The Playstation 5 thread

11 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

For physical variants, storage space doesn't really matter. 

It does. 

The disc is just an authenticator. Games are not streamed/played off the disc. They still need to be fully installed onto the internal ssd. 

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

It does. 

The disc is just an authenticator. Games are not streamed/played off the disc. They still need to be fully installed onto the internal ssd. 

You would only play a certain number of games at once. I'm sure the total size (of those active games) won't exceed the *fluctuating* 667 available gigs. 

16 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

You would only play a certain number of games at once. I'm sure the total size (of those active games) won't exceed the *fluctuating* 667 available gigs. 

that’s not what you meant earlier. 

This is true. But the fact remains out of the gate 667GB was an atrocious decision in the first place. 

Just now, radicaldude said:

I wonder though, how many games can xss store (at once). Considering cod mp modes are huuge. (almost hitting 300 gigs sometimes) 

You either play COD or play “games” (plural) on the S :giggle:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Others is games that are downloading or installing or even failed installations. If you clear your download queue and do a file system reconstruction it'll disappear.

Why should I pay 50k to manually do system checks just to save on the already stingy space? :ranting:

1 minute ago, adity said:

It's pretty clear that the ps5 os is half baked and wasn't really ready for prime time. 

Totally. They clearly seem to be rushed. I wonder if they had just skipped this year and done a proper launch this time next year things might’ve been so much better not only from a supply but also QC perspective. Couldn’t clearly risk doing it the bottomless wallet of MS staring you down but Sony have never been great on the sw side but all these bugs/glitches are real downers. 

Just now, AnK said:

It’s a much more powerful SSD,this was the best they could do at this price point 

Exclusive games like R&C will do wonders with this SSD 

a necessary sacrifice 

That we will see when the X has next-gen games. Wait :giggle:

17 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

you know what wasn't a necessary sacrifice? allowing you to swap games from secondary drive. f**k that sh*t. 

wait what is this now?

You can’t dump PS4 games onto an external hdd/ssd? 

I roll with both and thought that would still be possible on the 5.