Jump to content

The Stock Market thread


KnackChap

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

 

The investment in these are around 25% of my monthly investment. I'm in it for the long term, and have always kept a horizon of 5 years at the minimum. So its more of a bet on the indices/market/USA rather than a few stocks.

That's what I am doing as well, mostly.

What I meant was you are going with high value SIP and not some other fund?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Axis Bluechip

PPFC

Mirae Emerging

Quant Small Cap

Mirae Tax Saver and Canara for ELSS

 

For US exposure - MO NASDAQ and MO S&P

 

 

 

I put about 2k per month in quant small cap. Was drunk one night felt like gambling and started it. Is it any good? I am getting the best return in my line up at this very moment. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

That's what I am doing as well, mostly.

What I meant was you are going with high value SIP and not some other fund?

Nah, about ~60% goes in PPFC and Axis and ~25 total in both MO ones. The Indian funds cover the domestic market well and so I got some exposure to the international one. The MO ones seemed better than others since they've been investing longer than many of the newer US funds and performance/expenses also seemed reasonable.

 

3 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

 

 

 

I put about 2k per month in quant small cap. Was drunk one night felt like gambling and started it. Is it any good? I am getting the best return in my line up at this very moment. 

For 2K its good, cause it's risky and I would suggest investing a smaller amount in it. It gives you exposure to a model based fund so returns will probably have the most deviation in your portfolio. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a good article in TOI Plus regarding the LIC IPO if anyone's interested.

 

Key points:

  • For almost two years, India has steeled itself for a gargantuan task: readying the country’s premier insurer — with nearly $500 billion in assets and a valuation estimated as high as $203 billion — for what could become its biggest-ever stock listing. LIC’s debut will test the depth of the nation’s capital markets and global appetite for its state-owned crown jewel.
  • Bankers say global investors worry about the autonomy of an institution regularly pressed into service to rescue teetering banks and floundering state assets. Local investors are sceptical that the 65-year-old firm can compete against up-and-comers
  • A knockout listing could see LIC raise as much as $10 billion from the IPO with a minimum dilution of 5%
  • Sitharaman has set a March deadline for the listing. If investors agree with the $203 billion valuation sought by the government, LIC would compete against India’s biggest companies
  • In March 2020, LIC’s property holdings were internally valued at about $5.8 billion, according to a person with knowledge of the matter, though it’s unclear whether all of this was adjusted to current market rates

The DHRP is expected by Jan end, and definitely before the budget season. So keep an eye out for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As expected, beating all around.

PF has been bleading with Hikal, Laurus, Ingrevia and Mastek taking a thrashing.

 

Coming back to what I said earlier, it's time to build quantity, post Q4FY22 profits will show up.

 

Hard to see Hikal though. CG issues will plague this for quite a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IT is taking a good beating from last week. Corrected a lot. I think it is healthy since IT was the most overvalued sector and also gave huge returns in the past. 

 

I have my most investment in IT too. Equity and one ETF! Time to top up the ETF. I am doing NETFIT!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

There's a good article in TOI Plus regarding the LIC IPO if anyone's interested.

 

Key points:

  • For almost two years, India has steeled itself for a gargantuan task: readying the country’s premier insurer — with nearly $500 billion in assets and a valuation estimated as high as $203 billion — for what could become its biggest-ever stock listing. LIC’s debut will test the depth of the nation’s capital markets and global appetite for its state-owned crown jewel.
  • Bankers say global investors worry about the autonomy of an institution regularly pressed into service to rescue teetering banks and floundering state assets. Local investors are sceptical that the 65-year-old firm can compete against up-and-comers
  • A knockout listing could see LIC raise as much as $10 billion from the IPO with a minimum dilution of 5%
  • Sitharaman has set a March deadline for the listing. If investors agree with the $203 billion valuation sought by the government, LIC would compete against India’s biggest companies
  • In March 2020, LIC’s property holdings were internally valued at about $5.8 billion, according to a person with knowledge of the matter, though it’s unclear whether all of this was adjusted to current market rates

The DHRP is expected by Jan end, and definitely before the budget season. So keep an eye out for it.

Il just apply and if got the lot will sell instantly , dont like owning PSU's no matter how big. 

53 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

As expected, beating all around.

PF has been bleading with Hikal, Laurus, Ingrevia and Mastek taking a thrashing.

 

Coming back to what I said earlier, it's time to build quantity, post Q4FY22 profits will show up.

 

Hard to see Hikal though. CG issues will plague this for quite a while.

Hikal has some really bad corporate governance issue (looks like from the current way of handling things) , wont look at this counter for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sumanth said:

Entered Hikal today in small quantity let’s see how it goes. 

And hamara kya? Mere toh lag gye.

I still have some buffer, hopefully this incident doesn't affect their contracts.

 

Update: Have reduced my position in Hikal by more than 50%.

The lack of disclosures are troubling me and I didn't want to just avg. down.

Tracking position left with avg. of 200, will enter back in future if things turn better.

Edited by KunjanPSD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...