The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Sukhoi crash is confirmed. Taiwan being behind is not. Dont think china will directly invade Taiwan, if they do it means they'll have to spill American blood which I don't think they want. Will most likely do some land grab in Nepal and call Mount Everest as Chinese territory. 

>Grab some land.

Dude, all of Nepal is now Chinese Territory :rofl:

Bahardurs love bearing their fangs at us now that they have their new Middle Kingdom masters. :lol:

China's stunts since the last one year have opened my eyes to the omnipotent power of money.

The power of large market blinds the planet to land grabs, irresponsible handling of a disease that becomes a global pandemic, oppression of ethnic minorities, open threats to governments of foreign countries etc etc

7 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

China's stunts since the last one year have opened my eyes to the omnipotent power of money.

The power of large market blinds the planet to land grabs, irresponsible handling of a disease that becomes a global pandemic, oppression of ethnic minorities, open threats to governments of foreign countries etc etc

Dude.... just google the open letter that Prague's mayor shot to the Chinese foreign minister. Its so hilarious that you'll refuse to believe it's real. :rofl:

13 minutes ago, Walker said:

Pretty much like we were hearing way back (f**k that was only 6 months ago) how covid would not be a health emergency and it would have no impact on economy.

Yes.

It would have no impact on precisely one country's economy

1498403883746.png

Our country meanwhile will be on the level of Brazil, SA and Russia's "stagnant economies" soon, with nobody wanting to invest in India, the IT "Boom" going out and Sarkar being stingy in terms of pumping cash into the economy.

They harp on Make in India/Atmanirbhar Bharat but nobody wants to invest in India for export, domestic market is very limited, and you can never attain scale with robust exports.

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Yes.

It would have no impact on precisely one country's economy

True

Our country meanwhile will be on the level of Brazil, SA and Russia's "stagnant economies" soon

Sadly this too is true :(

Made the mistake of having a look at the numbers after a looong time. Wish I didn't. Scary AF especially considering we haven't even peaked yet.

On another note fuccckkk my electricity bills have tripled since March which is weird considering I've been wfh since 2018 and wifey since 2013. Zero change in habits. In fact I actually game less now and TV hardly gets any use since daughter uses the tab for most things.

Edited by Walker

55 minutes ago, Walker said:

Made the mistake of having a look at the numbers after a looong time. Wish I didn't. Scary AF especially considering we haven't even peaked yet.

On another note fuccckkk my electricity bills have tripled since March which is weird considering I've been wfh since 2018 and wifey since 2013. Zero change in habits. In fact I actually game less now and TV hardly gets any use since daughter uses the tab for most things.

MSEB has some garbage explanation for this saying that they have added the past 3 months average usage into a single months bill.

so bill of this month came to 5k :rofl:

normally it is 1k

Even Public Sector cos want to loot us now :furious:

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

MSEB has some garbage explanation for this saying that they have added the past 3 months average usage into a single months bill.

so bill of this month came to 5k :rofl:

normally it is 1k

Even Public Sector cos want to loot us now :furious:

Dude really. Fk off mseb. The cases here are so much that i fear going to the super crowded office.

This month also its double for me. f**kers. 

Anything can be done online? Please share

yeah I'm too scared. There are so many people at the electricity department fighting, I saw them and went back home.

Worst of all cant even log in to the website to check the bill due to some DB error. Raised some 10 tickets about it. Can't even check the usage because no paper bills have been sent.

Edited by Walker

1 minute ago, hope said:

Dude really. Fk off mseb. The cases here are so much that i fear going to the super crowded office.

This month also its double for me. f**kers. 

Anything can be done online? Please share

idk but court case hoga zaroor.

Possibly a lot of court cases.

A LOT of people are being looted by MSEB, and there is no quick recourse, you know how court cases are.

Media walas busy with Sushant case so you don't hear news about this

about a month ago this was big news for a week, people all over Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane etc were mad over insanely huge electricity bills :ranting:

Even if our MSEB overlords graciously give us a  refund you can be sure it will be pocketed by certain government employees in some scam(s)

1 minute ago, adity said:

They're just reading meters, man. Basically billed as per estimates for 3 - 3 months then billed as per actual usage in July or August. Nothing insidious about it. 1 month its more but it'll normalise after next month. 

You can always go and check your meter if you're doubtful. 

Yes but we still have to pay these insane amounts :cry:

Edited by PhantomShade

2 minutes ago, adity said:

They're just reading meters, man. Basically billed as per estimates for 3 - 3 months then billed as per actual usage in July or August. Nothing insidious about it. 1 month its more but it'll normalise after next month. 

You can always go and check your meter if you're doubtful. 

I disagree I've paid 3 inflated bills without receiving a bill so far. And its inflated to more than 3 times the normal amount. And I've been working from home way before this.

Just now, adity said:

I got a sheet with the month wise working and it showed about 20 percent higher consumption which made sense to me. You should ask for a working. Second thing is 3x is unusual. The billings are supposed to be on some estimates not just willy nilly. Also, check your meter to see if it tallies with their meter reading. Obviously it won't match exactly but you can arrive at the number by estimating your usage since the meter reading based on past bills. 

I know. I just need to see the meter reading but we haven't received the paper bills and the online site isn't allowing logins for quite a while now so can't tally anything :(

I don't think walker had mseb bills. Mseb already has a calculator on their sites. We have lot of people in our society making huge noise about inflated bills, but when they entered their unit amounts etc in that calculator, it was correct and they cooled off.