Jump to content

The Automobile Thread


Chaztin
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/6/2021 at 3:37 PM, i_rock098 said:

So it's finally here. Want to thank all the members who helped me decide which model to buy.

Coming from Maruti 800 & Tata Nano this car feels very intimating yet friendly at the same time. Still getting used to the spacious interiors inside and all the gadgets and gizmos that the car has. Not used to it at all. Also the engine is so silent I sometimes feel like I am not sure if the engine is on or off. Also the power is way too much for us at the moment coming from 800 & Nano. Being very careful at the moment in terms of driving. Hopefully it will get used to soon.

Gear change, clutch pressing, acceleration, movement everything feels really smooth like butter. In the Maruti 800 the gear changes felt like I was changing a gear inside a truck. ba11334d8a3df0e521c237463700e34e.jpg664692f20eb522188501ff5ce4b7dbe1.jpg

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk
 

Congrats bro. Looks great!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 1:01 PM, harsh1387 said:

You can get something from DDpai or 70mai. Both are good. Check Amazon for their various models as per your need. If you park your car under sun a lot then go for DDpai as it has a capacitor. 

Thank you I finally purchased 70mai A500S Pro Plus+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am planning to sell my Thunderbird 350 2016 model which has hardly a running of >15k kilometers and purchase a electric scooter.

 

1. What is the right price I can expect from Thunderbird?

2. Which electric scooter? I know only two brands because of lack of knowledge Ola and Ather

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys !

 

What to look for when buying a 2nd hand car ? I need a 6 seater, and was initially going for XL6, but thinking of upping the budget by a bit and getting a Crysta (2017 or 2018 model). 

I see options on almost all sites, but how to ensure I am not conned ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Hey guys !

 

What to look for when buying a 2nd hand car ? I need a 6 seater, and was initially going for XL6, but thinking of upping the budget by a bit and getting a Crysta (2017 or 2018 model). 

I see options on almost all sites, but how to ensure I am not conned ?

 

You can checkout teambhp classifieds. I’m not sure, but some genuine deals might be there.

 

In olx, the description given by genuine owners will be quite different from the usual resellers. Usually resellers will have the same description in all their ads. You can apply some filters such as odometer reading, no. of owners, no. of years etc to narrow down the list. If you have the budget, you can also apply filter to see some like new cars (1-1.5 year old) at good rates. 
 

Or if you have the budget and time,  wait for Kia to launch their new MPV next month. Will be priced competitively.

 

If you’re looking for Innova AT, go for the pre-facelift 2.8AT. Engine is too good. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Root said:

2. Which electric scooter? I know only two brands because of lack of knowledge Ola and Ather

Ather is the best you can get in the market right now.
But it's not worth it for the price you are paying.

They have subscription plans for connectivity [Google Maps, Dashboard OTA, etc] and service.
I can understand the service part but imagine paying extra for Maps after paying ~1.5L for the scooter.
Ola and Simple Energy promise they won't have any plans like this

I would suggest you to wait till Q3-Q4 2022 personally. Ola doesn't look that good in Autocar's testing video and Simple Energy's last proper update on their scooter is on August :ko:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Root said:

I am planning to sell my Thunderbird 350 2016 model which has hardly a running of >15k kilometers and purchase a electric scooter.

 

1. What is the right price I can expect from Thunderbird?

......

 

I sold my Thunderbird thinking it too cumbersome a bike (maintenance etc)...went to Activa but it didn't feel right. Now am back to Bullet 500. Your requirements may be different but consider all aspects before selling. Also the price you'll get is less than half of what you paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Hey guys !

 

What to look for when buying a 2nd hand car ? I need a 6 seater, and was initially going for XL6, but thinking of upping the budget by a bit and getting a Crysta (2017 or 2018 model). 

I see options on almost all sites, but how to ensure I am not conned ?

 

Always take a trained mechanic with you when you go and inspect the car. It can be a trusted individual you know or any trusted agency personal. Do not, I repeat do not take what the seller says about the vehicle and no matter how "mint" it looks. Check the service paperwork and also most of the manufactures have service details of a vehicle retrievable from their app. I have bought around 7-8 second hand vehicles(not just for me, for relatives as well) and never had an issue so far except Chinese tires on a Figo. 

 

And on the topic of inspection, I luckily escaped from getting a E-class for my cousin because everything looked pristine but the vehicle has water damage inside as in flooded. So a trained eye is a must. Also Creta is miles better than XL6 but does it have a six seater model? unless you meant Alcazar.

Edited by b!T
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, b!T said:

 

Always take a trained mechanic with you when you go and inspect the car. It can be a trusted individual you know or any trusted agency personal. Do not, I repeat do not take what the seller says about the vehicle and no matter how "mint" it looks. Check the service paperwork and also most of the manufactures have service details of a vehicle retrievable from their app. I have bought around 7-8 second hand vehicles(not just for me, for relatives as well) and never had an issue so far except Chinese tires on a Figo. 

 

And on the topic of inspection, I luckily escaped from getting a E-class for my cousin because everything looked pristine but the vehicle has water damage inside as in flooded. So a trained eye is a must. Also Creta is miles better than XL6 but does it have a six seater model? unless you meant Alcazar.

 

Thanks ! 

 

Also i mentioned Crysta (Innova), not Creta. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Hey guys !

 

What to look for when buying a 2nd hand car ? I need a 6 seater, and was initially going for XL6, but thinking of upping the budget by a bit and getting a Crysta (2017 or 2018 model). 

I see options on almost all sites, but how to ensure I am not conned ?


https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-buy-used-car-india-0#p1

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 9:41 AM, blitzkreiig said:

 

I sold my Thunderbird thinking it too cumbersome a bike (maintenance etc)...went to Activa but it didn't feel right. Now am back to Bullet 500. Your requirements may be different but consider all aspects before selling. Also the price you'll get is less than half of what you paid.

 

Cumbersome - is one reason I want to sell off thunderbird and get a simple scooter. What was your issue with Activa? That was my next bet after electrics

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Root said:

 

Cumbersome - is one reason I want to sell off thunderbird and get a simple scooter. What was your issue with Activa? That was my next bet after electrics

 

 It feels plastic, like a toy. Tyres being too small every bump/pothole has to be navigated carefully. And the brakes don't give any confidence that it'll actually stop in an emergency. Wife drives it now and i still use it for simple errands within colony. For me it's not for actual roads. Again your requirements may be different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, blitzkreiig said:

 

 It feels plastic, like a toy. Tyres being too small every bump/pothole has to be navigated carefully. And the brakes don't give any confidence that it'll actually stop in an emergency. Wife drives it now and i still use it for simple errands within colony. For me it's not for actual roads. Again your requirements may be different.

Instead which scooter would you recommend? I want something my wife can also drive,.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...