[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

5 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

idk, never heard of this one, Duracell/Panasonic ones are cheap anyway.

I needed those urgently and couldn't get the above brands locally so had to get some brand called lithium cr 2032 the pc shop said they only sell these, will this do or cause the PC issues? They said this is used brand for clocks etc

Is the job of cmos battery only to save bios settings? Or does it do anything more?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Hi, I have an Xbox Series X and I have been using a Champion UPS 800VA or 480Watts. It just can’t support the xbox when full gaming load is active - xbox just shuts down. I read that XSX pulls upto 300-350 Watts of power and the UPS should ideally support upto 480 Watts. What’s happening? Should I get a higher wattage UPS? Please suggest a good UPS

Edited by 0verlord

On 1/31/2021 at 6:52 PM, WhoCantBeNamed said:

Thank you! I have shipped the mobo to the service center, waiting to get the RMA no.

Update: Received a call from the Gigabyte Service Center that the motherboard is working fine there, also received a video of the same. Waiting to get it back so I could try it once again.

2 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

Intel Core i7 4790K CPU - 5k
MSI Gaming 5 Z97 motherboard - 4k
Cooler Master N600 case - 1.5k
Cooler Master Seidon 120V Plus cooler - 2k
Cooler Master MWE 650 W bronze power supply (under warranty) - 2.5k
HyperX Fury 16 GB DDR3 RAM - 3k
Zotac GTX 1060 graphics card - 10k
LG DVD drive - 500
AOC 27-inch FHD IPS monitor - 8k

Maybe.. 

Depending on the condition and warranty

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 4:19 PM, Rey said:

Update: Received a call from the Gigabyte Service Center that the motherboard is working fine there, also received a video of the same. Waiting to get it back so I could try it once again.

Forgot to update. Received the motherboard back after a couple of days and it worked fine this time. :D 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Air cooler for Ryzen 5600x. I am using the stock cooler and have undervolted the CPU still goes to 75c during gaming. Preferably something non RGB.

What are the idle temps? 75 seems normal under load. I think you'd need to go the AIO way if anything less than that is required.

3 hours ago, Rey said:

What are the idle temps? 75 seems normal under load. I think you'd need to go the AIO way if anything less than that is required.

Idle temps are 40-45c. I know temps are normal for stock cooler. My city gets too hot in summer so kinda preparing for that. 

17 hours ago, StormShadow said:

Been waiting too long for 3080 FE. Any leads where to get it from? I know RPtech. But never managed to grab one due to their site crashing when the card comes back in stock.

Cheers.

Right now, RP Tech is your best option to get it at retail price. Else prepare to pay 2-3x the cost for AIBs or a significant margin over the MSRP of the FE cards if you choose to buy from scalpers. 

• Like 1