The Xbox Series X|S thread

4 minutes ago, adity said:

I'll buy ps5 as soon as I can. Will try to source it from dubai. 

Nice! Is it easy to source one from Dubai? I mean, how would you go about it? Import it from a retailer or do you any relatives in Dubai? Or are you planning a trip?

I'm genuinely curious to know as I'm exploring different options myself.

35 minutes ago, -13- said:

Games aside, anyone here who's planning to buy the next-gen consoles in the first year solely on the basis of *i-love-new-tech*?

PS - I am. :fear:

PS5 + GT7 + Wheel = Set for Months. 

When GT5 released, I actually stuck the official wheel setup's pedals to my room floor with f**king feviquik and what not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rAgHaV said:

PS5 + GT7 + Wheel = Set for Months. 

When GT5 released, I actually stuck the official wheel setup's pedals to my room floor with f**king feviquik and what not.

That is my plan as well. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure why I didn't get one this gen. I guess with the job and all... :ack: But not this time!

39 minutes ago, -13- said:

Games aside, anyone here who's planning to buy the next-gen consoles in the first year solely on the basis of *i-love-new-tech*?

Intend to buy PS5 within the first few months of launch.

And XSX later on if they do the "koi to le lo" sales again.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, -13- said:

That is my plan as well. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure why I didn't get one this gen. I guess with the job and all... :ack: But not this time!

Same dude. Got no wheel this gen and actually skipped GT Sport :fear1: Lockdown basically brought me back to gaming, have a few huge PS4 titles to wind up and then I'd be PS5 ready. 

Edited by rAgHaV

Just now, rAgHaV said:

Same dude. Got no wheel this gen and actually skipped GT Sport :fear1: Lockdown basically brought me back the gaming, have a few huge PS4 titles to wind up and then I'd be PS5 ready. 

Literally. I used to play around an hour a day. Even though this lockdown is f**ked up, it has brought me (somewhat) back to my old days. I hope it stays the same afterwards.

Just f**k work life! :(

13 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

International flights toh khule. I have many friends waiting to come from US, UK and Dubai.

Is it a lot cheaper to buy in the UK too? 

My dad bought my PS4 Pro from US because it was cheaper there, but not possible next time.

My brother lives in London though, so will ask him if the price difference is worth it. 

15 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I was looking forward for Lockhart if the price was good and releasing in India alongside all countries. Especially since i have 1080p displays and if i have to get ps5, i need to spend on upgrading TV as well.

I have a fast 1080p monitor for my multiplayer games and a slow 4k tv for the single player but I rarely ever play on the TV (because the missus :fear:). Will have to upgrade the monitor next-gen though.

Just now, HundredProofSam said:

I think my racing wheel days are behind me. They occupy too much space and I game in the living room.

I played Forza and GT Sport with the controller. I thought I would hate it but it's not so bad. I'm sure wheel would be way better though.

Yeah, the space is a problem here as well. :/

Sam, have you heard any rumors if the XSX is going to launch in India along the global launch? I mean it's obvious that the PS5 will (Amazon listing and all) but there's been no news on the XSX. Which I guess is an indication that it won't. <_<

10 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I think my racing wheel days are behind me. They occupy too much space and I game in the living room.

I played Forza and GT Sport with the controller. I thought I would hate it but it's not so bad. I'm sure wheel would be way better though.

In GT5 Days, my mom used to hate the clutter so much that she would get the sh*t packed up whenever I wasn't around. Saw feviquick ad once and then life was set. :P

This gen the only racing game that I played A LOT was driveclub (with the controller :() Also would GT7 have an official wheel? 

Edited by rAgHaV

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Disaster would be putting it mildly. . At launch you couldn't Even bring up the xmb menu ingame without closing the game first. Couldn't chat, no bg music support ( completely useless. was last gens xbox has BC card), psn store was just a web page. Couldnt download games in bg while playing etc etc. 

lol Umang used to tell me about that :rofl: I got the PS3 when In game XMB was there but messaging wasn't possible. 

Sony has nailed the UI game with PS4. Has been stable as f**k since launch and I don't see any missing feature. The PSN ID name change is now possible as well.

1 minute ago, HundredProofSam said:

Oh man, the Microsoft situation in India is so sad right now. No one seems to know who the head of Xbox in India is. Even distributors like E-xpress (which represents all the top publishers) are clueless. It will come for sure because India is important for Microsoft and because they think India is a key market for Xcloud, but no idea when.

Xbox One is being advertised for the upcoming Prime Day so they might do some crazy clearance sale. I'm hoping that's in preparation for XSX.

Ah! Thanks for the updates. I've been so out of touch this gen I've no clue what's happening. A while back, I was watching some random stuff on YouTube and found out that Anshu Mor has left MS and is now a stand-up comedian; and he's actually really good at it. :lol:

Things have changed so much.

2 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

lol Umang used to tell me about that :rofl: I got the PS3 when In game XMB was there but messaging wasn't possible.

I used to know a guy named Umang back in the 360 days. He was darn good at Gears. Are you talking about the same guy? His GT was 'Barn...' something.

All of y'all seem to have piles of 50k just laying around somewhere.

>Buying consoles on launch day.

I got burned very bad buying PS4 early in launch, like if i'd brought PS4Pro in 2017-18 or so i'd have the best PS4 variant doing 4K, even if it's jhol 4K but still, lots of affordable exclusive games, cheaper PS+ yearly sub, those 10/10 PSN sales they have had in these past 2-3 years, Good PS+ Free Games instead of indie bhindi garbage from 2014 etc.

Instead my PS4 was collecting dust only for 1-2 years between major exclusive launches, because  i use the PC as my main platform.

Will probably spend 50k upgrading the dabba with Ryzen 3600 and 16GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB SSD, still have to buy and plat P5R, Days Gone, TLOU2, GoT etc on PS4, get PS5 when  it's all fine aged wine in 2023 i guess

8 minutes ago, -13- said:

that Anshu Mor has left MS and is now a stand-up comedian; and he's actually really good at it. :lol:

Things have changed so much.

+1 :roflroll:

I watched like good 1-2hrs of his shows a couple of yrs back, then that where have I seen this guy? thought kicked in and eventually I was like acha abh ye yahan bhi comedy kar rahe hain :devil:

Edited by rAgHaV