[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

2 minutes ago, pbpoovannagamer said:

My cooler master saidon liquid cooler radiator has collected too much dust. Used a vacuum cleaner blower but dust still remains due to which the pc won't turn on. How do I clean it. Dust sitting between the radiator fins..Very hard to remove. Suggestions please46d7ec9934b919a867d4e72b6ea356df.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Use the wide paint brush...Something like this

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGfOHf3A0_VTm3z2Y4RSMMf6l3hekQLQgQzqgQzTZQ__CTcrhiZA

Nope. Didn't work. The dust is between the fins. The brush can't get between them.

22 hours ago, djanuj said:

Check this router it also has Bandwidth Manager

TP-Link TL-WR840N (V2) 300 Mbps Wireless N Router
http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/tp-link-tl-wr840n-v2-300-mbps-wireless-n-router/p/itmedwynywhynpbr?pid=RTREDWYNBGRFF6SX&cmpid=product.share.pp

This might be anecdotal but honestly wouldnt recommend buying this one. I have it and it drops packets over wifi like a motherf**ker. Gaming is literally impossible on it over wifi. 

Friend has the same one and his keeps losing IP address to wifi devices so you have to disconnect and reconnect or reboot all the time. 

LAN is rock solid for us both but it has plenty of wifi issues. 

This might be anecdotal but honestly wouldnt recommend buying this one. I have it and it drops packets over wifi like a motherf**ker. Gaming is literally impossible on it over wifi. 

Friend has the same one and his keeps losing IP address to wifi devices so you have to disconnect and reconnect or reboot all the time. 

LAN is rock solid for us both but it has plenty of wifi issues. 

Anybody using TP-LINK AC1350 Archer C60

You can check for this router too

Tenda F3 300Mbps Wi-Fi Router https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0151AM5UG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XoJ3zb1DTB3XR

On 10/11/2017 at 0:30 AM, HEMAN said:

Any other suggestions @Joe Cool what router you use?

Was on TP-Link or D-Link dual-band router and now I'm using the one company provided. Sadly, none of those are good enough to cover the entire house. 

All are capped for 100mbit connection and due to that, I'm leaning forward to pick up AC66U_B1 / RT-AC68U or RT-N66U. Whichever goes on sale first. ~$100ish now. 

Don't buy crappy ones. They don't give good signal strength and you will end up using an extender or replacing. aYPGdzW.png

13 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Was on TP-Link or D-Link dual-band router and now I'm using the one company provided. Sadly, none of those are good enough to cover the entire house. 

All are capped for 100mbit connection and due to that, I'm leaning forward to pick up AC66U_B1 / RT-AC68U or RT-N66U. Whichever goes on sale first. ~$100ish now. 

Don't buy crappy ones. They don't give good signal strength and you will end up using an extender or replacing. aYPGdzW.png

Dropped the idea for router now. Have one which handles 100mbit line and has bandwidth controller also have a repeater setup for other devices. Will upgrade when 1gig line is available at my place

On 6/27/2017 at 2:31 PM, Joe Cool said:

I have two routers. One connected to my PC and the other one is biting the dust.  Now, my wi-fi range started dropping and I'm barely getting half of the speed in my living room. Very annoying. zZ2G5Yp.png

I was wondering if I can just connect 2nd router to 1st router and extend the range? 2nd router is fresh but dual band router. I did a factory reset and simply connected router to router. I was able to select wifi but it didn't work not had range improvement. 

Any easy way to increase the range/stability and make use of the 2nd router? 

If not, what do I need to buy? Extender or access point or something else? 

Thanks!

Edit: if this helps.

Q4kTUIl.png

you can use your old router as extender, I guess. I googled and found this -

Link - https://lifehacker.com/how-to-extend-your-wi-fi-network-with-an-old-router-915783308

repeater/extender reduce the speed by a lot in some cases half. Router needs to have the functionality to act as a repeater. Most new routers will have a repeater mode built in. You just have to find it in settings

How is your PC not booting because of the cooler having dust? 

Is there an overtemperature warning? 
Hi Abhay.
Went to local repair shop and found out that it was not dust etc. My 10 year old HDD has failed. It won't boot anymore. It had my windows 8.1 OS on it. Now I have to reinstall everything. At least 300 GB of games to reinstall lol. Luckily I have 250 GB download per month. I hope origin and steam saves were on the cloud else I have to grind mass effect Andromeda and dark Souls 3 and many other games from the start.
Every other component inside the cabinet is fine. So now I want to a get a new SSD and install windows 10 on it.

Suggestions please.

^ Hi man. Yeah, I realised that which is why I had asked you that query. 

You can look at Samsung's EVO 750 series or Kingston's UV400 at that price point. 

256GB /240GB is the absolute baseline these days. More would always be better. Cheers! 

Happy Dhanteras and Diwali. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HotSonix said:

Steelseries siberia 200 or hyper x cloud stinger?

Any info is appreciated 

SteelSeries Siberia 200. 

Sound quality is better than the Kingston HyperX Cloud range of headsets (just the Cloud II outdoes it plus all of them have a more bass oriented signature). 

• Like 1