 12th as COVID-19 cases spike in the United States.

They are going to keep pushing every 2 weeks... 

Just put it on digital man. At some point they will have to accept the reality that theater revenue is gonna be sh*t till we have a vaccine. 

Even if theaters open, even if they allow full capacity, most people still wont want to be in a crowded room like that.

Sure there are morons that will but there arent enough morons out there to make enough money on these films. 

Edited by Aftrunner
  • Like 1