The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Pretty common actually. Almost all financial companies do this if you have their app on the phone (you obviously have agreed to the 30-40 page terms/conditions). I interned at a data analytics company and was working with the team that used to analyze financial data. Almost all the clients were tracking sms/emails to create a customer profile so that customized rates and offers could be extended. 

Cred already does that.

Navi seems to have gone too far.

4 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Pretty common actually. Almost all financial companies do this if you have their app on the phone (you obviously have agreed to the 30-40 page terms/conditions). I interned at a data analytics company and was working with the team that used to analyze financial data. Almost all the clients were tracking sms/emails to create a customer profile so that customized rates and offers could be extended. 

I think the bigger question is pinging someone else in your contact list if one defaults on their loan. That's pretty crazy tbh. It a huge divulgence of personal information. 

3 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Cred already does that.

Navi seems to have gone too far.

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think the bigger question is pinging someone else in your contact list if one defaults on their loan. That's pretty crazy tbh. It a huge divulgence of personal information. 

Agreed. That is taking it too far. But I guess with all the financial companies gradual shift to digital including the big older players all this is going to be inevitable in the long run. Basically if you own a smartphone - forget privacy.  

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Agreed. That is taking it too far. But I guess with all the financial companies gradual shift to digital including the big older players all this is going to be inevitable in the long run. Basically if you own a smartphone - forget privacy.  

It's probably illegal as f**k though. 

4 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Actually, this level of surveillance might even be justified and essential.

Because people who are gonna borrow from these apps will be the ones who weren't able to credit from anywhere else.

Shady credit and spending history.

That contact thing is what gives me the creeps, that's basically a form of doxing.

• Like 1

@KnackChap

Can we have a bookmarked comment on this thread that tells that whatever is being discussed in this thread is not investment advice etc etc.   Looks like people are taking comments and discussions seriously to an extent of needless name calling.

9 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

@KnackChap

Can we have a bookmarked comment on this thread that tells that whatever is being discussed in this thread is not investment advice etc etc.   Looks like people are taking comments and discussions seriously to an extent of needless name calling.

First post of the thread says so.

13 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Then that can be bookmarked so it shows up in all pages

Honestly, if someone is taking the posts on this thread as sure shot, investment advice then it's their problem.

4 hours ago, Pacifier said:

@KnackChap

Done. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Im at cost to cost on hikal. Can't make up whether to hold or square off. 

I am holding. Has recovered quite a bit.

Won't sell until some major developments come into play.

Then again, my position has quite a margin of safety.

2 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

HDFC Sold all of it. why buy it in first place tough . 

Still not buying it . Paytm does not have any strong MOAT. Or does it? 

Wait for BharatPe's IPO. :rofl:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

HDFC Sold all of it. why buy it in first place tough . 

Still not buying it . Paytm does not have any strong MOAT. Or does it? 

I think it does but that doesn't matter since it is making losses consistently. Maybe after 3-4 years it would be good. 

Confession: I added some at the bottom thinking of a quick short term gain :fear1: now the dip dipping :fear1: Although, I almost never buy something I am not confident of and always thought paytm is a weak stock, still thought it could make some quick money. Guess it sucks for that too! 

3 minutes ago, dante77 said:

I think it does but that doesn't matter since it is making losses consistently. Maybe after 3-4 years it would be good. 

Confession: I added some at the bottom thinking of a quick short term gain :fear1: now the dip dipping :fear1: Although, I almost never buy something I am not confident of and always thought paytm is a weak stock, still thought it could make some quick money. Guess it sucks for that too! 

What MOAT though ? (Trying to understand here) . Because everything it does from booking to upi there are 100's of apps that does that.
Only single thing i can think of is everything is under one single app. nothing else.

Also never buy constant dipping stock unless you know charts and its near support ( I know zero things about charts hence i never double dip on sinking stocks )