Numbers, MTx, and Fiscal sales discussion thread

It's less about the money and more about the time, tbh. Why should a person spend his time on a game which doesn't respect his time and money when there are many superior games out there which do. 
oh come on its still lesser thn what d2 asks so its all right..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, sobbii said:

its 30$ dollars now haha.. joe dont you feel bad that you paid 30 more..? if progression doesnt take long you sure should feel bad.. emoji14.png

Jokes on you. I paid $40 for day 1 and already got my money's worth, unlike Destiny 2 bundle. eXQ7pUb.png

4 minutes ago, adity said:

WHY would I buy and play a game I know to be crap?

I don't have infinite time or money to do that. I'll obviously spend my time on the much superior games out there. 

Good to know that you can't form an opinion on your own and need to hear from others to know if it's good or bad. eXQ7pUb.png

You sh*ting on destiny 2 while shilling for battlefront 2 is a classic case of trying to have the cake and eat it too. You won't be allowed to do that.

Dopey much? Can't shite without playing it. Not everyone is like you to do that. 

7 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

These so-called Free-loaded Content does not even have a roadmap, so good guy EA will release content only around the time when there is hype building for a release or some such. 

Yeah, let's put up a roadmap for what's going to come next year within a month after launch. 

And for what it's worth, they did put the roadmap for the first DLC weeks ago before it came out. 

8 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

Yeah! Take this bullshit line of argument on a fanbaby forum. I do not want to pay ~$60+ (++micro-transactions shoved in my face) to 'grind' and get a sense of 'pride and accomplishment'. 

Well, you started it with a random comparison between two games which had nothing to do with OP.  And second, no one asked you or anyone to buy. I never told anyone to buy the game either. If you can't keep up with an argument, maybe next time don't start one without double checking on the current start of the game. 

12 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

No thanks. I like to keep $60 to spend on other games, other hobbies which respect my time and effort instead of bro, 'sense of pride and accomplishment' and free content. 

Um, you should. 

8 minutes ago, adity said:

It's less about the money and more about the time, tbh. Why should a person spend his time on a game which doesn't respect his time and money when there are many superior games out there which do. 

Sure have enough time to talk shite without playing though. More about time. Hilarious. 

22 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Well going forward many developers are moving towards GaaS model. Even the Avengers Project from Squareenix is being designed with a GaaS model. :fear:

GaaS is fine as long as devs don't try to nickel and dime you with scummy practices. Look at Hitman (don't look at Goty upgrade :p), RB6, FFXIV, even first Destiny with Taken King and RoI. Heck GTS just dropped an entire single player mode, a dozen cars, new track layout and a few QoL changes, all for free. And by free, I mean its actually free with no other monetization.

12 minutes ago, sobbii said:

its 30$ dollars now haha.. joe dont you feel bad that you paid 30 more..? if progression doesnt take long you sure should feel bad.. emoji14.png

Could be $10 and lesser, still would not be worth it in this case. 

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

Yeah, let's put up a roadmap for what's going to come next year within a month after launch. 

And for what it's worth, they did put the roadmap for the first DLC weeks ago before it came out. 

Let us charge people extra for stuff we will put out, do not know when, how or what but lets charge them because... We are benevolent people who would rather that people save $5. You know why this thought process is going the way of the dodo, right.

Yeah! Because The Last Jedi was coming. So we got to wait for the next major 'content' till the summer STAR WARS side story rolls out? Next major release? Do not know because waaah! They removed loot boxes and all we wanted to give was free-LC.  

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Well, you started it with a random comparison between two games which had nothing to do with OP.  And second, no one asked you or anyone to buy. I never told anyone to buy the game either. If you can't keep up with an argument, maybe next time don't start one without double checking on the current start of the game. 

No, I did not. You posted about Destiny 2 Eververse being garbage, I just held up a mirror to that. If you are too blinded by STAR WARS to see the scummy castle of glass, do not chuck rocks at others. 

7 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Sure have enough time to talk shite without playing though. More about time. Hilarious. 

You know what, if Battlefront 2 actually was any good overall and EA would have had cosmetic RNG, maybe, just maybe it would not have been so reviled. 

But because they are a bag of dicks, yeah! they deserve all this sh*t talking, all this bitching and crying and whining. Yes, they do, 1-hundred-percent.

And for once, instead of being a blind blinkered fanboy who actually cares about the future of gaming you would see it from this angle, you might see that point of view, or maybe not. 

27 minutes ago, adity said:

There are enough good games out there which don't follow the GaaS model. And I would like to belive that this'll continue. 

And its not that GaaS is inherently bad. It can be done without feeling shitty. For eg : Overwatch, Rainbow six, Rocket League, etc. 

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

GaaS is fine as long as devs don't try to nickel and dime you with scummy practices. Look at Hitman (don't look at Goty upgrade :p), RB6, FFXIV, even first Destiny with Taken King and RoI. Heck GTS just dropped an entire single player mode, a dozen cars, new track layout and a few QoL changes, all for free. And by free, I mean its actually free with no other monetization.

For FF14 do I not have to buy the game, pay a monthly fee and buy upgrades? Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't been following that game.

4 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

For FF14 do I not have to buy the game, pay a monthly fee and buy upgrades? Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't been following that game.

It is sub based and not F2P,  but it doesn't require PS+ to play online.

• 2 weeks later...

In the year after its release, it made more money in gross revenue than the new Doom, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Stardew Valley, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and other huge games released in late 2015 and throughout 2016.

Eh? Maybe on PC but BO3 overall is a sales monster with 25M+ copies sold. No way W3 made more money than BO3, in 2015 or ever. 

3 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

And here we come to Overwatch, 

I am salty over this. I love playing Reaper and have everything unlocked for him and in a way compulsive on collecting all things reaper ingame(which is not easy as the general lootboxes drop random loot). I wouldn't mind throwing some $$ at Blizzard to support the OWL as I will be following the league. But 5$ for a skin and no option to buy bundled items at discounted prices is absolute BS.

8 minutes ago, Keano said:

I am salty over this. I love playing Reaper and have everything unlocked for him and in a way compulsive on collecting all things reaper ingame(which is not easy as the general lootboxes drop random loot). I wouldn't mind throwing some $$ at Blizzard to support the OWL as I will be following the league. But 5$ for a skin and no option to buy bundled items at discounted prices is absolute BS.

Welcome to the culmination of 'it is only cosmetic', line of thought. 

2 hours ago, adity said:

That's pretty much the point that Jim makes. 

For a game that has sold over 30 million copies, the reasoning that blizzard needs the loot box money is bs 

At work and I din watch the video. I am completely on the side of Blizzard when it comes to the regular cosmetic lootboxes and seasonal event lootboxes, as you can earn them just by playing the game. I have over 800 hours on different accounts(alts not smurfs) and I am happy that they introduce new heroes, maps, game modes all for free. The game on PC is a masterpiece and deserves every single accolade it got and is getting. The cosmetic lootboxes are not a problem in the game. It is only a problem for those who have an OCD to collect everything right away.

It is the OWL skins that I have an issue with. These new skins are not available in regular cosmetic loot boxes and you have to buy/earn OWL credits(watching official OWL streams?). 12 teams and 26 heroes = 312 new items ~ 1200 USD to get all the skins.

Edited by Keano

Seasonal lootboxes are only available during the event window and the items can also be bought by ingame currency. You just have to wait for the items to be available during the event next year if you  missed out on any. Sometime during the last year, they made changes to regular lootbox droprates, reducing the duplicate drops and increased the igname currency you get on duplicate drops. If you play a lot, you can get all the cosmetics you want without throwing any money at them.

Edited by Keano

6 hours ago, Keano said:

It is the OWL skins that I have an issue with. These new skins are not available in regular cosmetic loot boxes and you have to buy/earn OWL credits(watching official OWL streams?). 12 teams and 26 heroes = 312 new items ~ 1200 USD to get all the skins.

Does not matter to Blizzard. They want your money and they know that people can be made to part with their money. 

It starts with 'cosmetic' lootboxes and it ends on this. Please do not tell me that e-sports team with all their sponsors and deals and personalities still cannot get enough that regular players need to spend ~$1195 on 'cosmetics'.

But hey, look at the bright side, Blizzard can always come back and say, were not you guys pissed about lootboxes, we are going back to the good old days. Pay fee, get stuff. So yeah! Checkmated ourselves on all fronts. 

6 hours ago, Keano said:

If you play a lot, you can get all the cosmetics you want without throwing any money at them.

Grind or pay. Neither is a healthy middle-ground. And it is not even like they makes you eligible to get the cosmetics you want, it is just a shot at cracking open a mystery box that might disgorge the stuff you want or maybe not. 

Edited by ALPHA17

Its like people who complained that Super Mario Run is too expensive at $10, so Nintendo went back to F2P gatcha scheme for all their other mobile games. So instead of getting everything for $10, you now get something for free, or you try to get everything for hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

10 minutes ago, adity said:

Games still cost 60 dollars. 

You mean the entry fee? Yeah that...forget about that. Look at over here where I show you how we give you free updates and free DLC, sometimes within a month of game release like BF2, so it could've been on the disk but wasn't. But forget about that, just think of free dlc as free 2 play model and disregard the money you already paid for the game.

Yeah its what Jim Sterling calls having your cake and fking it too.

9 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Its like people who complained that Super Mario Run is too expensive at $10, so Nintendo went back to F2P gatcha scheme for all their other mobile games. So instead of getting everything for $10, you now get something for free, or you try to get everything for hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Bingo.

Edited by ALPHA17

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Numbers, MTx, and Fiscal sales discussion thread