Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

You guys know the drill. Anything related to movies goes here.

Original thread

To start off, posting this sublime trailer from Wes Anderson's next.

Feels like the guy's getting more and more confident in his vision. It's a thing of beauty *wipes a tear*

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Old thread is almost dead. The date time is not getting updated since a day. 

It had been happening from quite a few days actually.

--------------------------------

6dcTuNN.jpg

A24 has released the first poster for David Lowery‘s upcoming film The Green Knight. The movie is a fantasy re-telling of the legend of Gawain and the Green Knight. The story basically goes that the Green Knight came to court of King Arthur with a challenge to any knight to strike him with his axe, but he will return the blow in a year and a day. Gawain accepts the challenge, cuts off the Green Knight’s head, but then the Green Knight picks up his own head and basically says, “See you in a year and a day, Gawain,” so Gawain must figure out how to keep up his end of the wager while not getting his own head cut off.

The film opens this summer and stars Dev Patel, Alicia Vikander, Joel Edgerton, Barry Keoghan, Sean Harris, Kate Dickie, and Ralph Ineson.

Source

Edited by STICK3Rboy

May I suggest pinning this thread for a week or two, since it's a replacement for an older one.

Re-watched Contagion after a long time, coz ... well it's the season of the virus :/

Arguably the most accurate film when it comes to a new virus outbreak and how the modern world deals with it.

Also shows how fragile our existence is, a novel virus, couple of quick mutations and half of us are gone.

Ensemble cast and very well made.

WTF? can any one let me know the official reason for this new thread? no joke. Why I am not able to see old thread?

Since its the boycotting season around everywhere, time to boycott IVG?

EDIT: Movie thread has consistently been the best thread on IVG, why would some one want to erase that legacy!!!!

Edited by dante77

6 minutes ago, dante77 said:

WTF? can any one let me know the official reason for this new thread? no joke. Why I am not able to see old thread?

Since its the boycotting season around everywhere, time to boycott IVG?

EDIT: Movie thread has consistently been the best thread on IVG, why would some one want to erase that legacy!!!!

It is not erased. But server (?) seems to have issues with loading pages. The thread is temporarily locked till issue is resolved. Once done, will merge this and back to old times. 

• Thanks 1

Just finished watching Marriage Story. Watch it if you're in that headspace to watch something sad, I guess. Things just keep falling apart. It truly is sad, but that's the point of the movie. The director's tried his best to keep it slightly comedic at the right places, though. But he never overdoes it.

Amazing performances by both, Adam and Scarlett.

A good watch, overall.