The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

1) fuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkk!!!!!

2) I am on the last act of Gears 4 @30fps and they fps boosted it to 60fps now ? will have to backtrack to act 3 or so. Gears 4 with 4k@60fps is the peak of graphics fidelity :majesty: The Coalition managed to surprise and exceeded my expectations and I have played almost every AAA PS exclusive from the PS4 gen. 

3) Assassin’s Creed unity bought digital at ₹78 but was patched to 30fps. Now it’s unlocked to 60fps. Xbox you beauty. Bhai kitna rulayega ?

Gears 4 already had 60fps option on One X but at 1080p

12 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yes I searched for a FarCry 5 video last night to see how it looks 

Was looking like 1080p60 to me 

definitely didn’t feel like 4k 

In Fallout 4 there is a glitch that can be used to get a 4k unlocked Framerate which averages out at 50 or so FPS 

no such option in these games?!? 

I was under the impression that performance mode in gears 4 is unlocked FPS which leads to a perfect 1080p@60fps on SX/S even before this boost mode 

It wasn’t?!?

Typo

before boost, performance mode was 1080p@60fps

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's probably running at 4k 60 now. Otherwise it makes no sense at all. 

after fps boost, there’s no performance mode in settings. It runs at 1080p 60 - no other option 

Edited by 0verlord

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

How do you know it's running at 1080p?

because I checked it. It looks the same as performance mode before fps boost - blurry and mushy

I owna 65 inch LG OLED and sit 6 feet from the TV and I can easily see the MASSIVE downgrade of image quality after fps boost.

if you untick the fps boost toggle, you get the 2 “pre-fps boost” modes back, so it’s easy to check side by side 

4 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

because I checked it. It looks the same as performance mode before fps boost - blurry and mushy

I owna 65 inch LG OLED and sit 6 feet from the TV and I can easily see the MASSIVE downgrade of image quality after fps boost.

if you untick the fps boost toggle, you get the 2 “pre-fps boost” modes back, so it’s easy to check side by side 

Likely to be a bug. They'll sort it out. 

^^ refer this list of games with fps boost and look at the column "Off by default". If the game you want to check has it off by default, it means it will run on lower resolution to achieve the fps boost. I am not sure if it reduces the graphics settings. But, I guess you checked it back to back, so it might be the case.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

If I ever go into management, I would study under uncle Phil. The guy has got people excited over FPS and resolution boosts of previous gen games and not just that, he convinced people that its the best thing ever. I am not sure if it's a good thing or not but this gen is very weird. 

Now before people plaster a Pony sticker on my a*s, even PS5 has way less things going for it other than couple of exclusives. The talk of resolution and FPS is all what I hear now. I hope exclusives from both sides come sooner because as a person who just wants to play new games,  I can't wait to get back to it.

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

Also conveniently sliding away the fact that you are essentially trading resolution with FPS in most of the performance heavy games 

Some real good hypnotics/blind eyes going on under the hood 

How is giving options for free a bad thing ? Also it funny coming from you specially after year of begging for a 60fps mode for bloodborne. 

20 minutes ago, b!T said:

If I ever go into management, I would study under uncle Phil. The guy has got people excited over FPS and resolution boosts of previous gen games and not just that, he convinced people that its the best thing ever. I am not sure if it's a good thing or not but this gen is very weird. 

Yup, this is what's quite strange to me. People are hailing this like it's the best thing since the invention of wheels. When in reality, any PC that's above potato level has been doing 60 fps-120 fps for years now and all those titles are bargain bins going for 200 Rs - 500 Rs. Heck many have been given out for free as well.

GPU day and date game releases - amazing. Giving Outriders, Outer Worlds and other such games Day 1 - mind blowing. But claiming a 60 fps patch for bargain bin titles makes it the best console ever - strange. 

I'm more hyped by the new additions to the GPU, and seeing what Obsidian does with the MS money. PoE is one of the best CRPGs out there, and with a free hand, it can become one of the finest titles period, beating the likes of Dragon Age and such. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Edited by roun90

18 minutes ago, AnK said:

Also conveniently sliding away the fact that you are essentially trading resolution with FPS in most of the performance heavy games 

Some real good hypnotics/blind eyes going on under the hood 

its mentioned right there in the article. what do you mean "conveniently sliding away"?

5 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Yup, this is what's quite strange to me. People are hailing this like it's the best thing since the invention of wheels. When in reality, any PC that's above potato level has been doing 60 fps-120 fps for years now and all those titles are bargain bins going for 200 Rs - 500 Rs. Heck many have been given out for free as well.

GPU day and date game releases - amazing. Giving Outriders, Outer Worlds and other such games Day 1 - mind blowing. But claiming a 60 fps patch for bargain bin titles makes it the best console ever - strange. 

I'm more hyped by the new additions to the GPU, and seeing what Obsidian does with the MS money. PoE is one of the best CRPGs out there, and with a free hand, it can become one of the finest titles period, beating the likes of Dragon Age and such. But hey, that's just my opinion.

23 minutes ago, b!T said:

Now before people plaster a Pony sticker on my a*s, even PS5 has way less things going for it other than couple of exclusives. The talk of resolution and FPS is all what I hear now. I hope exclusives from both sides come sooner because as a person who just wants to play new games,  I can't wait to get back to it.

its ok to get excited about certain things, while not consider some other things to be such big deals. Other people might be excited about things you find dull and not find your excitement so hot. This is how the world works. Nothing new. 

11 minutes ago, roun90 said:

who hailed it as best invention since wheels ? :roflroll:

Edited by hsk_colossus

1 minute ago, AnK said:

I meant in the tweets & the presentation of such titles under the “boost” radar 

90% ppl don’t read every nook & corner of the entire article 

Xbox/M$ & their circle jerk unit should mention this in headlines 

instead of the article 

Like you mean to say "Experience 60fps on Xbox games at the cost of resolution"? 

Any gamer worth his salt knows that if you want a resolution boost, you are gonna trade fps and vice-versa. From what I know, it's the 120fps titles that have a significant resolution hit. Most of the other games simply leverage the base resolution and boost the fps (with the X1X enhanced titles being the exception with a couple more variables).