The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Atleast those three have ample minerals, oil, or agricultural products to export.

We have neither of those :(

We have minerals too, but for some reason they are always found in Naxal infested areas.

My in-laws town in MP has Maganese, people dig 10-15ft and they get bunch of rocks to sell in black market.

A Chinese company is involved in mining there, rumour has it that they have found some rare earth metal there, and they are smuggling it out.

They recently laid off many Indian workers calling them Covid infected.

This should’ve been one of the biggest news....but no one fking cares in India if you grease the palms.

https://www.naidunia.com/madhya-pradesh/balaghat-chinese-company-in-balagaht-chinese-company-moil-in-balaghat-cheated-with-indian-workers-and-fire-then-in-name-of-coronavirus-5652424

11 hours ago, Right said:

We have minerals too, but for some reason they are always found in Naxal infested areas.

My in-laws town in MP has Maganese, people dig 10-15ft and they get bunch of rocks to sell in black market.

A Chinese company is involved in mining there, rumour has it that they have found some rare earth metal there, and they are smuggling it out.

They recently laid off many Indian workers calling them Covid infected.

This should’ve been one of the biggest news....but no one fking cares in India if you grease the palms.

https://www.naidunia.com/madhya-pradesh/balaghat-chinese-company-in-balagaht-chinese-company-moil-in-balaghat-cheated-with-indian-workers-and-fire-then-in-name-of-coronavirus-5652424

Steal our land, steal our minerals somewhere else

we don't care :majesty:

btw the Naxal/Maoist tribals mushroom in those areas precisely because minerals, imagine the amount of money they can extort from everyone .

Edited by PhantomShade

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

Lol best experience ever. Some early twenty something dude walks into the grocery store. No mask and breathing heavily. There's me and one other customer, this moron and the shopkeeper. The other customer is an old guy about 60+. Everyone is in a mask except the young dude. I say where's your mask (me and the old dude have already moved a distance away unconsciously)

Young dude say all this is propaganda. Mask does nothing and some other blah blah blah freedom freedom bullshit.

I say dude whatever you want to believe is fine but then why you risking your and others life man. By this time the shopkeeper is pissed. He suddenly came round the counter and told the guy to either wear a mask or get lost. Young dude starts yelling about rights and other unrelated crap. Shopkeeper took a stick and gave him 3 -4 solid hits and that guy ran away.

I think your shopkeeper has figured out the secret to fixing America's problem 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adity said:

In America, everyone especially idiots have guns. Complicates it a bit. 

True. By the time you get your stick out, you have three shells in your chest and you're finished.

Edit: I just realised this sounds very weird :fear1: Anyway this is off-topic hehe

Edited by Chirag2001

18 minutes ago, Walker said:

Lol best experience ever. Some early twenty something dude walks into the grocery store. No mask and breathing heavily. There's me and one other customer, this moron and the shopkeeper. The other customer is an old guy about 60+. Everyone is in a mask except the young dude. I say where's your mask (me and the old dude have already moved a distance away unconsciously)

Young dude say all this is propaganda. Mask does nothing and some other blah blah blah freedom freedom bullshit.

I say dude whatever you want to believe is fine but then why you risking your and others life man. By this time the shopkeeper is pissed. He suddenly came round the counter and told the guy to either wear a mask or get lost. Young dude starts yelling about rights and other unrelated crap. Shopkeeper took a stick and gave him 3 -4 solid hits and that guy ran away.

Bc I was laughing so hard lol.

18 minutes ago, adity said:

What is this American nonsense. 

11 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I think your shopkeeper has figured out the secret to fixing America's problem 

hqdefault.jpg

Based shopkeeper, did nothing wrong

btw American shopkeepers are not non-lethal like ours all of them seem to have guns, incase like Tyrone(s) appear and ask them to empty their cash register into a bag :rofl:

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Steal our land, steal our minerals somewhere else

we don't care :majesty:

btw the Naxal/Maoist tribals mushroom in those areas precisely because minerals, imagine the amount of money they can extort from everyone .

Yeah, this area used to have Maoist influence...this town is close to Kanha kisli...so govt stuck deals with naxals to keep them away to get tourists.

Now, you can see many illegal small quarries around the town, which everyone ignored. My Inlaws family lost a piece of land to one of such naxal/goon. Who has no interest in using that land other than digging out manganese.
My FIL said he will move out once he has dug 20-25 ft.

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

hqdefault.jpg

Based shopkeeper, did nothing wrong

btw American shopkeepers are not non-lethal like ours all of them seem to have guns, incase like Tyrone(s) appear and ask them to empty their cash register into a bag :rofl:

I like Russian shopkeepers:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Which is this golden film :rofl:

Similar scene in a movie called guilty on netflix. When the lawyer questions the rape accused's woke friend he says "i plead the fifth" to which the lawyer says yaha American constitution nahi chalta. :rofl:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Walker said:

Bc I was laughing so hard lol.

Man, wish i was there to experience that.. 

3 minutes ago, adity said:

I'm pretty sure we have equivalents to those rights in India. 

Its called: I don't remember or I was forced to give the statement under duress. There is nothing called as perjury in India (it is but rarely used) in criminal trials, because assumption is that interested parties witnesses lie. So they don't need to plead the fifth or use any fancy words, they can just lie blatantly.

11 minutes ago, adity said:

Article 20(3) of the constitution says that no person accused of any offence shall be compelled to be a witness against himself. This is based upon a legal maxim which means that No man is bound to accuse himself. The accused is presumed to be innocent till his guilt is proved. It is the duty of the prosecution to establish his guilt. 

This is pretty much what fifth amendment is about. 

There is also the doctrine of Habeus Corpus by which you can force cops to present in your case in court. This can help avoid illegal detention. 

You are also allowed to consult a lawyer at any point. Cops could flout it but then any evidence collected that way would be thrown out with a good lawyer. 

India is not lacking in constitutional rights. 

Article 20(3) is bypassed in many cases, for example in Section 125 when Delhi High Court has mandated the respondent to submit his income, property and ITR details as part of 40 page affidavit, thereby becoming a witness against himself (a guy has challenged this in SC, lets see how it goes). And that accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty is also a joke especially in section 304b, 375 (evidence act 114(b) for this) and bunch of other sections. Then there is a concept of "Victim Compensation" going upto 12 lakhs in Anticipatory Bail proceedings, where the Chargesheet isn't even filed and Court decides that Complainant is a Victim already. The entire Judiciary system is so f**ked in India, and the amendments and new Acts just contradict each other and no one gives a f**k or doesnt have time and money to challenge this in upper courts.

Police flout Supreme Court's 41-a guidelines all the time and detain people illegally, because they know that very rarely people will go or afford to go to HC for habeus corpus or get them suspended by effective use of RTI (this has been done few times BTW). Section 182, 340. 344 are rarely used to punish false cases or blatantly giving false evidences or lying in courts. Most of the system is just a big f**king joke.

Anyways, article 20(3) applies only for the prime accused. What KC mentioned was the accused's friend who tried to plead the 5th like US. There is no such thing for other witnesses in India. But they can use what I mentioned, which is I forgot or I was forced to give that statement etc.

• Like 2