The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

11 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

The sole reason why LIC is killing it . Huge agents making truckload of money . In the end the policy holder looses. a policy my dad has does not even give 7% CAGR . Absoulte waste

Yep. Have a lic with monthly installment of 5.5k done by close relative. I would rathet start another sip in index fund with that money but relationship with the family member is more important so its very hard to say no. 

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

LIC might do great in future.

But I don't want to invest in a company which might undergo severe disruption.

As more and more of the younger generation start getting access to better and cheaper investment assets while getting more financially literate, I assume the LIC will start losing its current moat which is basically, distribution.

Again, it might turn out to be a multibagger but I have better options to put my money in.

Agreed. The future (not immediate future) looks bleak until and unless they come up with better products and investment schemes which can have similar returns to ELSS. Their market share has been reducing but I am sure they can always come up with better schemes and get that market share back.

15 minutes ago, SuperT said:

LIC runs because some Chacha/Mama/Dada/Nana/Fufa/Bhatija/Neighbourhood ka uncle shoves it down your throat via blackmailing. I had a policy which was shoved down my throat when I got my first job I paid it for a couple of years and then just stopped paying the premium and will wait till it matures and get my pro rata money back. That uncle stopped talking to my dad because I stopped paying the premiums :rofl:

I used an LIC policy for showing change in address. Had a known, who agreed to do a 1L policy as starter, with a different address based on rent agreement. Used it to change my rental address everywhere afterwards. 
Stopped paying for the policy after 2 years or so. Uncle is still pissed. :fear1:

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, SuperT said:

If the amount doesn't bother you then yeah that is the best option. But you could always stop paying the premiums and invest it in MF or ELSS much better returns. Heck, even PPF will fetch you better returns. 

its a measly 5k a year so dont bother with it honestly. Has some insuarance linked too. 

51 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

LIC might do great in future.

But I don't want to invest in a company which might undergo severe disruption.

As more and more of the younger generation start getting access to better and cheaper investment assets while getting more financially literate, I assume the LIC will start losing its current moat which is basically, distribution.

Again, it might turn out to be a multibagger but I have better options to put my money in.

This and the biggest risk is government. But yeah will be the most subscribed ipo in history.

41 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I used an LIC policy for showing change in address. Had a known, who agreed to do a 1L policy as starter, with a different address based on rent agreement. Used it to change my rental address everywhere afterwards. 
Stopped paying for the policy after 2 years or so. Uncle is still pissed. :fear1:

SCAM 2020 :roflroll:

1 hour ago, SpearHea:D said:

Yep. Have a lic with monthly installment of 5.5k done by close relative. I would rathet start another sip in index fund with that money but relationship with the family member is more important so its very hard to say no. 

Are you sure that it's Monthly EMI of 5.5k ? That's too much for an LIC Policy. 

If you guys are interested in applying for LIC IPO and hold an existing LIC Policy, make sure your LIC Policy has your PAN No. linked to it. 
https://linkpan.licindia.in/UIDSeedingWebApp/

and this link to check if its linked or not https://linkpan.licindia.in/UIDSeedingWebApp/getPolicyPANStatus

22 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Nykaa still has a PE ratio of 1144!!!! This is insane!!! 

Many think that this phenomenon is limited to these new age firms but have a look at enterprise tech. Multiples are insane. 

Persistent at 49x

Happiest Minds at 95x

L&T Tech at 53x 

And so on... 

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Many think that this phenomenon is limited to these new age firms but have a look at enterprise tech. Multiples are insane. 

Persistent at 49x

Happiest Minds at 95x

L&T Tech at 53x 

And so on... 

Dude but 100 and 110 pe is still ok when you compare it to 1100. Is there any other company in the market which has this high valuation? 

2 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Dude but 100 and 110 pe is still ok when you compare it to 1100. Is there any other company in the market which has this high valuation? 

Yes any company with a negative PAT. You're focusing too much on PE ratio and not on the potential scale of the business. I'm not saying the valuation is justified but this is not the way to look at it. 

Hi guys need some advice. I started using small case for SIP's last year. But now I have realised that all its doing is investing in NIFTYBEES. So is It advisable to keep that in my investment portfolio ? OR should I just stop this SIP and invest more in MF. I already have 4 MF SIP's: 

1. PPFCF

2. Motiwal Nasdaq 100

3. Mirea asset emerging bluechip fund

4. ICICI Nifty index fund 

All of the above 4 SIP's are in equal proportion on coin Zerodha.

on the other hand I have 50k worth of nifty bees, So should I just sell them off and invest in MF's ? Or just let that Smallcase SIP keep on going ? 

Any piece of advice would be highly appreciated :) Also guide me with my MF portfolio, If any changes are required ? 

47 minutes ago, TAZ said:

Hi guys need some advice. I started using small case for SIP's last year. But now I have realised that all its doing is investing in NIFTYBEES. So is It advisable to keep that in my investment portfolio ? OR should I just stop this SIP and invest more in MF. I already have 4 MF SIP's: 

1. PPFCF

2. Motiwal Nasdaq 100

3. Mirea asset emerging bluechip fund

4. ICICI Nifty index fund 

All of the above 4 SIP's are in equal proportion on coin Zerodha.

on the other hand I have 50k worth of nifty bees, So should I just sell them off and invest in MF's ? Or just let that Smallcase SIP keep on going ? 

Any piece of advice would be highly appreciated :) Also guide me with my MF portfolio, If any changes are required ? 

Correct me if im wrong but isnt niftybees and icici nifty fifty index basically the same? @Mr. Comingle @KnackChap @Bird Bird Bird @KunjanPSD?

also why go Small case route just for nifty bees. You can zerodha to do it with a simple basket than executes every month/week/day?

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

Correct me if im wrong but isnt niftybees and icici nifty fifty index basically the same? @Mr. Comingle @KnackChap @Bird Bird Bird @KunjanPSD?

also why go Small case route just for nifty bees. You can zerodha to do it with a simple basket than executes every month/week/day?

Small case if it's investing in only nifty stocks might be more efficient from a cost perspective if the small ase is free. Afaik small ase charged an upfront fee on first investment but nothing else. Mf and ETF will charge management fees however small it is. 

What charges!? I have NETFIT which is an IT ETF in my Zerodha. It works just like any other stock. I don't see any mgmt charges. Unless it is gonna charge me once I sell it. 

And yeah, I don't see why bother with smallcase when we can simply buy it directly from Zerodha. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Small case if it's investing in only nifty stocks might be more efficient from a cost perspective if the small ase is free. Afaik small ase charged an upfront fee on first investment but nothing else. Mf and ETF will charge management fees however small it is. 

Bruh small case just buys the ETF, all the brokerage and the ETF expenses will always be there