Gaming PCs

AtheK

Whoever is planning to take PC's or peripherals...take them NOW...prices are going to go up...I mean look at the RAM prices now...almost double of what they were 6 months ago.

Edited by killroy

Thanks for the inputs Phoneix and Afty.. Gonna work on the rig now..

Phoneix -- Thats nearly 20k.. WOuld that let me run the current gen games? I dont want any eye candy and stuff. I just wanna play some of the newer RTS ( god i miss that genre) and maybe some of the upcoming PC exclusives like Diablo..

Killroy -- What kinda increments in price are we expecting?

Edited by Madmage

It depends on where the parts come from. for example when I last bought some RAM, a regular 800 mhz 2 gig DDR2 RAM stick was around 1.1k...now that has rocketed up to 1.9k atleast.

While the increase wont be as drastic as the one I stated above, but when you are taking a whole PC, it will definitely cause the price to go up by quite a bit.

Also dont at all go for DDR3...its still a young format. As for GPU...get the Corsair 450 VX(good choice Phoenix) series...which will serve you well as a PSU...and then go for the GTS 250. I strongly suggest the GTS 250 over the GTX 260 due to practicality. Almost any game releasing this year uptill release of Diablo 3 next year(hopefully Q1) will run silky smooth. And GTS 250 is around 7k or something...its cheap so you can switch in another card when you want a change next year. But remember...whenever you change GPU...always make sure the PSU is upto the task...Corsair TX/VX series are brilliant like the people here have mentioned already...there is also a company called TAGAN which makes good PSU's...i was skeptical about them but their stuff is good.

Phoneix -- Thats nearly 20k.. WOuld that let me run the current gen games? I dont want any eye candy and stuff. I just wanna play some of the newer RTS ( god i miss that genre) and maybe some of the upcoming PC exclusives like Diablo..

Hmm, the onboard chip is an ATi 4200, so I really am not sure. Get a cheap mid-range card and stick it in, and you'll be good, at least for running games at medium settings. I know the costs keep piling up, but that's how building a rig rolls.

As for me, I was thinking of a possible setup, and f**k, sh*t is expensive.

i5 750 - 10.3k

Intel DH55TC - 6.1k

Corsair 2x2GB Dual-channel 4GB 1033 DDR3 - 6.5k

HD5770 - 9.6k

Seagate 1TB 7200rpm SATA 3 - 4.3k

Tagan 500W (not sure if this would be enough) - 3k

CM Elite 310 - 1.5k

Random DVDRW drive - w/e

Comes up to around 42k. Holy sh*t! :rofl:

Edited by Phoenix Wright

^^

why 1033 MHz ram?

I mean... HOW?? I've heard of 1066 and 1333 but.. 1033... its a typo rite?

nd I rlly don think... a 3k PSU... can handle 5770.. whts its efficency?

@ MADMAGE :- Mayb ur better off with wht Phoenix said... u cn bring down a 2k if u go athlon instead of phenom... and a HD 4650 cn hold long enough i guess... its 3.5k i guess...

Edited by ~--YeSH--~

^Lol I was about to post almost same config. Yeah I've finally decided to build a PC, primarily for gaming but also for watching/encoding h.264 videos. Budgets is between 50 and 60k without monitor. I've narrowed it down to following components..

CPU - Intel i5-750 - 10k

Mobo - Gigabyte GA P55 US3L - 7k

GPU - Saphire HD5850 - 16k

Ram - Corsair DDR3 1333mhz 2x2GB - 6k

HDD - Seagate 1TB - 4.5k (I already have one Hitachi 1TB)

DVD - LG DVDR - 1.2k

PSU - Corsair VX550W - 5k

Cabinet - Antec 300 - 4k

Total aprx 54k. :)

Also going for 24" monitor, either from Dell or BenQ.

Just dont buy any GPU till Nvidia launches the Fermi. At worst there will be no price drop abut you will still have more to choose from. At best ATI might drop the price of their DX 11 lineup. Win win.

I upgraded my system to this config around an year back. Works fine for general usage and the odd game.

CPU - AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition

Mobo - Jetway HA06

GPU - Onboard (ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics)

Ram - Kingston DDR2 800mhz 2x2GB

HDD - Samsung 160 GB

DVD - Samsung DVDR

PSU - Generic (came with the cabinet)

Cabinet - iBall

Input - Microsoft Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

What gfx card would help me play the newer games at decent resolution/settings? Any other recommendations.

I've already planned to get a 1TB HDD.

Total budget - 10k to 12k.

Edited by GreyPilgrim

^Lol I was about to post almost same config. Yeah I've finally decided to build a PC, primarily for gaming but also for watching/encoding h.264 videos. Budgets is between 50 and 60k without monitor. I've narrowed it down to following components..

CPU - Intel i5-750 - 10k

Mobo - Gigabyte GA P55 US3L - 7k

GPU - Saphire HD5850 - 16k

Ram - Corsair DDR3 1333mhz 2x2GB - 6k

HDD - Seagate 1TB - 4.5k (I already have one Hitachi 1TB)

DVD - LG DVDR - 1.2k

PSU - Corsair VX550W - 5k

Cabinet - Antec 300 - 4k

Total aprx 54k. :(

Also going for 24" monitor, either from Dell or BenQ.

Oh noes, CC buying a PC - :D

• 2 weeks later...

^^Not really. It's competing against the 5850 and the 5870 and it seems to do better against them both. But regardless DX11 tests will be the real benchmark here. Cant wait to see how Metro 2033 does on that.