Microsoft acquires Bethesda Softworks

KnackChap

7 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Twitter has become almost toxic with the Sony fans complaining about the acquisition. If Sony had bought Bethesda instead of MS literally no one would be talking about Bethesda games coming to Xbox and everyone would be ok with it only being PS exclusive.

And people hating on Phill is like the absolute worst. The 30% chance that Bethesda games will still come to Sony is because Phill is there and that Phill has made Xbox so open about their games on other platforms. If it was Don he would make you buy the series x, new kinetic, new surface tab, get you subscribed to office 365, make you buy the Steven Spielberg Halo TV series and prove your loyalty to your lord and saviour Bill Gates before you can even touch ES6 or Starfield.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

To be honest Anyone would have complained if suddenly 8-10 multiplats that would have released this generation by Bethesda went exclusive . Ms is also not done yet ,might pick up warner too if that opens up again :naughty:.

Also dont see phil also releasing games on the ps5 , y would they pay 30% to sony for each fame sold . They have an sku in the impulse buy territory called the series S to tempt them to buy it as a secondary console . 

Edited by triggr happy ss

4 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

y would they pay 30% to sony for each fame sold

because it would still make them more money overall. 

i keep saying - If the games were going to be exclusives MS would be shouting it from the rooftops.  Its not for no reason they're being so cautious and vague. 

10 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Twitter has become almost toxic with the Sony fans complaining about the acquisition. If Sony had bought Bethesda instead of MS literally no one would be talking about Bethesda games coming to Xbox and everyone would be ok with it only being PS exclusive.

And people hating on Phill is like the absolute worst. The 30% chance that Bethesda games will still come to Sony is because Phill is there and that Phill has made Xbox so open about their games on other platforms. If it was Don he would make you buy the series x, new kinetic, new surface tab, get you subscribed to office 365, make you buy the Steven Spielberg Halo TV series and prove your loyalty to your lord and saviour Bill Gates by sacrificing a PS5 before you can even touch ES6 or Starfield.

I could introduce you to some twitter handles of bots, some of them RT'd by even Greenberg if you want more toxicity. There's even one who was invited by Spencer to Xbox events who was later banned by twitch and youtube for being a racist homophobe. Many of these bots showed their homophobic a*s during TLoU2 launch.

To be honest Anyone would have complained if suddenly 8-10 multiplats that would have released this generation by Bethesda went exclusive . Ms is also not done yet ,might pick up warner too if that opens up again :naughty:.

Just wondering if it would have been same had Sony bought Bethesda and made everything PS exclusive. Atleast with Xbox you can still play then on PC/android. If Sony would have bought them out, am pretty sure it would not come to anything except PS.

I could introduce you to some twitter handles of bots, some of them RT'd by even Greenberg if you want more toxicity. There's even one who was invited by Spencer to Xbox events who was later banned by twitch and youtube for being a racist homophobe. Many of these bots showed their homophobic a*s during TLoU2 launch.

That's the reason I usually keep off twitter because of all the toxicity. The only reason I checked out twitter was because this news was really huge and everywhere I see is people fighting. As a neutral i want all games to be available on all platform, get it on whatever you want to play even if it is a toaster. Exclusives are bad as a consumer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

And people hating on Phill is like the absolute worst. The 30% chance that Bethesda games will still come to Sony is because Phill is there and that Phill has made Xbox so open about their games on other platforms. If it was Don he would make you buy the series x, new kinetic, new surface tab, get you subscribed to office 365, make you buy the Steven Spielberg Halo TV series and prove your loyalty to your lord and saviour Bill Gates by sacrificing a PS5 before you can even touch ES6 or Starfield.

You clearly havent seen the retweets by Greenberg of all the shills taking a dump on PS 24/7. 

There is a cult of bots such as colteastwood, jeff grub etc along with Greenberg, who keep circlejerking.

That isnt to say the PS community is less toxic. The Indian PS community itself has been harassing those poor twittter handlers for PS India. There is even one particular idiot, Kaushik something, who keeps crossing the line with threats and abuses.

Edited by playstationdude
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

i keep saying - If the games were going to be exclusives MS would be shouting it from the rooftops.  Its not for no reason they're being so cautious and vague. 

Or maybe they think there is nothing to announce ? Tell me one 1st party game from sony and Microsoft that has released on the other console except for nintendo and minecraft ? Its just wishful thinking from sony fanboys to expect thing to change .

The games that have been committed will stay obviously due to legal issues along with the ones already released like the old games.

19 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

30% cut plus time and resources to develop games for PS5. 

And next gen game will not be on PS4, and PS5 install base is not 100m like Ps4 which will make MS enough money. So  giving 30% on their new IPs and then devote time and resources for new IPs is pointless. 

Steam and Epic games store way bigger than PS, with bigger install base than what PS5 will have for next gen games. Steam will help MS all the money. Skyrim still top seller on Steam and then you have Switch. Nintendo will have Switch Pro soon. MS have enough options they don't need PS5 to make money. You guys thinking too much. Phill don't want rile up fans but he pretty much setting you ponies for bad news that they will get with Starfield.

Plus MS and Steam both very friendly towards mods whereas Bethesda had to go through lot of problems to put moda for Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PS4. 

Only thing i can see happening, Xbox and PC gets ES6 1st for 1 year and later down the line when sales dead on pc and Xbox they can release 70$ version on PS5. You know lot of ponies will pay that price easily for ES6 lol 

Edited by WhiteWolf

7 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Just wondering if it would have been same had Sony bought Bethesda and made everything PS exclusive. Atleast with Xbox you can still play then on PC/android. If Sony would have bought them out, am pretty sure it would not come to anything except PS.

You already have a trailer of what happens when Sony buys an exclusive character in a shitty Gaas game like Avengers, don't have to wonder about what'll happen if they locked down entire publisher. Jim Sterling would be on his fourth video by now.

4 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Or maybe they think there is nothing to announce ?

Think of it this way: Its basic Marketing that when you have something to tip the scale in your favour you repeat it again and again to drill it in the customers head, like they do for Game Pass. MS knows this very well. Their marketing and PR teams have been very good this gen, much better than Sony's. They wouldn't let an opportunity like this go by. 

17 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

And next gen game will not be on PS4, and PS5 install base is not 100m like Ps4 which will make MS enough money. 

Launch pe good multiplat games sell well afaik since there is a severe lack of true exclusives for the first 2 years. 

Gow2 is the first true ps5 exclusive till then sabh bikega. 

13 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Think of it this way: Its basic Marketing that when you have something to tip the scale in your favour you repeat it again and again to drill it in the customers head, like they do for Game Pass. MS knows this very well. Their marketing and PR teams have been very good this gen, much better than Sony's. They wouldn't let an opportunity like this go by. 

I think they should have just made a deal with bethesda to release games day one on gamepass for a billion instead of the 7.5 billion if they were planning to not have exclusives for their ecosystem. 

Just now, triggr happy ss said:

I think they should have just made a deal with bethesda to release games day one on gamepass for a billion instead of the 7.5 billion if they were planning to not have exclusives for their ecosystem. 

That would have been very short sighted. The deal would have been for a limited time and round 2 would have been costlier for MS. Fruits kyo lo jabh roots bik rahe. 

31 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

You already have a trailer of what happens when Sony buys an exclusive character in a shitty Gaas game like Avengers, don't have to wonder about what'll happen if they locked down entire publisher. Jim Sterling would be on his fourth video by now.

He hasnt made a video on the acquisition yet??