Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

So i heard that in vishwawhaterver, our hero uses principles of physics at a level that puts even the indy "fridge" jones to the shame.

Kamal hassan apparently puts a microwave oven on top, like literally ON TOP, of the signal reciver that triggers the bomb post detonation in order to block the said signal :ko:

suddenly agent vinod's pungi dance doesnt seem half bad :|

So i heard that in vishwawhaterver, our hero uses principles of physics at a level that puts even the indy "fridge" jones to the shame.Kamal hassan apparently puts a microwave oven on top, like literally ON TOP, of the signal reciver that triggers the bomb post detonation in order to block the said signal :ko: suddenly agent vinod's pungi dance doesnt seem half bad :|

It isn't kamal who does tht.

So i heard that in vishwawhaterver, our hero uses principles of physics at a level that puts even the indy "fridge" jones to the shame.

Kamal hassan apparently puts a :ko:

Apparently microwave can/may work as a faraday shield, you could google it!

Edited by Ram Dante

Uh yeah. A microwave is designed to keep EM waves inside... similarly it could keep EM waves from outside from coming within too.

Kamal hassan apparently puts a microwave oven on top, like literally ON TOP, of the signal reciver that triggers the bomb post detonation in order to block the said signal :ko:

except it apparently works in real life too. try placing your cellphone in it and calling it :giggle:

What part of putting the microwave ON IT, do you people not understand ? AS is literally picking up the box and putting it over the signal receiver.

Of course i know that any thing inside the oven would not receive the EM waves (as to why the terrorists didnt deem it fit to make the bomb detonator a little more sophisticated than the one that can be blocked by a freggin domestic kitchen appliance is a different matter) but i dont think mere physical contact with the microwave can block so much as a fart wave.

What part of putting the microwave ON IT, do you people not understand ? AS is literally picking up the box and putting it over the signal receiver.

Of course i know that any thing inside the oven would not receive the EM waves (as to why the terrorists didnt deem it fit to make the bomb detonator a little more sophisticated than the one that can be blocked by a freggin domestic kitchen appliance is a different matter) but i dont think mere physical contact with the microwave can block so much as a fart wave.

:chair: Don't bring logic into it. Just be happy that it was at least not as pathetic as super-hyped dashavataram.. I had the misfortune of having to go through dashavataram recently on TV and was pulling my hair out while my kid somehow liked it and forced me to watch it..

:chair: Don't bring logic into it. Just be happy that it was at least not as pathetic as super-hyped dashavataram.. I had the misfortune of having to go through dashavataram recently on TV and was pulling my hair out while my kid somehow liked it and forced me to watch it..

May be you didn't understand the layers of the movie to appreciate it.

Yes, the 10 characters played by Kamal Hassan are a bit contrived.

Dasavataram, though superficial, tries to blend the concepts of religion and science into the simple narrative.

Read this and you might change your view about the movie

The Chaos theory interpretation of Dasavatharam and the Sci-fi

aspects to it are more or less obvious for the viewer to grab. Having a

Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, a Sikh and even an atheist in the

story, the film obviously has a religious layer to it. So I would like to make one point about that thread.

Rangarajan Nambi dies saving the idol. Ironically, here, man (Nambi)

tries to save god (idol). Trust Kamal to place his ideological cue here.

Kamal suggests that man (Nambi) here is indeed God (remember Anbe

Sivam!) and the Idol/God is a mortal. Nambi is the Jesus figure of the story.

He tries to help his people and their faith but is humiliated and

stoned by the people and pierced with pointed objects by the ruling

empire (resembling the crucification of Jesus). Nambi has failed to

save his people and God (the idol).

Cut to 2004. Nambi is resurrected (read Jesus like ressurection)

and is here as Govind. Hence the cross mark on his forehead (band aid).

A lot of clues suggesting the resurrection include the facts that both

Nambi and Govind get hurt on their forehead protecting what they think

is vital. In the final scene, Govind suggests that him and Andal have

already joined. It is upto Govind to fulfil Nambi’s incomplete prophecy

which he does. He saves the so-called-God (idol) and sustains the faith

of the people on God/him (Andal says "You are a hero , No doubts about it”)

At the end of the film, theists will say “God saved man” whereas atheists will say “Man saved god”!

May be you didn't understand the layers of the movie to appreciate it.

Yes, the 10 characters played by Kamal Hassan are a bit contrived.

Dasavataram, though superficial, tries to blend the concepts of religion and science into the simple narrative.

Read this and you might change your view about the movie

When the story is wafer-thin, and makeup of all characters so bad that half of them look alike and it feels like the 10-role thing is nothing but a hype-gimmick, and the acting is so pathetic that a nukkad natak actor looks like an oscar nominee, you don't care about putting your mind to the "layers" whatever chaos or other theory they might hide. It's like people creating theories out of nowhere, giving some sort of satisfaction to their minds to prove to themselves that the hype was not that much unneeded and their god actor wasn't that bad.

When the story is wafer-thin, and makeup of all characters so bad that half of them look alike and it feels like the 10-role thing is nothing but a hype-gimmick, and the acting is so pathetic that a nukkad natak actor looks like an oscar nominee, you don't care about putting your mind to the "layers" whatever chaos or other theory they might hide. It's like people creating theories out of nowhere, giving some sort of satisfaction to their minds to prove to themselves that the hype was not that much unneeded and their god actor wasn't that bad.

kthxbye