PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

So far the only thing that was sure shot “in-game” was Senua herself. 

Rest all of it no matter how good it looks could be pre-baked for all we know. 
Xbox marketing is a tricking machine. 

So Senua is in-game and the rest of it could be pre-baked? What does this even mean? :doh:

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm happy to wait for release before commenting. Don't care for graphics anyways. 

Hellblade 1 already has some of the best visuals. 

At the very least it will look absolutely stunning. No idea why there's so much disagreement on this :doh:

9 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

So Senua is in-game and the rest of it could be pre-baked? What does this even mean? :doh:

Pre-Rendered backdrops. 
Very much happens in far away distances of games. 

Not really part of game world but just put there for static eye candy. 

I’m not really saying that is the case here but the way she is moving only on rails forwards & backwards without really going left right or even moving camera in any other direction apart from the set pattern…really looks a bit odd & never really seen to this extent in any “gameplay demo” before. 

It’s almost as if it’s a cutscene added with an on rail feature. 

Anyway….time will tell. 

Edited by AnK

14 minutes ago, AnK said:

Pre-Rendered backdrops. 

I’m not really saying that is the case here but the way she is moving only on rails forwards & backwards without really going left right or even moving camera in any other direction apart from the set pattern…really looks a bit odd & never really seen to this extent in any “gameplay demo” before. 

Anyway….time will tell. 

I'm no game developer but you can't have pre-rendered backdrops this close to the camera. It'd be very obvious. Plus, they also need to be rendered in the game regardless. Plus, we already know from Matrix that environments in UE5 look downright gorgeous. Even FH5 has photorealistic environments thanks to photogrammetry.

More importantly, have you played the first game? I assume you have. It literally starts on-rails for crying out loud.

PS - I'm in no way saying that what was shown was representative of anything. That onus falls on MS/NT.

5 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

have you played the first game? I assume you have. It literally starts on-rails for crying out loud.

no, he hasn't 

the arguments from the other side are all from people who haven't played the game and don't know what the gameplay is/should be in the context of the premise but trying to make "intelligent" comments :rofl:

Edited by 0verlord

No I haven’t :fear: 

But that’s not the point,never was. 

When that game’s “gameplay” was revealed they didn’t showcase that section. 
They showed some varied environments along with enemy fights to feature what the exact game is all about. 

The whole point of this reveal & the whole “reveal” stigma around all the new Xbox games & the on going discussions is that “nothing is ready to a respectable point yet”. 

The final game may even look better than what was showcased but it may also do so after another few years. 

ravish-kumar-do-you-get-my-point.gif

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Even Miles Morales came out with a CGI trailer for its reveal. 

Yep exactly 

It’s just that this wasn’t the “reveal” 

it was “Gameplay” 

Game was announced in 2018

revealed in 2019

Now we are hitting 2022

No concrete gameplay yet. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Do you think saying the same thing 5 times makes it more valuable. 

1. You're purely speculating that it's not actually real time

2. As many have pointed, the game is mostly a atmospheric story driven game. 

3. It's probably not releasing for at least 16-18 months. Plenty of time to show "gameplay"

4. Did you manage to find investments in income statements of companies? 

You are free to wait & I am free to speculate.

Why the fight bruh :hug: 

Just to let you know what usually happens when developers hide gameplay with pre-rendered trailers & finally show just few months before launch:- 

47 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

4 mins of gameplay

11 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

4. Did you manage to find investments in income statements of companies?

@AnK again, if you play your cards correctly here at this opportunity, you'll end your long time search for the investment expenses. I am not even joking right now

9 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

I want to see the post where he thought this was In Game :rofl: Everyone knew it was a Live Action

They did confirm it was in engine. It was not ingame or real time on SX but it was indeed created using Unreal engine. IT WAS NOT  LIVE ACTION.

2nd footage was entirely ingame. Confirmed by Geoff himself 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamingbolt.com/senuas-saga-hellblade-2-reveal-trailer-running-in-real-time-reaffirms-epic/amp

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/hellblade-2-announced-for-xbox-series-x-with-in-engine-trailer/amp/

So people who wasting time quoting old posts. Just google and see for yourself.  I see usual suspects got real butt hurt by my GoW and Hellblade comparison post :lol:. Its a fact guys, with Horizon 5 and now Hellblade 2. MS games are undisputed winner in graphics. 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AnK said:

Pre-Rendered backdrops. 

Anyway….time will tell. 

They using Photogammetry technology for creating realistic looking environments. Forza 5 also used it.

[quote] In order to capture the Icelandic landscapes that’ll be the main setting of Hellblade 2, Ninja Theory have sent art and audio teams to Iceland to do photography and photogrammetry that, along with satellite imagery, will be used to bring large portions of the landscape to the game[/quote] 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

They did confirm it was in engine. It was not ingame or real time on SX but it was indeed created using Unreal engine.

Say what all you want,but your posts tell that your uncle Phil made a fool out of you over & again as usual,to make you believe that presentation had anything to do with actual ingame assets.

Even this on rail presentation was no where near.

35 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Its a fact guys, with Horizon 5 and now Hellblade 2. MS games are undisputed winner in graphics. 

Yeah right lmao 

If scale doesn’t even matter then GT7 craps all over ForzaH5 with 4K 60fps & RT in replays (FH5 RT only in garage)

& If scale matters then both HorizonFW & GoW~R crap all over this moving simulator.

Pick your poison,decisions decisions.

17 minutes ago, AnK said:

Say what all you want,but your posts tell that your uncle Phil made a fool out of you over & again as usual,to make you believe that presentation had anything to do with actual ingame assets.

Even this on rail presentation was no where near.

Yeah right lmao 

If scale doesn’t even matter then GT7 craps all over ForzaH5 with 4K 60fps & RT in replays (FH5 RT only in garage)

& If scale matters then both HorizonFW & GoW~R crap all over this moving simulator.

Pick your poison,decisions decisions.

It was epic who confirmed it that reveal 2019 trailer was created using Unreal engine power. It was not real time on actual console hardware. 

And your 2nd post about Horizon 5 is completely stupid and not even worth replying. Lol. 

18 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

It was epic who confirmed it that reveal 2019 trailer was created using Unreal engine power. It was not real time on actual console hardware. 

And your 2nd post about Horizon 5 is completely stupid and not even worth replying. Lol. 

It was Xbox who labelled it “in-engine” to fool their bhakts…not Epic. 

Also obviously you won’t reply to that coz you got stuck in your own venom. 

8 hours ago, AnK said:

If scale matters then both HorizonFW & GoW~R crap all over this moving simulator.

:rofl:

FH5 is the 2021 console exclusive of the year in an era dominated by PS exclusives. It's the pinnacle of technical achievement and historically, all FH games have been among top games of the gen and FH5 has pushed far ahead of previous FH games

It’s exclusive of the year on one website.

Most didn’t even vote it to be nomination at TGA or GoldenJS. 
I don’t think it’s being nominated at BAFTA either. 
You know why?!?…they were playing this same stuff when you were tumbling in your school garden.

So yeah please keep swinging on this one good 9+ game that you got to save face amongst consistent & varied  GOTY nominees for decades from PS.