How to game on a small budget ?

rpalpha

I wanted to buy a old console since GPU are getting so expensive, but console games themselves are expensive and I earn less. I dont mind waiting for those AAA titiles for 1-2 years but spending 2k on a game is expensive for me.

Any tricks would really be helpful. I was gunning for a playstation as theur exclusives are great.

I don't want to pirate and live a genuine gamer life.

Maybe if there is a way to rent games since I go through them pretty soon.

Edited by rpalpha

You should be able to find most of the used PS4 games for cheap.

You can also buy -> play -> sell it off and recover the money to use it on another game. 

If you have any friend who is willing to share is library or willing to split-cost for games is also nice way to reduce the cost. 

For PC, can always build medium settings 1080p machine and get GamePass or buy stuff during sales from various stores and free games. 

Some of the older games i.e 3-4 years old, don’t lose their value much, I have had bought some games for 700 rupees and sold them back for 550-600, costing about 100-150 rupees per game in transactions. There is a huge library of PS4 or Xbox games…Xbox even has backwards compatibility so, you can play all the older games on it. Should keep you busy for at least 2 years. If your financial situation changes by then, you can opt for the latest games. I did the same thing with PS3 back when I was a fresher.

Also, you can be a part of IVG library if you meet the criteria and lend or borrow games. One of the best way to save money and play latest games. 

Edited by him2anshu

11 hours ago, rpalpha said:

I wanted to buy a old console since GPU are getting so expensive, but console games themselves are expensive and I earn less. I dont mind waiting for those AAA titiles for 1-2 years but spending 2k on a game is expensive for me.

Any tricks would really be helpful. I was gunning for a playstation as theur exclusives are great.

Buy > Play > Sell is the best way too go. Old PS4 titles like 2 years old always cost less than 1000 and can be easily resold. I have played multiple games for 100-200 and some even free doing this. 

10 hours ago, dante77 said:

Use websites like Gamenation or Gameloot to buy used games and then sell it on the same platform.

You can also use our trading post section to buy and sell games.

Using this strategy should cost you around 300-600 per game which is quite good.

Gamelloot seems interesting, do they give less price than they are showing based on condition when they recieve the game or is it fixed ?

Gamelloot seems interesting, do they give less price than they are showing based on condition when they recieve the game or is it fixed ?
No. If game is in working condition then they will give you the same amount as mentioned in their sell amount or sell credit. If you have lot of games to play then you should go with their credit system as gives more return value.

14 hours ago, rpalpha said:

Buy xbox one x either new or used your choice, I'd prefer new, then use the 3 year of Xbox live gold to 3 years of game pass ultimate method so that you get 3 years worth of game pass ultimate, that way you not only get shitload of games for 3 years on the console but in future if you get a PC your membership is valid for PC as well. 3 years of live gold will cost you 12k max, so for price of 3 games you are getting lakh worth of games for 3 years, though after the membership expires you won't be able to play them as they only work till you are subscribed to game pass.

You will have to make a one time investment in either a PC or console. There is no way around that. But once that's done, on PC you have gamepass and steam sales. On console, you have Gamepass for Xbox. On PlayStation, you only buy physical. Then sell after playing.
If one time investment isn't affordable, then there are free streaming options like GeForce Now and some local Indian option. You only need normal PC even if its integrated graphics.

Bro the best place for budget games is here only,IVG trading section.

Gameloot is also a go to place for used games but if compared to IVG it has slightly higher price range. IVG beats them bcs we are a

community,its not about profit here.

You can purchase from trading section and sell it here on the same price,or may be 100 bucks less.

You can easily get to play top AAA titles in just 100 to 150 rupees.

I'd go for gameloot when i really want to play a specific title but its not available here.

4 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

Bro the best place for budget games is here only,IVG trading section.

Gameloot is also a go to place for used games but if compared to IVG it has slightly higher price range. IVG beats them bcs we are a

community,its not about profit here.

You can purchase from trading section and sell it here on the same price,or may be 100 bucks less.

You can easily get to play top AAA titles in just 100 to 150 rupees.

I'd go for gameloot when i really want to play a specific title but its not available here.

THe only gripe I have is shipping while selling stuff ? You have any advice on shipping items and preferred couriers ??

4 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

You will have to make a one time investment in either a PC or console. There is no way around that. But once that's done, on PC you have gamepass and steam sales. On console, you have Gamepass for Xbox. On PlayStation, you only buy physical. Then sell after playing.
If one time investment isn't affordable, then there are free streaming options like GeForce Now and some local Indian option. You only need normal PC even if its integrated graphics.

I want a playstation just for their exclusives, already have milked my intel iris graphics to death

12 minutes ago, rpalpha said:

I want a playstation just for their exclusives, already have milked my intel iris graphics to death

Get PS Now subscription ( you will need to create a US PSN account for that) it has a lot of the last gen PS exclusives in its library and is good value for money .3 months membership costs 25$ USD . or you can go for 12 month membership for 60$ . 

16 minutes ago, rpalpha said:

Does gameloot buys back a repaired console they sole ?? The descriptions says the seal should be intact.

Why would you need to get the console repaired ? If Gameloot doesn't buy it back you can sell it locally through OLX as well .

15 minutes ago, rpalpha said:

THe only gripe I have is shipping while selling stuff ? You have any advice on shipping items and preferred couriers ??

It will cost you 100-120 per game when you use normal couriers like Delhivery , DTDC .

29 minutes ago, rpalpha said:

India post is the best.its cheaper than anyone,it cover every corner of the country.

About a half a year ago I had face this problem, my society was situated on little outskirts ,private courier companies denied to deliver to my area,but its only india post who reaches everywhere.

For packaging stuff,u shud go check out trading section's thread about how to pack.They cover up everything there

10 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Why would you need to get the console repaired ? If Gameloot doesn't buy it back you can sell it locally through OLX as well .

Gameloot sells console which are repaired by them and they mention it in title also, I only had the doubt will they buy back the console later on as it was repaired and sold by them only.

2 minutes ago, rpalpha said:

Gameloot sells console which are repaired by them and they mention it in title also, I only had the doubt will they buy back the console later on as it was repaired and sold by them only.

Not all consoles sold are "repaired" .

They specifically mention in the title if it's " "repaired and pre-owned "

or only " pre-owned" . Buy pre-owned one to avoid doubts. Gameloot and Gamenation are genuine websites to shop from .. 

You can even use the forum sales section. The prices don't fluctuate much and a lot of games cycle through. Just buy it when it comes, play it and sell it off. The net amt u paid will be the shipping cost. If u can't find what u want in the FS section then open a WTB thread.