PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

33 minutes ago, AnK said:

Pachter: This Is The Final Generation

March 25, 2009

“I think we’ve seen the last generation of consoles,” Pachter said at the GamesBeatconference today. What Pachter saw in his crystal ball was this: Nintendo might release an upgraded Wii with HD and more storage, but Sony and Microsoft probably won’t release another console. That’s because there’s just no more money in it, and third parties won’t want it either.

Xbox One would outsell the PS4 by 75,000 units for Sept. 2014

Back in September 2014, Pachter forecast impressive sales for Microsoft’s current-gen behemoth, stating the system would outsell the PS4 by 75,000 units. This was a particularly big month too, with Bungie’s Destiny launching across both formats. As it turns out, the complete opposite happened, with Sony’s system pipping Xbox One to the post in the hardware battle and tripling its numbers over the previous month. In addition, Destiny sold the majority of copies on the PS4. 

MICHAEL PACHTER, NINTENDO SWITCH COULD BE A FLOP

“I think Nintendo is about to make a second attempt to be different…. and I think this will be the second failed attempt. I don't see how Switch can be successful without third party games. If I were Kimishima, the first thing I would do would be to try and secure titles like Red Dead Redemption 2, Madden NFL, Call of Duty, and FIFA. Nintendo needs these titles to sell Switch, if instead productions of this type do not arrive…. well, that would be a problem. "

At Game Monetization Summit analyst also says Call of Duty is a “failure”,

"Call of Duty, I'm calling it a failure... This multiplayer thing being free was a mistake"

Permanent Game Purchases Would Be A More Successful Model For Stadia Than Subscriptions, Says Pachter

“Initially, it appears there is no business model,” said Pachter. “It is clear that games will be available to stream, but it isn’t clear whether the consumer will buy the game, pay for a subscription, or stream games on a ‘rental’ basis based on time. I think the first option is the most likely, and would drive the greatest interest among publishers, as it is like iTunes. The other options are less likely to attract publisher support, but the lack of granularity suggests to me that Google is still thinking about its business model.”

I’d really like to see something this guy actually predicted right without it being too obvious…..

Analyst VS Analyst 

Obviously you will say Pachter is wrong 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, triggr happy ss said:

Analyst VS Analyst 

Obviously you will say Pachter is wrong 

I didn’t say he is wrong about what is said today. 

I just laid out the history of his “analysis” 

Real Smart guy are you ha?!? 

Hope the anxiety routines were in check the whole time I was gone?!? :lol: 

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

I didn’t say he is wrong about what is said today. 

I just laid out the history of his “analysis” 

Real Smart guy are you ha?!? 

Hope the anxiety routines were in check the whole time I was gone?!? :lol: 

They were ,when are you getting banned again?

16 minutes ago, AnK said:

Netflix for instance has 230-240m worldwide subscribers & it’s still not a viable platform to release mega block buster movies Day-1. 

There is one key factor that you are missing out on, Netflix make their own content and release it exclusively. This is what makes GamePass value for money, esp after their recent acquisitions.

18 minutes ago, AnK said:

The games that are being made available on GamesPass 8-16 months post release are being sold the most on PS & then secondly on Steam. 
It is not going to be as easy as ppl make it sound like to remove the Day-1 to Day 200 outright sales on these platforms. 

The developers will have a real hard time to recoup the cost let alone break a profit under a subscription model which is limited to 100m subscribers. 
(Basically what Shawn Layden said) 

The publishers (developers work on salary with a bonus component tied to sales usually - different for indies) who release games day-1 on subscription service are well compensated by the said service, if they don't see value in that, they won't release it. For games that come onto GPU post launch period, the publishers will be getting a lumpsum cash injection.

Taking the example of Deaths Door, @Assassins Creed bought it on XSX, while I downloaded it once it came on GPU. Sales will continue to happen if its a quality game. And people who wouldn't have bought it, will get exposure to the devs/publisher once it comes onto the subscription service. 

1 hour ago, psinide said:

Sony is definitely behind in terms of subscription services, but they have a solid list of IPs that even the Acti acquisition didn't dent.  

IPs you say :roflroll:

This is list of top 10 video game characters as per Guinness Book of World records. Sony ips are pretty unknown outside core gaming circles.

1.    Mario (Donkey Kong, Nintendo, 1981)
2.    Link (The Legend of Zelda, Nintendo, 1986)
3.    Master Chief (Halo: Combat Evolved, Microsoft, 2001)
4.    Solid Snake (Metal Gear, Konami, 1987)
5.    Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII, Square, 1997)
6.    PAC-Man (PAC-Man, Namco, 1980)
7.    Lara Croft (Tomb Raider, Eidos 1996)
8.    Gordon Freeman (Half-Life, Valve, 1998)
9.    Kratos (God of War, Sony, 2005)
10.  Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega, 1990

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/16/guinness-names-top-50-video-game-characters-of-all-time.aspx

3 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

IPs you say :roflroll:

This is list of top 10 video game characters as per Guinness Book of World records. Sony ips are pretty unknown outside core gaming circles.

1.    Mario (Donkey Kong, Nintendo, 1981)
2.    Link (The Legend of Zelda, Nintendo, 1986)
3.    Master Chief (Halo: Combat Evolved, Microsoft, 2001)
4.    Solid Snake (Metal Gear, Konami, 1987)
5.    Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII, Square, 1997)
6.    PAC-Man (PAC-Man, Namco, 1980)
7.    Lara Croft (Tomb Raider, Eidos 1996)
8.    Gordon Freeman (Half-Life, Valve, 1998)
9.    Kratos (God of War, Sony, 2005)
10.  Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega, 1990

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/16/guinness-names-top-50-video-game-characters-of-all-time.aspx

Snake & Cloud were synonymous with the Playstation brand. And we are talking about core gaming circles, casual crowd is now mainly on mobile. 

Sony has capable studios, they just need to price it in a way where their 1st party releases as day-1 offerings make it worth it. It will need to undercut GPU as Sony can't match MS in the sheer volumes that MS can churn out over time. But imagine all PS Destiny players getting future expansions for free, it can turn out to be a great offering, all depends on the price.

Playstation IP’s sold Atleast a 120m+ in combined sales during the PS4 generation. 

Lol ppl who thinks it’s a laughable credential just coz they create new IP’s every generation instead of sticking to same characters are quite frankly laughable subjects themselves. 

1 hour ago, psinide said:

There is one key factor that you are missing out on, Netflix make their own content and release it exclusively. This is what makes GamePass value for money, esp after their recent acquisitions.

The publishers (developers work on salary with a bonus component tied to sales usually - different for indies) who release games day-1 on subscription service are well compensated by the said service, if they don't see value in that, they won't release it. For games that come onto GPU post launch period, the publishers will be getting a lumpsum cash injection.

Taking the example of Deaths Door, @Assassins Creed bought it on XSX, while I downloaded it once it came on GPU. Sales will continue to happen if its a quality game. And people who wouldn't have bought it, will get exposure to the devs/publisher once it comes onto the subscription service. 

First & Foremost movies & specially the ones made by OTT platforms don’t require a budget of a AAA game. 
You can get your Medium,Ascent,Bright Memory,CrossfireX,Gunk out of it but not stuff like even Deathloop or Returnal let alone AAA’s that Sony churns out. 

M$ may buy every publisher or gaming house out there & think that it’ll make the 180m core gaming demographic into 2billion but it is actually easier said than done. 

It is a major gamble end of the day & saying that it will sure shot become the new norm just coz it has the genius expertise of Phill Spencer behind it…..is kinda far fetched by anyone’s standards. 

Time will tell us I guess.

Edited by AnK

27 minutes ago, AnK said:

It is a major gamble end of the day & saying that it will sure shot become the new norm just coz it has the genius expertise of Phill Spencer behind it…..is kinda far fetched by anyone’s standards. 

Time will tell us I guess.

You sound like someone who owned a lot of Blockbuster stock

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

A single MS IP sold more than that. Laughable numbers. 

Lmao that IP sells most on Playstation. :lol: 

Not to mention every other platform available. 

What I share is only & only on PS4. 

It’s much to fathom,I understand. 

6 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

what kind of analyst are you?
Time will tell?

I mean come on… do the analysis… :rofl:

I ain’t stupid to write success or failure of something far fetched.

What do you think I am….an Xbot ?!?

5 hours ago, AnK said:

Pachter: This Is The Final Generation

March 25, 2009

“I think we’ve seen the last generation of consoles,” Pachter said at the GamesBeatconference today. What Pachter saw in his crystal ball was this: Nintendo might release an upgraded Wii with HD and more storage, but Sony and Microsoft probably won’t release another console. That’s because there’s just no more money in it, and third parties won’t want it either.

Xbox One would outsell the PS4 by 75,000 units for Sept. 2014

Back in September 2014, Pachter forecast impressive sales for Microsoft’s current-gen behemoth, stating the system would outsell the PS4 by 75,000 units. This was a particularly big month too, with Bungie’s Destiny launching across both formats. As it turns out, the complete opposite happened, with Sony’s system pipping Xbox One to the post in the hardware battle and tripling its numbers over the previous month. In addition, Destiny sold the majority of copies on the PS4. 

MICHAEL PACHTER, NINTENDO SWITCH COULD BE A FLOP

“I think Nintendo is about to make a second attempt to be different…. and I think this will be the second failed attempt. I don't see how Switch can be successful without third party games. If I were Kimishima, the first thing I would do would be to try and secure titles like Red Dead Redemption 2, Madden NFL, Call of Duty, and FIFA. Nintendo needs these titles to sell Switch, if instead productions of this type do not arrive…. well, that would be a problem. "

At Game Monetization Summit analyst also says Call of Duty is a “failure”,

"Call of Duty, I'm calling it a failure... This multiplayer thing being free was a mistake"

Permanent Game Purchases Would Be A More Successful Model For Stadia Than Subscriptions, Says Pachter

“Initially, it appears there is no business model,” said Pachter. “It is clear that games will be available to stream, but it isn’t clear whether the consumer will buy the game, pay for a subscription, or stream games on a ‘rental’ basis based on time. I think the first option is the most likely, and would drive the greatest interest among publishers, as it is like iTunes. The other options are less likely to attract publisher support, but the lack of granularity suggests to me that Google is still thinking about its business model.”

I’d really like to see something this guy actually predicted right without it being too obvious…..

Lmao who is this guy :rofl: Successor to Phail Spencer he could be for sure  based on his Supreme Analyst :rofl:

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

A single MS IP sold more than that. Laughable numbers. 

MS bought IP? which one Mr.  @iam?

11 minutes ago, hope said:

MS bought IP? which one Mr.  @iam?

He is talking about Minecraft. 

Tmrw he might count Windows Solitaire too as that’s M$ IP aswell. 

& then later say him being stupid to do that is in fact yours & my problem. 

Edited by AnK

46 minutes ago, AnK said:

He is talking about Minecraft. 

Tmrw he might count Windows Solitaire too as that’s M$ IP aswell. 

& then later say him being stupid to do that is in fact yours & my problem. 

We must symphatize with them bro. For the last 20 years, they are getting only Halolol and Phurphurza, let them be happy by calling Minecraft their own :lol:

According to these guys, 100 million users will be paying monthly to get imaginary blockbuster ip's,  fillers n has been games :rofl:

These guys be studying Last of us2 as well so that they can copy it and produce half of it bare minimum. 

Car models seems to be little more detailed in GT 7 but Horizon 5 wins easy in everything else and its an open world racer. 

GT7 environments looks dated and bad. It looks more like an updated version of GT Sports 

Edited by WhiteWolf