Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Dark Knight Rises Opening day numbers in India - 5.25cr (Currently at no. 4)

Amazing spiderman - 9.5cr

MI4 - 6cr

Avengers - 5.75cr

:angry:

Small cities make the difference. The collection in big one will be 100% for all

Small cities make the difference. The collection in big one will be 100% for all

Bold, Explain.

IMO, the reason TDKR didn't grossed much is because of not-in-3D (Premium ticket price) (Avengers, TAS profited from that) and less no. of screens. The dubbed version failed. Also the movie was not much released wider in B, C centers (small ones).

Also, TDKR releasing in just 800 screens and doing 5cr is exceptional. That's almost like 80-85% of occupancy per average show

Number don't matter, quality does. TDKR was better than Avengers and TAS.

Though I must say Avengers was more "fun". But overall TDKR was the better film. TAS, well, it was better than I expected it to be.

Sure, it doesn't say about the quality of a film. Box Office history tell us that.

But numbers do matter when studio has spent 250$m bucks on it.. The number of people the movie has reached to, no. of people actually going in a theater and watching it (not pirating).

Specially now, since after Colorado shooting, US theaters have took a huge hit. Shows, premiere promotions been cancelled.. Many moviegoers are not going.

Overall, it does matter.

Bold, Explain.

Obviously, smaller cities tend to have more following for mi and spidey than batman. Every theatre in big cities was full.

boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=4705&nCat=

Edited by Udham

TDK trilogy is clearly the most emotionally engaging of all superhero films. The Avengers may have made more money but that's popcorn entertainment. The attachment that Nolan has made us feel to Batman/Bruce and others is unprecedented.

Also doesn't bode well when WB India are truly a bunch of a*s backward idiotic dumbf**ks only worthy of Two and a Half Men.

TDK trilogy is clearly the most emotionally engaging of all superhero films. The Avengers may have made more money but that's popcorn entertainment. The attachment that Nolan has made us feel to Batman/Bruce and others is unprecedented.

+1

I just donno why people liked Avengers so much,I mean cmon the story was all about united we stand divided we fall .I agree it had its moments but cmon this is Batman .Hes not a superhero,hes just an ordinary man standing up to fight criminals so that he can save his City .He is not an accidental superhero nor is he from another planet .Screw the collections but I find it sad that a movie like Avengers with hardly any story is compared to a movie which has redefined how you make comic book movies .Compare Avengers to someone in its league like Spiderman 1,3 and Amazing Spiderman .

BMS is showing that tomo's morning show tickets are available (IMAX, Wadala) :happydance: :happydance: as opposed to BIG Cinemas website where everything is shown as SOLD :|

but i was going there irrespective of the shows status :|

Fitting end to the trilogy.. Zimmer the man... The soundtrack. :wub:

But ledger has still not been surpassed.. Bane was ok.. Nothing that exceptional and the voice the worst... Meh..

And Wtf mandatory subtitles :ack:

Anne in reality resembles a sucked up sugarcane.. But love the assjob they did on her while on the bike...

Edited by TheDribbler

U guys cannot compare Avengers to Batman. Please. They both maybe summer flicks, but Batman is far more deeper, explores the human psyche and emotions a lot more. Batman is a very flawed super hero. Batman eventually overpowers his foes but they always take a lot out of him or away from him.

Avengers, spiderman is just nice popcorn fun. thats all.

• Like 1

Obviously, smaller cities tend to have more following for mi and spidey than batman. Every theatre in big cities was full.

boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=4705&nCat=

That's what I said.

Also i no blv these stupid "Indian" box office sites/forums :fear:

Edited by Freak

First we were comparing Ironman to Batman now Avengers to Batman. That itself shows how good Batman is. :giggle:

On serious note, Avengers as a cinematic experience, yes, was as good as Batman. Story, content level you say? Plain NOO!

Summer blockbuster, you say? TDKR >>>> Avengers > TAS, Battleshit etc

PS. Avengers without Hulk = Batman without Nolan. Period..

While we are still at the topic, for fun sake, how would you rate the cast of TDKR?

Me;

JGL

Oldman

Bale

Hardy

Freeman

Caine (I love this guy, he made me cried twice, would have easily put him on top if he had a bit more screen time)

Hathaway

Cotillard