Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra

Heaven Angel

Skydance New Media, helmed by award-winning writer and director Amy Hennig, and Marvel Games today shared new details on their upcoming narrative-driven action-adventure game, Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra. A new trailer gives fans a sneak peek into an original story that takes players on a WWII-era adventure with an ensemble of four heroes playable at different points in the game. As the game’s narrative unfolds, players will assume the role of four central characters: a young Steve Rogers, AKA Captain America; Azzuri, T’Challa’s grandfather and the WWII-era Black Panther; Gabriel Jones, a U.S. soldier and member of the Howling Commandos; and Nanali, a Wakandan spy embedded in Occupied Paris.

First look at Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra director by Amy Hennig (creator of Uncharted)

- Narrative-driven action-adventure game
- An original story that takes players on a WWII-era adventure
- Young Steve Rogers & WWII-era Black Panther
- Unreal Engine 5.4
- Coming 2025

More details soon.. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra
8 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Too early to make a judgement.

The only standout for the game is the director Amy Henning. She has an unlucky streak since Uncharted 2 - Cancelled untitled Star Wars game (Visceral) and poor reception for Forspoken.

Drake's Deception was great and Forspoken had fine story concept and gameplay, it was the utter shallow graphics, dialogue and animation team which messed up the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heaven Angel said:

Drake's Deception was great and Forspoken had fine story concept and gameplay, it was the utter shallow graphics, dialogue and animation team which messed up the game. 

Uncharted 3 DD was Neil's vision. He said that he has redone most of the game from scratch and fired Amy during the process. 

4 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Uncharted 3 DD was Neil's vision. He said that he has redone most of the game from scratch and fired Amy during the process. 

How? She completed the game, she was the director and the lead writer, released in 2011. She left ND in 2014. 

She began working on The Thief's End but left in early stage. 

28 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Cancelled untitled Star Wars game (Visceral)

She didn't cancel, EA shut down Visceral games and in talks to move her to next project which she didn't wanted and left. Joined Skydance and here we are. 

6 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

How? She completed the game, she was the director and the lead writer, released in 2011. She left ND in 2014. 

She began working on The Thief's End but left in early stage. 

She didn't cancel, EA shut down Visceral games and in talks to move her to next project which she didn't wanted and left. Joined Skydance and here we are. 

My mistake. I mean UC4 not UC3.  Yeah regarding EA shut down. 

I have a feeling that this game will be a commercial flop no matter the reviews. The market is tired of the super hero trend. Should have been something original. 

3 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

My mistake. I mean UC4 not UC3.  Yeah regarding EA shut down. 

I have a feeling that this game will be a commercial flop no matter the reviews. The market is tired of the super hero trend. Should have been something original. 

This isn't a movie, I think market is done with the same old generic live service cash grab games that developer/publishers make by using these iconic names, people still haven't forgot about Avengers. 

Gamers crave for these characters to have a proper game about them. A proper story, unique gameplay styles, character buildup, adventure, artworks and much more.

If all goes well, this game will do wonderful in the market.

The story seems intriguing. 

7 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yup forspoken has a really good story and combat, game is fun. It just needed visual polish

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hazard12345 said:

the amy Henning version of UC4 is the one i wanted to experience 

Damn, it's still there PS official page? It seems more like a revenge story, opposite to what we got, bromance. Anyway, I liked the uc4 story and Drake got the closure what we wanted for him. Maybe a new protagonist in UE5 or a complete reboot. 

11 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Looks good to me but they barely showed anything

They just wanted to make the announcement on what they're working on right now as lots of speculations were going around. Amy wanted a make a big entry and she did. Showing UE5 power and that all is in-game is surprisingly good. 

12 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

This looks good. It’s a full SP experience right? 

Full SP so far. Maybe have a separate co-op mode because it would be amazing with the two juiced up superheroes. 

• Like 1