The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Too much freedom leads to tyranny. 

I suspect usa as a nation would cease to exist in some decades. Democratic states are relatively new in the history of political organisations. 

Benevolent monarchical form of governments have lasted the longest. 

Correct, this all will come to full-circle.

We will go back to Tribes system, where a group of people with common tenets will govern themselves the way they seem fit.

Monarchies have done a lot better, though they haven't been tested against modern challenges

But UAE shows that its possible.

I was reading about an Indian doctor who lost his life fighting Covid as frontline worker, the next day his wife in Mumbai got call from mone other than Mohammad Bin Zayed, who condoled the death and offered her opportunity to relocate to UAE.

Even this stuff, democracy can do better, but it doesn't.

28 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

The virus has now reached smaller towns and villages. The situation might get devastating in those areas if it is not controlled fast. 

Not even a surprise.

I had to go out for a bit today and saw absolutely hordes of people out, half of them weren't even wearing masks. 

I could just see through their gait that how confident they were about being mask-less. 

I ran the fook back to home.

It's almost a platitude talking about these things now. It's inevitable.

• Sad 1

I am in Pune from last couple of weeks, holed up in a hotel. There have been at least 3 marriages here since I came in.

Life has to go on, we can’t be in lockdown forever, but all is needed that people should look like they are responsible.

So Kerala is olocking 12k-15k cases per day and then they go ahead relaxing lockdown norms for Eid.

In March, Uttarakhand hosted Kumbh and drew a lot flak(and rightly so) but the peak they was 8k. Here, it's inconsistently 10k per day when other states have gone sub-100, and noone would even talk, cuz it's communist govt. Lol.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Right said:

So Kerala is olocking 12k-15k cases per day and then they go ahead relaxing lockdown norms for Eid.

In March, Uttarakhand hosted Kumbh and drew a lot flak(and rightly so) but the peak they was 8k. Here, it's inconsistently 10k per day when other states have gone sub-100, and noone would even talk, cuz it's communist govt. Lol.

Lockdowns should not be eased for any festivals now atleast. The pace of vaccinations have slowed down and people are moving around in thousands, thinking their God mode is on. 

Another wave is just around the corner. Vaccinations should increase. 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

^^What is he trying to imply with B.) 

I didn’t get it 

That usa is yet to achieve herd immunity as their vaccination efforts have plateued

If USA is not able to achieve Vax targets, how would india do the same I wonder. 

Yeah it’s kinda sad 

even when you see Fauci’s face while interviewing you see frustration

We finally have an effective means of evading/shortening the full length & waves of this pandemic but because of politics & moronity we are not able to 

Just yesterday I met an elderly gentleman maybe about my father’s age & he was saying the exact same thing I was saying during the second delta wave of India 

Why didn’t the government priorities on vaccinating the 5-6 densely packed metros at the earliest. 

Not only it would have helped the country from withstanding the financial impact of the pandemic but also scientifically it is proven that more densely packed cluster of populations are a breeding ground for more variants & mutations 

Also it is these cities that lead the peak & then spread the mutations further down the sub urban & rural parts of the country 

But no,vote bank & rural ego first

Just now, AnK said:

Yeah it’s kinda sad 

even when you see Fauci’s face while interviewing you see frustration

We finally have an effective means of evading/shortening the full length & waves of this pandemic but because of politics & moronity we are not able to 

Just yesterday I met an elderly gentleman maybe about my father’s age & he was saying the exact same thing I was saying during the second delta wave of India 

Why didn’t the government priorities on vaccinating the 5-6 densely packed metros at the earliest. 

Not only it would have helped the country from withstanding the financial impact of the pandemic but also scientifically it is proven that more densely packed cluster of populations are a breeding ground for more variants & mutations 

Also it is these cities that lead the peak & then spread the mutations further down the sub urban & rural parts of the country 

I guess a mini global lockdown would happen again. Improper Vax efforts might lead to the virus mutating and escaping immuno response. 

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

Well, that's how it is.

On 7/8/2021 at 4:57 PM, Big Boss said:

My colleague went for Manali Ladakh trip. He is going to cycle to Ladakh. :loco:

This guy's health detiorated in Ladakh due to cycling as oxygen is less at higher altitude. Was supposed to come back last week but hasn't arrived yet. f**king diabolical.