Binary Domain

pArth

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't even play the demo. Went into it cold. So darn good. The fluidity in gunplay is f**king awesome. The story is pretty darn good too. Don't know if the PC version is making it here though. If it does I'm anticipating INR 699 at retail which is a bloody steal.

Its being one of the most enjoyable shooter this year.

I found everything bland really. The boss battle was amusing though. 699 PC retail is good. I have spent money on ubersh*t games, so no harm in spending 699 bucks for a retail box of a game which everyone is praising.

I mean I am absolutely loving Alan Wake currently, which cost like 600 bucks. I just got it on impulse thinking lets see the graphics, as from the videos the gameplay looked lame. But boy o boy, what a game. Fantastic. Among top 10 games of all time for me.

Binary Domaaaaaaain DEFENSE FORCE ASSEMBLE!!!

The only negative criticism I can throw its way is that the game is a bit generic, but if you play it with an open mind, you'll notice that the developers have actually put a lot of effort in it, and have created it with a lot of love and dedication.

The things it does well are:

• Boss fights
  • Engaging combat mechanics
  • Smooth controls
  • Excellent pacing
  • Weapons and enemy variety
  • Intriguing story

I mean, this damn game has a 10 hour campaign mode with solid pacing and few fillers. It's difficult to find games like these nowadays, and that too coming out of Japan. This game has bombed commercially due to to limited visibility caused by shoddy marketing.

It's clear that we will never see a Binary Domain 2, but people waiting for "sale" and other bullshit when the game is already dirt cheap - if you know where to look - really pains me from the inside. It's a little annoying that people take that first impression of being a generic game too seriously and ignore the things it does right. Yeah, I know money doesn't grow on trees and all that jazz, but seriously, it's one of the best games I've played this year.

P.S. Bleep Sega's marketing.

Binary-Domain-robot.jpg

Lol, the robots in this game are amazing.

Binary Domaaaaaaain DEFENSE FORCE ASSEMBLE!!!

The only negative criticism I can throw its way is that the game is a bit generic, but if you play it with an open mind, you'll notice that the developers have actually put a lot of effort in it, and have created it with a lot of love and dedication.

The things it does well are:

• Boss fights
  • Engaging combat mechanics
  • Smooth controls
  • Excellent pacing
  • Weapons and enemy variety
  • Intriguing story

I mean, this damn game has a 10 hour campaign mode with solid pacing and few fillers. It's difficult to find games like these nowadays, and that too coming out of Japan. This game has bombed commercially due to to limited visibility caused by shoddy marketing.

It's clear that we will never see a Binary Domain 2, but people waiting for "sale" and other bullshit when the game is already dirt cheap - if you know where to look - really pains me from the inside. It's a little annoying that people take that first impression of being a generic game too seriously and ignore the things it does right. Yeah, I know money doesn't grow on trees and all that jazz, but seriously, it's one of the best games I've played this year.

P.S. Bleep Sega's marketing.

Lol, the robots in this game are amazing.

9/10 would read again

Didn't see how it was generic, but I would have liked to see more outdoor environs. Beautiful, they were..

And this:

Now THAT'S a boss fight :O

And the best part was that it was just one of so many. Such a great game.

They should do a Yakuza 4+Binary Domain Double Pack. And a Bayonetta+ Vanquish Double Pack while they're at it. Poor Sega :(

Yea, really heartbreaking. All that and Condemned/Condemned 2 too. And stuff I haven't played like Madworld.

The industry's already dead if no ones played these games :|

Edit: Instead of THIS: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/retailers-praise-refreshing-new-call-of-duty/096010

:puke:

Who'd say anything wrong about Treyarch! In fact,

I sense that there's a real commitment from Activision and Treyarch to raise the bar once again for the Call of Duty franchise, and the setting and weapon details that have been released are the first big step in driving the series further. The return of zombies is also a great announcement and one I think fans of the series will welcome.

It’s testament to Activision that they continue to push the boundaries and once again offer gamers a refreshing new take on the genre. I think it’s great to see that in the current economic climate, publishers are prepared to keep taking risks and not sell the consumer short by taking the safer option.

the above may or may not have been said by me

Archived