Microsoft acquires Bethesda Softworks

KnackChap

1 minute ago, AnK said:

I don’t think it was lifetime ban 

plus just for the lulz they might 

bots around the world have seen a really hard time last gen 

it’s time to rejoice with finally a massive good news

They don't care. They just come here to poke ponies and then move on with their life lol

1 minute ago, gecko89 said:

Ok, I'm curious. What does one have to do to get perma banned from a forum like this?! Like what's the limit that one should never cross? 

Only scammers and bots (the bad ones that spam adverts) get perma-banned. Otherwise we got people sitting on 10+ warning yet still continue to troll :lol: 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Only scammers and bots (the bad ones that spam adverts) get perma-banned. Otherwise we got people sitting on 10+ warning yet still continue to troll :lol: 

I got banned twice few years back, once for not agreeing with a mod in a discussion and second time abusing the same mod soon after the ban was lifted :roflroll: 

So don't know what it takes for someone to be perma banned.:rofl:

1 minute ago, HundredProofSam said:

That’s the problem right? The people buying MS games on Steam are obviously not GP subscribers. And once they are GP subscribers they will stop buying those games on Steam.

Unless I am missing the logic of having the game on GP and also buying on Steam. Don’t think Steam loyalty is that strong.

People like adding fav. games to their library. Those who only wanna play a halo or fallout or ES are just gonna buy it instead of year long subs. These are long a*s games which people play for years.

4 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

That’s the problem right? The people buying MS games on Steam are obviously not GP subscribers. And once they are GP subscribers they will stop buying those games on Steam.

Unless I am missing the logic of having the game on GP and also buying on Steam. Don’t think Steam loyalty is that strong.

They prefer buying upfront than through GP. Also have u met Spin?

Also this has to be most cringy a*s thread on gaf

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/people-laughed-at-him-doubted-him-and-yet-he-triumphed.1567523/

:rofl: omg

Edited by WhiteWolf

54 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yes from ground up, I could use some of the parts for my next build (that is secondary) what funny is the consoles got the enhanced version of the base consoles within the generation (within 3 years) and people hopped in to buy their enhanced consoles at high prices. My base PS4 is shite as it only can run exclusives, for other games it's useless (tried some Destiny 2 on PS4 and it literally takes 10 seconds to load my inventory not to mention the gameplay) 

If I want to I might keep on using my current rig this entire generation and it still would suffice me. 

As Joe said the initial build will be costly but later it'll give out better value. 

Its like saying - Buy a penthouse for 1 crores that will serve you and your family life long but problem is 1 crore laaun khaha se :P

Consoles is not penthouse. Its your regular good quality apartment that will serve you for long time but you will not get penthouse experience :P

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

lol I’m glad no one brought up this as a success for this goofy twit 

It’s written Satya Nadella all over this acquisition & I’m glad he & the whole M$ machinery is taking gaming & gamers seriously now 

7.5 billion dollars Damn!!! I literally was thinking about this as I slept 

this is Sony’s nightmare to go head on with M$ now instead of team Xbox 

Phill is Head of all MS entertainment and devices. There is no way Satya will sign the cheque without consulting Phill and his team after all his team handles Xbox 

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 minute ago, AnK said:

Expecting Phill to be replaced in the near future 

he was just scapegoat head until there is a turn around opportunity 

& they finally have it thanks to their cheques 

not actual hardwork 

Replaced lol. Satya likes phill alot. He promoted Phill right away after becoming CEO 

12 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

So basically Phil spencer is the Varun pruthi of gaming. Goes to struggling publishers and says "namaste publishers, mujhe bhagwan ne bheja hai" and buys the whole company. 

images (81).jpeg

22 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Its like saying - Buy a penthouse for 1 crores that will serve you and your family life long but problem is 1 crore laaun khaha se :P

Consoles is not penthouse. Its your regular good quality apartment that will serve you for long time but you will not get penthouse experience :P

chup kar, kuch bhi bole jaa raha hai.. 

teri yeh dursasha ka vyaakhya deta hu

acchi cheez leni ho toh paisa dena padta hai, tum sasta maal loge to maintenance ka kharcha lamba aayega aur bar bar chukana hoga. Costly lekin badiya maal loge to ghaate me nahi jaoge aur tumhara jeevan  sukh aur saubhaagy ke sath jee sakoge. 

aaj dekho log kaise bhaag rahe hai ek conslol ke picchu.. sony ek dheel nahi deta inko.. 

Edited by adity
Swearing

6 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Not necessarily. GP is similar to "Renting Games" and once the $1/50 Rs promotion is over - the rent is going to be substantially more expensive. Look at it this way - you have 1-2 games you want to play on GP. GP will cost you around 600 Rs per month (After offers and Price Increase). The 2 games meanwhile are on Steam for something like 1200 Rs each (Regional Price) and will come down even less on sales. You get to keep them permanently. It's also something you play regularly (like Gears MP/Forza/An SP game that you keep playing because you like it etc.) So which will you choose? You might just try it on GP at launch and then buy on Steam when price is right.

Heck, currently Metro Gold Edition is around 500 Rs on Steam (Permanent Ownership), so even if people have played it or have the Gamepass Subsription live - they can just buy it.

Not to mention, from what I've seen, the normal Gamepass rarely gives DLCs (Only DLCs I've seen are Gears Ultimate with GP Ultimate, don't think I've seen any other DLC on GP)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

From the looks of it, Bethesda will continue to operate as a publisher under Microsoft. So whatever distribution deals they have around the world will likely continue and local pricing will be decided accordingly. Microsoft won't want to cut off those revenues after spending 7.5 billion.

Games Pass is the centre of their business, but they will 100% have to increase the subscription price. Looking at the trends in the video subscription services, growth will slow, especially once you've tapped into your core audience, and more so once you raise the subscription price.

At 15 million subscribers, even assuming that each of these is subscribing to GP Ultimate for a full year, that's $180 per subscriber. That's $2.7 billion in revenue per year. That's peanuts.

But then look at the costs of Game Pass. By adding all first party and Bethesda games to Game Pass they are losing out on sales of those games. There is surely also money being paid to EA for having EA Access included in the subscription. On top of that, there is money being paid out for most third party and indie games on the platform. Plus there are costs connected to streaming and multiplayer services.

All that cost for a $2.7 billion revenue (at best). Their Steam revenues are being canabalised by Game Pass. They will earn from Nintendo and Sony, and they may be getting a cut from in-game transactions, but Game Pass will need to pay for itself eventually and the only way they can do that is upping the subscription price.

MTX sales from the games they are offering for free in GPU will end up making a good amount of money for MS. The way the games are made this gen, a lot of emphasis has been on selling MTX. Players in the first world countries already buy a ton of MTX. With them not paying an upfront $60 for a game, they will be more willing to buy a costume dlc for $2-$5.

10 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Not necessarily. GP is similar to "Renting Games" and once the $1/50 Rs promotion is over - the rent is going to be substantially more expensive. Look at it this way - you have 1-2 games you want to play on GP. GP will cost you around 600 Rs per month (After offers and Price Increase). The 2 games meanwhile are on Steam for something like 1200 Rs each (Regional Price) and will come down even less on sales. You get to keep them permanently. It's also something you play regularly (like Gears MP/Forza/An SP game that you keep playing because you like it etc.) So which will you choose? You might just try it on GP at launch and then buy on Steam when price is right.

Heck, currently Metro Gold Edition is around 500 Rs on Steam (Permanent Ownership), so even if people have played it or have the Gamepass Subsription live - they can just buy it.

Not to mention, from what I've seen, the normal Gamepass rarely gives DLCs (Only DLCs I've seen are Gears Ultimate with GP Ultimate, don't think I've seen any other DLC on GP)

Someone give this guy a year's worth of XBL gold. Perfectly articulated. XBP is a paid service for demos.