The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

8 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I'm not gonna repeat again. I was informed by my brother staying there in Australia Melbourne.

His info checked out that after 2 month ban astrazeneca was rereleased by the aussie govt.

Here is the article about the ban that was placed in april

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ndtv.com/world-news/australia-halts-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-for-under-50s-over-blood-clot-concerns-2409175%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off

Then recently their govt was rolling it out again by saying now astrazeneca doesn't cause blood clots.

This is an important matter as many indians are taking vaccines and behaving like corona is gone. And they need to fly to countries outside where some only demand entry for astrazeneca users.

If your astrazeneca can't cover latest mutations but cause blood clots and other side effects then taking 2 jabs is risky especially since you will take another few jabs of any updates that cover other mutations.

Is your body ready to take so many vaccines which lets face it are in BETA stages at most.

2 more aussies died taking the current astrazeneca also. And our govt and media are not releasing any fatalities or severe effects faced by citizens taking the astra zeneca jabs.

Pfizer is less contraversial still our country is forcing us to take astrazeneca. Even with Pfizer having good presence in india i find that strange.

So it's natural for citizens to ask for accurate information on the medication you are taking instead of taking it blindly.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Don't take any vaccine. Chill, you'll be safe then.

Pfizer is non existent in India & hasn’t been permitted or imported yet 

AstraZeneca vaccine is the same world over & there has been no upgrade whatsoever on either risks or benefits 

It was banned in a lot of countries yes 

but after more & more data was made available the ban was lifted world over 

If it gets any sort of upgrade it will reflect on the Indian version too as it’s a patent contract between Serum Institute & AstraZeneca

Right now for us Indians it’s very important to get vaccinated with either of the vaccines available here as the risks far outweighs the benefits 

So don’t listen to uncertified sources & only follow what IMA & WHO are suggesting 

Pfizer is non existent in India & hasn’t been permitted or imported yet 

AstraZeneca vaccine is the same world over & there has been no upgrade whatsoever on either risks or benefits 

It was banned in a lot of countries yes 
but after more & more data was made available the ban was lifted world over 

If it gets any sort of upgrade it will reflect on the Indian version too as it’s a patent contract between Serum Institute & AstraZeneca

Right now for us Indians it’s very important to get vaccinated with either of the vaccines available here as the risks far outweighs the benefits 
So don’t listen to uncertified sources & only follow what IMA & WHO are suggesting 
Pfizer as a company is here operational in india. My friend worked there a few years back.

So idk why india is not allowing them to provide the more stable covid vaccine here in india.

Here is the info on all the astrazeneca hazards that are faced in Australia

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.9news.com.au/article/7605e3d5-29fc-4408-9638-b08b2ccca39f

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-57549796.amp

To anyone who thinks who is more informed about my well being then don't freakin reply.

Not all of us have the leisure of just taking a jab. Because of my eye condition leading to poor vision i can't just go in there like a goofball and take a astra zeneca jab. If it leads to blood clots on my ocular nerves then I'm fukin screwed.

Not everyone even has a easy normal life. I came here thinking I'd get sane advice from educated professionals. But here also people behave like childish gamers flaumting their skills and senselessly making fun of others without knowing their suffering.

I was talking about Pfizer the vaccine & not the company 

No one has any remote idea about how or when it might land here 

AstraZeneca has had clotting issues but only minor with less then 1 in millions leading to severe clotting 

If you have a pre-condition that increases risk then it’s better you consult your trusted doctor before taking any vaccine 

& if someone suggests you should go for any other available vaccine 

But generalising your personal concerns/fear isn’t right IMO 

Millions are taking the vaccine each day & as seen in the European pandemic graph,most of the countries that started vaccination with AstraZeneca are witnessing a decline in hospitalisations & deaths 

It’s an effective way of saving yourself & your loved ones from this ongoing pandemic which has a 3 in 100 chance of death 

5 deaths out of 5.5 million doses. Chance in a million. For your sake and everyone else's, just stop this needless worrying and fear mongering. 
You make it sound like I'm worrying alone. Don't just read the post and comment desperately. Read the BBC link countless Australians are cancelling the astrazeneca jab.

And secondly i did not even once say to anyone don't take AstraZeneca.

I'm worried about my eye condition and just wanted to know if the new batch of updated astra zeneca was out so i could look into taking the jab. But thanks to some people creating a argument out of basic information seeking i did get that this astrazeneca is causing even more of the same issues right now in Australia. So as per my condition not your nor anyone elses i will keep on seeking updates on the matter than risking taking the jab and having it reacting with my eye condition.

Lol.

This guy went from claiming that AZ has a new variant which doesn't cause blood clots and protects better against Delta variant to straight up disapproving the vaccine.

But Australia se khabar aai hai, shi hi hogi. Hum Delhi walo ko toh bolne ki aadat hai.

6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

I'm not gonna repeat again. I was informed by my brother staying there in Australia Melbourne.

Then recently their govt was rolling it out again by saying now astrazeneca doesn't cause blood clots.

So it's natural for citizens to ask for accurate information on the medication you are taking instead of taking it blindly.

I would love to believe what your brother is saying but can you/him please share any link to a medical journal/news paper which clearly says that a new version of Astra Zeneca is being used there now with less clotting and more effectiveness for Delta .

If something sounds too good to be true then it ain't .

There has been no reports of a new version of AZ vaccine whatsoever . So really don't know where your brother is getting that info from .

Yes Australian government had ban AZ vaccine like European countries had done earlier . But after receiving more data they started using it again (1 death in a million people jabbed ) 

It's the same version which is being given now as well . 

I think the local government body in your brother's place just made this thing up so as to remove vaccine hesitancy amongst the people there . And the unsuspecting innocents started believing that.  

Just now, Krazyniks said:

I would love to believe what your brother is saying but can you/him please share any link to a medical journal/news paper which clearly says that a new version of Astra Zeneca is being used there now with less clotting and more effectiveness for Delta .

If something sounds too good to be true then it ain't .

There has been no reports of a new version of AZ vaccine whatsoever . So really don't know where your brother is getting that info from .

Yes Australian government had ban AZ vaccine like European countries had done earlier . But after receiving more data they started using it again (1 death in a million people jabbed ) 

It's the same version which is being given now as well . 

I think the local government body in your brother's place just made this thing up so as to remove vaccine hesitancy amongst the people there . And the unsuspecting innocents started believing that.  

I'm sure any such modifications would be rolled out globally. This isn't Nintendo's gaming console, that will get rolled out silently, phasing out the older model. 

7 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

My source is reliable as well. If he has the knowledge, expertise and other refined sh*t and behaves like a arrogant douche along with another Delhi mate in you bringing up TV thread references in the matter of a serious awareness issue then your arses need to STFU.

I'm sorry, but your source is an idiot. And he/she is a dangerous idiot since he/she is clearly misinformed (with the power of Google), and has the power to influence others because... Australia is special ? With the kind of deep sh*t we are in right now, the last thing we need is misinformation. 

Please don't compare vaccine changes to electronic manufacturing. They can't be "tweaked" in a day as per any country's whim to change their baseline properties. It's a f**king vaccine, with either live or attenuated virus or genetic material from one of its segments, going inside your body, causing immunological changes, about which we only know to an extent. Any vaccine or drug will obviously come with certain side effects, some are known, some will only be known after a long time has passed. 

The chance of clotting with current AZ variant is miniscule. Please go through the AEs for most of the usual vaccines given to children. Might give you nightmares ! Yet we have an expanded program of immunization, and it is essential to immunize everyone to create herd immunity and save kids from fatal infections. It's a chance we take because the rewards are much much higher than risks. 

You've a MUCH higher chance of dying due to coagulation disorders with COVID than with the vaccine. This has been said time and again. 

If you've an eye issue, check with your opthal. Get a clearance, get a vaccine.

Don't be an pseudo-educated idiot. 

And FFS, stop worrying so much. We are all in it together. 

• Like 4

Improve Google-fu (and check official country stance)

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/learn-about-covid-19-vaccines/about-the-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine#:~:text=The vaccines currently used in,combination with thrombocytopenia%2C or TTS.

The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) recommends the COVID-19 vaccine by Pfizer (Comirnaty) is preferred in adults aged under 60 years. In people 60 years and over, ATAGI continue to advise that the benefits of vaccination with the AstraZeneca vaccine outweigh the risks associated with vaccination.

This recommendation is based on:

the increasing risk of severe outcomes from COVID-19 in older adults (and hence a higher benefit from vaccination), and

the increased risk of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia following AstraZeneca vaccine in those under 60 years.

There appears to be a small risk of TTS in people 60 years and over, but this risk appears to be lower than in younger people. Cases overseas have been reported at all ages.

If you are under 60 years of age and have already had your first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, and did not experience abnormal side effects, ATAGI recommends you still receive your second AstraZeneca dose. This will provide you with greater coverage against severe illness from COVID-19.

So, nope, "Australia" doesn't say the vaccine is free of clotting issues. 

And wrt two fatalities observed in Australia post vaccination, it's two out of 6 million doses. In contrast, officially, >10k Australians have died on a total 650k infections in the country. 

Do a simple risk analysis. 

• Like 1

Pfizer is less contraversial still our country is forcing us to take astrazeneca. Even with Pfizer having good presence in india i find that strange.

Understand that these news that you see are more of a function of political landscape than science. AZ is primarily a British company (technically British-Swedish), and EU wants to get back to Britain for getting out of the accord. 

US pharma companies have their own vested interests, and want to increase their reach (money, plus tons of political clout for US). 

Hence you'll keep listening sh*t about AZ, but accolades about Pfizer/JnJ/Moderna. 

Of course, due to biological differences, they'll acr differently and have differential activity on immune response, including different safety profile, but no vaccine is foolproof. 

You can still get side effects, you can still get COVID, you can still die, with any jab. 

But ALL of the vaccines improve your chances of surviving COVID with dual shots. 

So, consult your opthal. Get a clearance. Get a vaccination. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Banz said:

Would be very helpful if you could that.

I am really sorry bro. There is no response from the telegram groups i have joined. Hope you had some luck getting it finally? Normally the hospital should arrange it for you. There was some rule passed to that effect. Mandatory for them to do it. 

• Like 1