The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 hour ago, Cash said:

Somethings really dodgy for me. :|

Fast pandemics like this always happen in waves. Places like USA and parts of Europe are on their 3rd/4th wave.

Even the Spanish Flu of 1918-19 came in waves.

This was written in April 2020, BEFORE the first wave had even reached its peak.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/covid-19-epidemic-waves/

tldr; As Coronavirus cases spike in Lucknow, testing facilities in the city have been constrained with private diagnostic laboratories not conducting tests or restricting their sample collection. Dr Lal Path-Labs and SRL Diagnostics claim they have not been collecting samples for COVID-19 testing for nearly 10 days, citing orders from administration to "not conduct tests". Others like RML Mehrotra Pathology said they have stopped sample collection at centres and are only testing samples collected from hospitals.

https://thelogicalindian.com/trending/lucknow-covid-testing-27872

Edited by djdgr8

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

2 people close to our family died in 2 days due to lack of beds. Goddamn f**k.

Very sorry to hear. That must have been very painful to not have been able to get get them even a hospital bed. .

Hearing lots of reports of death among relatives and the community.

Recently managed to get a bed for wife's mama whose condition had worsened. Called a close relative who owns a hospital and even he didn't have any beds available. Finally managed to get a bed in one other hospital. That was 2 weeks ago. Availability of beds (and remdesivir) has become worse since then. A relative requested a ICU bed last week, and another asked if I could get them any remdesivir and I couldn't help either. A local MNS karyakarta I met recently says he's getting hundreds of such calls daily and he can't do much even though the MNS aamdar owns a hospital here.

My brother arrived from France yesterday and is in hotel quarantine right now. He had an RT PCR test before departing, and another one on arrival. Then there will be one more test within 5 days and even then he has to undergo 7 more days of home quarantine. I feel they are being needlessly anal about foreign visitors when resident Indians are an overwhelmingly bigger threat to them than vice versa. There are no restrictions on movement and testing requirements for those that attend weddings or other functions, or the kumbh mela or political rallies. Maybe if they had been this strict 1 year ago, situation would have been different.

Now it feels like using the world's best lock for this gate.

wooden-gate-no-fence.jpg

47 minutes ago, djdgr8 said:

This is true. 

Dad's elder sister and her entire family were having symptoms. The govt lab reports were negative. With some high level pressure, they were able to get RTPCR redone at a private setup. All were positive. 

Her daughter in law's sister and her husband own two pretty well known hospitals in NCR (no names please), but had no beds left. Made place for 4 beds in her hospital office - removed all furniture, got beds and other stuff moved in. 

Thankfully all are stable on oxygen.

Imagine the plight of a common man, without connections. 

It's massively f**ked. 

37 minutes ago, Banz said:

Very sorry to hear. That must have been very painful to not have been able to get get them even a hospital bed. .

Hearing lots of reports of death among relatives and the community.

Recently managed to get a bed for wife's mama whose condition had worsened. Called a close relative who owns a hospital and even he didn't have any beds available. Finally managed to get a bed in one other hospital. That was 2 weeks ago. Availability of beds (and remdesivir) has become worse since then. A relative requested a ICU bed last week, and another asked if I could get them any remdesivir and I couldn't help either. A local MNS karyakarta I met recently says he's getting hundreds of such calls daily and he can't do much even though the MNS aamdar owns a hospital here.

My brother arrived from France yesterday and is in hotel quarantine right now. He had an RT PCR test before departing, and another one on arrival. Then there will be one more test within 5 days and even then he has to undergo 7 more days of home quarantine. I feel they are being needlessly anal about foreign visitors when resident Indians are an overwhelmingly bigger threat to them than vice versa. There are no restrictions on movement and testing requirements for those that attend weddings or other functions, or the kumbh mela or political rallies. Maybe if they had been this strict 1 year ago, situation would have been different.

Now it feels like using the world's best lock for this gate.

wooden-gate-no-fence.jpg

Feels super bad, man. Getting multiple calls daily for beds, and can't help most. Feel like a failure, man. 

People are assholes, but this motherf**king government should rot in hell. Abysmal spend on healthcare, absolutely poor infrastructure, overworked frontline workers, no control on price gouging, chest thumping during the lull period when we could have built centers for another pandemic (or a 2nd wave), built capacity for drugs, oxygen, ventilators, ICUs etc. 

Out of control and depressing. f**k. 

From the earlier post and now, just got news that mom's close friends' husband passed away due to COVID. Apparently healthy, no known comorbidities. Was in Lucknow. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 9

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

This is true. 

Dad's elder sister and her entire family was having symptoms. The govt lab reports were negative. With some high level pressure, they were able to get RTPCR redone at a private setup. All were positive. 

Her daughter in law's sister and her husband own two pretty well known hospitals in NCR (no names please), but had no beds left. Made place for 4 beds in her hospital office - removed all furniture, got beds and other stuff moved in. 

Thankfully all are stable on oxygen.

Imagine the plight of a common man, without connections. 

It's massively f**ked. 

Feels super bad, man. Getting multiple calls daily for beds, and can't help most. Feel like a failure, man. 

People are assholes, but this motherf**king government should rot in hell. Abysmal spend on healthcare, absolutely poor infrastructure, overworked frontline workers, no control on price gouging, chest thumping during the lull period when we could have built centers for another pandemic (or a 2nd wave), built capacity for drugs, oxygen, ventilators, ICUs etc. 

Out of control and depressing. f**k. 

From the earlier post and now, just got news that mom's close friends' husband passed away due to COVID. Apparently healthy, no known comorbidities. Was in Lucknow. 

Yes, they focused more on closing the Covid hospitals than opening.

Twitter timeline is filled with requests for bed, ICU bed, plasma, Ramdesivir and all sort of meds.

Thankfully, many of them are getting help.

I shudder to think about those who are not on twitter. I don't think we have any option but to call in emergency, have Army take over the situation.

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

Army doesn’t have a magic wand 

I think we are heading towards a lockdown 

1. They have descipline. They can create temp medical facilities really fast. Like last year they created one in Delhi.

2. Yes, lockdown is imminent but unlike last time, it won't solve anything. Covid has penetrated deep into India.

54 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

We might have a thali bajao day after 2nd May.

Oh man...That reminded me of this message that was doing the rounds on whatsapp back then.

The 5pm clapping  modi asked us to do is extremely interesting. Someone i know who's studied astrology and knows how to corelate with science. 
At that time Moon is passing to a new 'nakshatra' called Revati.
The playing of bells and clapping: The cumulative vibration will encourage blood circulation in the body. . 
It's the reason they used to have huge, gong-like bells in old Shakti temples on the mountains. 
Someone very knowledgeable is guiding Modi abt this. Hope it works.  22nd March is Amavasya, darkest day in a month. All virus, bacteria and evil forces have maximum potential and power on such days. 5 PM- clapping,  shankh nada etc by 130 crore people at the same time will create so much vibrations that virus will lose all potency. Must for everyone.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AnK said:

It will do exactly what it did last time 

buy govnt. some time to ramp up what they should have after witnessing the second wave in EU,America,Russia 

but it obviously can’t be a lockdown of that scale 

mostly a curb on public gatherings & crowd control

We don't have time. This was a week back, and it will have only 2000beds by mid-may or june, when Bombay is getting 15k cases everyday, even if 5% require hospitalisation, it will run out of beds in 3 days

Bruck Pharma, Mumbai police and Fadnavis in late night fracas. 

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/mumbai/bruck-pharma-mumbai-police-and-fadnavis-in-late-night-fracas-7278350/

So basically it goes like. 

- A pharma company making remdesiver was sitting on a stockpile of 50-60k vials after exports were banned. 

- Fadnavis and co approached him, got all the necessary permission since they can't sell locally.

- apparently this was communicated to the state FDA minister and they were to hand it over to CM.

- yesterday night the owner of the pharma company was threatened and picked up by the police and was released without charges only after Fadnavis and co intervened. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Bruck Pharma, Mumbai police and Fadnavis in late night fracas. 

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/mumbai/bruck-pharma-mumbai-police-and-fadnavis-in-late-night-fracas-7278350/

So basically it goes like. 

- A pharma company making remdesiver was sitting on a stockpile of 50-60k vials after exports were banned. 

- Fadnavis and co approached him, got all the necessary permission since they can't sell locally.

- apparently this was communicated to the state FDA minister and they were to hand it over to CM.

- yesterday night the owner of the pharma company was threatened and picked up by the police and was released without charges only after Fadnavis and co intervened.