Shadow of The Tomb Raider

Heaven Angel

13 hours ago, slackerninja said:

Previews seem...erratic. Some gushing over it as game of the generation, others unsure what to expect. 

When the cheque clears VS when they tell you the cheque is in the mail. 

• Like 1

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-27-the-good-bad-and-ugly-of-45-minutes-with-shadow-of-tomb-raider

The demo I played, which involved a stealth combat section that triggers after you lift the Mayan artifact from its home and must escape the crumbling ruins, betrayed the build's shaky foundations. Movement was a tad janky, the shooting a little erratic, the hitboxes a bit all over the place. I encountered a few bugs and on occasion the camera decided to embed itself within my troublesome cover. Eidos Montreal has a few months to sort a lot of this stuff out, so I'm not calling for an evac just yet, but I remain convinced that my favourite bits of this game will be those when Lara is on her lonesome in some mysterious tomb, pulling the odd lever and jumping from pillar to pillar.

bGKAZYl.png

Edited by Heaven Angel

On 4/29/2018 at 1:59 AM, HEMAN said:

Whenever a studio says we are working with Nvidia for PC exclusive features, I know it's going to be a bad optimization for that said feature.

Not really. 

1) Usually exclusive features are useless crap used by 1% of people that are running 1080 or some sh*t. Like Nvidia hairworks, clothwork or something like that.That stuff isnt usually meant for mid tier audience. 

2) In this case PC port is being handled by Nixxes. Their track record is stellar.

23 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Not really. 

1) Usually exclusive features are useless crap used by 1% of people that are running 1080 or some sh*t. Like Nvidia hairworks, clothwork or something like that.That stuff isnt usually meant for mid tier audience. 

2) In this case PC port is being handled by Nixxes. Their track record is stellar.

Bruh, I use gtx 980ti and if I use any Nvidia features in FF XV fps drops by at least 10 frames. Disable it and it's fine again.

Check out DF's analysis of it they were using Titan V. Nvidia game works is just sh*t

Losing 10fps for the entire package isn't bad optimization. tmzcmEf.png 

That's like saying, hey, I get better FPS without AA but when I turn on AA, I get poor fps. No shite, Sherlock. You are getting better visual experience. 

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Losing 10fps for the entire package isn't bad optimization. tmzcmEf.png 

That's like saying, hey, I get better FPS without AA but when I turn on AA, I get poor fps. No shite, Sherlock. You are getting better visual experience. 

Did you play FFXV on PC? Yes or No?

What I said was an example and that was just one feature not all the feature. If all Nvidia features are enabled then fps drop is even worse. 

MS would have had to pay up huge amounts of money if the game is to be brought to game pass, considering it will affect sales on all 3 platforms (including the X1) as people can just pay for the trial and complete the game. Tomb Raider is not a huge game and can easily be finished within 10-14 days. It would be a completely stupid move on SE's part to agree to let the full game come on game pass at launch (perhaps even more than ROTR's timed exclusive).

One way I can see this coming to gamepass, that makes more sense is if the game is time gated and progression gated, to not allow progression past a certain point unless full game is purchased, such as demos or what EA did for ME:Andromeda at launch.

8 minutes ago, slackerninja said:

Paid 699 for Tomb Raider 2013 on PC at launch. Every day publishers are straying away from the light.

Do you think we will have the same SQUARE ENIX panic as was in ~2013 or so, where Tomb Raider was going ~75% almost every alternate weekend on STEAM.