Rage

rad2689

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

physical copy didn't release here, you'll have to get it from steam or some 3rd party key selling site.

i'd honestly advise you to hold off on buying the game until ati sorts out it's driver mess. your system easily has enough juice to run the game, but ati users are having lots of problems right now because of their drivers.

i'd also advise you to actually go for a grey market cd key, something which i normally never do. simply because i don't believe this game will be worth 60$ when all is said and done (i'm about 40% through the game now). it's well made and very fun to play, but it's not good enough to make the 10-15 hour campaign alone worth the asking price. you can get the game for about 35$ if you check out some of the cd key selling sites, and it registers to steam anyway so i'd recommend that.

and when do you think it will be available in india?

it won't release here (the pc version that is) unless someone imports it.

the wingstick is actually quite awesome to play with. great for tight spots as it's a one hit kill on a headshot, which depends on your aim.

Went all the way to the store before i decided to skip this one, and preorder batman: AC. I think what basically changed my mind was every reviewer citing lack of compelling story as a major flaw.

I'll be waiting for your copies on tp.

Just played the 360 version for an hour without install, holy batman the popup are incredible, like in your face, consistently at same place. The first area where you exit your capsule and enter wasteland, when you look at the wall on the left the whole area (wall, floor, railing etc) literally forms in front of your eyes. Turn right, then turn left again and same thing happens, again and again. I don't think it is meant to be played off the dvd disk..

Went all the way to the store before i decided to skip this one, and preorder batman: AC. I think what basically changed my mind was every reviewer citing lack of compelling story as a major flaw.

I'll be waiting for your copies on tp.

if you're looking for a story in an id software game then you're doing it wrong.

id software is about gunplay and rage absolutely nails it. it singlehandedly redeems every other flaw that the game has.

RAGE PC – First Patch Is Out

Here is the entire changelog

-Implemented workaround for AMD driver crash right after intro cinematic on

Win 7 32-bit systems.

- Disabled UBOs because they are causing animation issues with AMD drivers.

- Don’t allow swap-tear to be enabled on AMD while the extension is not exposed because it may crash.

- Support for new video settings: “texture cache”, “vsync” and “anisotropic filter”

- Automatically adjust vt_maxPPF based on the number of available cores.

- Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled.

- Fix for GPU Transcoding option being disabled after exiting gameplay.

- Added safe mode to restore video settings to default values.

- Allow g_fov to be changed from the RAGE launch options in Steam.

- Server now forwards text chat from clients to all other clients while

in-game.

src:dsogaming

STeam

I think what basically changed my mind was every reviewer citing lack of compelling story as a major flaw.

Looking for story in any FPS and 90% of the games out there will make you skip games. You think Batman AC will have a compelling story? Batman AA had a fairly simple story, I stopped caring about story after 50% of the game. Same thing will happen to AC. It will be an awesome game, much better than Rage, but story will be underwhelming.

Archived