Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

I agree but think of it, being consistently good and making three great movies is not that easy. You remember when people first saw the trailer and saying things in this same thread like "I have a feeling it will suck", "it will disappoint" and all. It still manages NOT to disappoint. It could be worse. Ending could be like ME3. It is still better than other sequels out there. Not to forget were ultrahyped and fulfilling that is not an easy task.

I totally agree that the movie is great and probably the best trilogy, better then LOTR. But it is just that it fails to topple the previous movie, the competition is within the house. Remember UC2 vs UC3 debate

I totally agree that the movie is great and probably the best trilogy, better then LOTR. But it is just that it fails to topple the previous movie, the competition is within the house. Remember UC2 vs UC3 debate

Ya nothing is perfect, but now that initial frenzy is over for me, and i look back, this movie is a very good movie but not the Epic movie it could have been. It's like god of war 3, when i finished it i was like OMG this is the sh*t, but after a week i realized it was probably the weakest of three. For me this realization is beginning to come in just within 12 hrs for TDKR.

Take your time, its probably too early to say that :P

A lot of People saying tdkr is the best of the series will come around in few weeks, once the hype is dead you would realise how much perfect tdk and bb were. A lot of fans are pumped up just cos they saw a batman flick on big screen after huge wait.

Thanks God there's someone sane here!

EDIT: Overall, the trilogy comes a close 2nd for me. Right after LoTR.

Edited by iHoneyBadger

Alright. A little numb, eyes a little moist and can't stop thinking about it. The soundtrack is as fluid as could be. You could not imagine the moments of the movie with any other music. The narration is unforgiving, relentless and three hours of amazing progression. And what an end. The last 5 mins could easily be the best 5 mins of the decade. I could understand Bane just fine, subtitles were a little irritating. Did they remove them sometime, didn't even notice them though after a bit.

TDK is the best amongst all three for it's sheer awesome moments. But awesome moments get old. Like they have for me. So I rate Batman Begins better than TDK now. There aren't as many moments that'd make you go "wow" just by sheer absorption of awesomeness happening on screen as TDK for sure. But this movie has something more. A soul that goes deeper and makes you think about it long after it is over. And then you'd want to see it again. And again. I know I am going to.

Tomorrow. :bigyellowgrin:

Gotta resist the temptation to go into the spoiler thread for another half a day. Tomorrow morning it's TDKR in IMAX (gotta wake up in time :lol: ). And perhaps again on a weekday I'll go to this awesome theater for a second viewing if enough people from the office decide to go. - http://www.jordans.com/Imax.aspx

Apart from that massive 8-story screen, their chairs are the highlight cos they're high-end furniture manufacturers themselves :lol: Would be a perfect place to rewatch TDKR.

Ironman better than Batman, are you f**king kidding me? :doh:

The only thing i liked in last two Ironman movies was RDJ's wit. Else Iron Man is a jerk, his armour suit does most of the job.

Tony stark or Bruce wayne? Bruce wayne!! more relatable. Plus batman, villains are better.

"I am the Night!"

or...

"I'm an army."

Batman takes it. :majesty:

Batman has no superpowers. He is as vulnerable to injury and death as any other human being. That itself makes him special. Enough said. :batman:

I was about to write this and agree to that too. Then thought even Iron Man is called a superhero just because of his suit only. He is equally vulnerable without his suit. Not trying to get into an argument just a healthy discussion :)

Edited by Django_3101

I was about to write this and agree to that too. Then thought even Iron Man is called a superhero just because of his suit only. He is equally vulnerable without his suit. Not trying to get into an argument just a healthy discussion :)

And entire world knows who ironman is where as broody batsman stays in hiding :P