The Steam Deck/ROG Ally/Legion Go thread

ZooZoo

2 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Anyone knows where to get the Jsaux case for the Ally in India? They stopped shipping to India and amazon India only has SteamDeck cases from jsaux there. Spigen case looks like best second option but it doesnt have space for powerbank like jsaux.

Case is not easily available. Just get the 3d printed grips like I did. Makes a world of difference. 

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Case is not easily available. Just get the 3d printed grips like I did. Makes a world of difference. 

which one you got? amazon ones have 3 star or less ratings.

2 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

which one you got? amazon ones have 3 star or less ratings.

I purchased the STL file and got it printed using a3dxyz. Let me know if you want it - can share the STL file with you. 

Printing should cost like 500 bucks tops. 

2 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

I purchased the STL file and got it printed using a3dxyz. Let me know if you want it - can share the STL file with you. 

Printing should cost like 500 bucks tops. 

DM me. Also can you dm few pics of this 3d printed case you got?

• 1 month later...

So update on ROG Ally, the SD Card issue still persists, my sd card reader failed within 2 weeks. Raised an RMA, which is where the roller coaster right starts. Within 1 day of request, a technician from Asus came for door step repair, checked and made few videos so that they can order a replacement motherboard (so far so good). 3 days later, a different technician came with new motherboard and started the repair process at home. The way he was manhandling the wires and connectors inside the device was scary and rightly so, he was not able to get the device to boot after replacing the motherboard. He blamed the charger for this. I showed him that charger is working by plugging it in my laptop and phone. He didnt even clean the old thermal paste while applying new one and randomly dropped a blob of thermal paste over existing one. He even managed to drop it at multiple places on montherboard and didnt even bother to clean it properly even after i told him it might be risky. Surprise Surprise, the new motherboard went dead and he had to plug in the old motherboard again. Took him 5 tried to get the device to boot but then while closing the device roughly, he managed to break one of the fans and the right analog stick. Then again, Idiot went on to blame the device, said that screws were loose from factory itself and he just tightened them up which caused analog stick to get stuck. Doing all this bullshit, he wasted my 4 hours. I was pissed and asked him to just leave and then complained to Asus for this whole shebang.

Had to complain on twitter as well to get the wheels moving. Someone from Asus QA team called and started telling me how this device is not supposed to be repaired at home. I was like, duh, it was your team which sent the technician, i never insisted on home repair. Then he apologized for whole thing arranged a pickup for the device next day. Took them about 2 weeks at service center to revive my device and fix it but one more bad experience was pending. After repairs were done, one of their technician called and told that everything is fixed but he needs to login to windows to verify thus asked me my password. I was like, WTF, my microsoft account is logged in to the device so all my mails can be accessed, there is no way anyone will share such sensitive details. I asked him why doesnt he wipe the device to factory settings and then check if everything is working since that is the standard procedure in repairs/RMA. His reasoning was that it will take more time for him to reset and then check thus asking password is faster. I told him he is not going to get it and he should go by standard procedure of reseting the device. Finally 2 days later I got my device which is working decent for now. This whole debacle wasted 4 weeks of time, dozens of emails and phone calls. Phew:chair:

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

So update on ROG Ally, the SD Card issue still persists, my sd card reader failed within 2 weeks. Raised an RMA, which is where the roller coaster right starts. Within 1 day of request, a technician from Asus came for door step repair, checked and made few videos so that they can order a replacement motherboard (so far so good). 3 days later, a different technician came with new motherboard and started the repair process at home. The way he was manhandling the wires and connectors inside the device was scary and rightly so, he was not able to get the device to boot after replacing the motherboard. He blamed the charger for this. I showed him that charger is working by plugging it in my laptop and phone. He didnt even clean the old thermal paste while applying new one and randomly dropped a blob of thermal paste over existing one. He even managed to drop it at multiple places on montherboard and didnt even bother to clean it properly even after i told him it might be risky. Surprise Surprise, the new motherboard went dead and he had to plug in the old motherboard again. Took him 5 tried to get the device to boot but then while closing the device roughly, he managed to break one of the fans and the right analog stick. Then again, Idiot went on to blame the device, said that screws were loose from factory itself and he just tightened them up which caused analog stick to get stuck. Doing all this bullshit, he wasted my 4 hours. I was pissed and asked him to just leave and then complained to Asus for this whole shebang.

Had to complain on twitter as well to get the wheels moving. Someone from Asus QA team called and started telling me how this device is not supposed to be repaired at home. I was like, duh, it was your team which sent the technician, i never insisted on home repair. Then he apologized for whole thing arranged a pickup for the device next day. Took them about 2 weeks at service center to revive my device and fix it but one more bad experience was pending. After repairs were done, one of their technician called and told that everything is fixed but he needs to login to windows to verify thus asked me my password. I was like, WTF, my microsoft account is logged in to the device so all my mails can be accessed, there is no way anyone will share such sensitive details. I asked him why doesnt he wipe the device to factory settings and then check if everything is working since that is the standard procedure in repairs/RMA. His reasoning was that it will take more time for him to reset and then check thus asking password is faster. I told him he is not going to get it and he should go by standard procedure of reseting the device. Finally 2 days later I got my device which is working decent for now. This whole debacle wasted 4 weeks of time, dozens of emails and phone calls. Phew:chair:

Damn, I was this close to ordering the Ally today. Will hold on now :fear1:

2 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

The way he was manhandling the wires and connectors inside the device was scary and rightly so, he was not able to get the device to boot after replacing the motherboard. He blamed the charger for this. I showed him that charger is working by plugging it in my laptop and phone. He didnt even clean the old thermal paste while applying new one and randomly dropped a blob of thermal paste over existing one. He even managed to drop it at multiple places on montherboard and didnt even bother to clean it properly even after i told him it might be risky. Surprise Surprise, the new motherboard went dead and he had to plug in the old motherboard again. Took him 5 tried to get the device to boot but then while closing the device roughly, he managed to break one of the fans and the right analog stick. Then again, Idiot went on to blame the device, said that screws were loose from factory itself and he just tightened them up which caused analog stick to get stuck. Doing all this bullshit, he wasted my 4 hours. I was pissed and asked him to just leave and then complained to Asus for this whole shebang.

Just reading this irritates me. Who employs these people SMH

3 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

I stopped using the SD card on learning about the issue :D

On 1/25/2024 at 3:17 PM, ZooZoo said:

Thanks for sharing this. 

On 1/25/2024 at 3:17 PM, ZooZoo said:

f**k. How'd you maintain your composure. I would have stopped him at the manhandling of cables and asked him to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Legion Go is going to be released here? I want to buy Deck OLED but 60K is steep and LGo at (probably) 65-70K with way superior performance. 

Another option is pre-owned OG Deck at 30-35K which doesn't sound bad, but I'd prefer to get more performance.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Bought Steam Deck OLED 1TB. Any tips and tricks to get started?

iRmCeIs.jpeg

D5h4xvL.jpeg

Awesome buy.

hopefully you got a SD card and screen guard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

hopefully you got a SD card and screen guard

internal drive is 1TB out of which 930GB is usable which is massive. I’ll buy an SD card later if needed 

I have bought a screen guard but not applying for now as people are saying it takes away the etched glass anti-reflection effect

35 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

internal drive is 1TB out of which 930GB is usable which is massive. I’ll buy an SD card later if needed 

I have bought a screen guard but not applying for now as people are saying it takes away the etched glass anti-reflection effect

Upgrade the internal drive to 4 TB like i did :D and then add a 1 TB sdcard. 

19 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Bought Steam Deck OLED 1TB. Any tips and tricks to get started?

iRmCeIs.jpeg

D5h4xvL.jpeg

Where did you get it from? And damages please?

Was looking to get it until a month earlier and was in touch with an importer but the guy didn’t seem very interested in selling even though he apparently had it in stock. 

1 hour ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Where did you get it from? And damages please?

Was looking to get it until a month earlier and was in touch with an importer but the guy didn’t seem very interested in selling even though he apparently had it in stock. 

https://nekavo.com

bought from these folks