IVG Game Library - Rules and Guidelines

HundredProofSam

13 hours ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

OK then, will let u know about it. Haven't actually played death stranding, had it for over a year tho. Started it but then I got bored running after 3 hours with absolutely nothing else to the game so ditched it (gotta say tho, HZD and GoT level beautiful game). Probably won't play it anytime soon so will mostly donate. Still will let you know soon. Just to clarify, after donating death stranding, do I become a library member or do I need to get rep points after donating to enter the library and thus borrow? Also I can temporarily retract the game after the borrowing period of a member is over right (in case I want to play it)?

PS : Either ways I will mostly donate death stranding unless I decide to play that after RnC (highly unlikely) in which case I'll donate it a bit later but yes I'll eventually donate death stranding.

Yes, once you donate, you can be a member and borrow games. However you can't retract your game if you already have a game borrowed from the library. 

I had a question regarding the rules. Since u can borrow only one game at a time, what would I do if I had a game borrowed and the borrowing period was at its end and there is no one else in line for the game, the donor wants me to hold onto it instead of sending it back and I want to borrow another game. Do I have to wait till doner asks it back or until there is someone in line or can I borrow another game?

On 9/12/2021 at 11:01 AM, Horizon Days Dawn said:

I had a question regarding the rules. Since u can borrow only one game at a time, what would I do if I had a game borrowed and the borrowing period was at its end and there is no one else in line for the game, the donor wants me to hold onto it instead of sending it back and I want to borrow another game. Do I have to wait till doner asks it back or until there is someone in line or can I borrow another game?

As long as the owner confirms he doesn't want it back, you can borrow another game. This is to save on unnecessary shipping costs. But we may not allow a member to hold on to more than 2 games because don't think it is a good idea for some person to hold a lot of games.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Ani23 said:

Getting my ps5 soon and am interested in becoming a member are there in karma requirements or can i become a part just by donating a relevant game.

MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA

20 reputation points + 5 positive trading feedbacks OR 50 reputation points

Feedback system is busted for now so you need some reputation points. Be active and participate in the discussions going on and you will soon qualify.

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, b!T said:

In order to increase the addition of recent games, was thinking of adding a rule that every member has to renew their donation with a newer game after certain period like one or two years. What do you guys think?

@HundredProofSam

@Assassins Creed

@Mr. Comingle

I agree. Time period to change should be 6 or 12 months.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

What's the current guideline for the duration of borrowing and the number of games which can be borrowed?

The actual duration is 2 weeks but generally extended for RPGs and long a*s games. Ideally you can borrow only one game but there were scenarios where members finished a game and wants to borrow another are generally allowed to do so because the first game is not in demand. So he can keep the first game until the owner wants it back or someone else wants to borrow it. This is done to avoid unnecessary shipping charges.