The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

21 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I'm using it a lot these days and I charge to 100% at around 8 AM or so. 25% by day end. So it's not that good tbh but I'm hoping it improves... 

use the deepsleep option and data saver. Together they ensure the apps which you arent using, dont leak and access internet in background to give you ads and waste battery. It takes some effort and time to set those up for each app manually but once done, you will see remarkable improvement. I always do this on my every Samsung device soon after the first boot.

Yesterday when I went to watch Batman at CityWalk, Samsung store was next to it. Checked out all models. I simply loved Ultra, the camera is brilliant and as I have big hands it didnt looked out of place. Plus that burgandy color is beautiful. But, 1.10 for it just doesn't agress with me. S22 looked quite small for me. They didn't had S22+ in display so couldnt check it out.

Me and wife both are looking to replace phones but we are so habitual of our Samsung's we just don't want to venture any other brand. I am keeping my hope for a good A73 launch on 17th. Btw, S20 FE is such a steal at 35k. S21FE didnt looked like a major upgrade for 19k more. 

4 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Yesterday when I went to watch Batman at CityWalk, Samsung store was next to it. Checked out all models. I simply loved Ultra, the camera is brilliant and as I have big hands it didnt looked out of place. Plus that burgandy color is beautiful. But, 1.10 for it just doesn't agress with me. S22 looked quite small for me. They didn't had S22+ in display so couldnt check it out.

Me and wife both are looking to replace phones but we are so habitual of our Samsung's we just don't want to venture any other brand. I am keeping my hope for a good A73 launch on 17th. Btw, S20 FE is such a steal at 35k. S21FE didnt looked like a major upgrade for 19k more. 

Pretty much everyone saying that about s20 Fe

Only good thing about s21 Fe is software support from Samsung for the upcoming years will obviously a litter longer than s20 fe.

S22U battery update:

So about 5 days in with the phone and I let it run the whole day yesterday on battery

Got it fully charged by 7 AM and took it off. Gave me 4hr SOT till 25% which is decent but not great by any means. So around 17 hours total till midnight. 

XDA says that as it learns it should get better, so I plan to see how it changes or improves over the next 2 weeks... 

Screenshot-20220317-000816-Device-care.j

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Nope, never. Have opted out myself from all marketing and customization services too. Maybe this person has turned on the customization option and that pushed the ads? 

He is saying that he made sure all the options were opted out during setup and even the customisations. 

48 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Pixel 4a users, did the March update make your phone worse like everyone's saying on reddit? The recurring issue seems to be lag after using the fingerprint sensor. 

Fine for me. 

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Can you share the link of the charger you bought?

And also any screen protector?

Charger: https://www.samsung.com/in/mobile-accessories/25w-changer-ta800-ep-ta800xbngin/

No SP yet since I just learnt recently that there aren't any good options for tempered glass pieces for curved screens. I am looking at these ones below, any ideas?

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

I ended up buying the S22+ as the employee coupon was giving much better discount on it compared to Ultra.

That charger is OOS, so I will give the local stores a try.

Afaik, curved SPs are of no use, have tried on my Pixel and have seen people try it on previous Samsung's, they always end up chipping away. I would suggest to get a non-curved one even if it means the that edges will stand out or maybe check those vaccum, screen films? They used to have those in Croma, not sure how good those were but used to cover the whole device.

5 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Pixel 4a users, did the March update make your phone worse like everyone's saying on reddit? The recurring issue seems to be lag after using the fingerprint sensor. 

No issues for me, either.

On 3/20/2022 at 5:59 PM, LordSpymaster said:

Yeah I bought one of these I shared. They're normal screen guard films, not tempered. Should give decent scratch protection at least.

I don't even want tempered but is it working well with the fingerprint sensor? Does the speed/accuracy take a hit?