StormShadow

@PhantomShade Yeah i know 2k 144 hz may not happen :( . But i can still game on 1080p/120fps on them right on PS5. Hence the confusion. Also Lg GN800 was available for 23.5k on a sale few days back . So this monitor is giving me best of both worlds 2k/60 (with downscaling) for better visuals and 1k/120 for smooth gaming . Hence the confusion between this and 4k/60 monitor of LG/Benq :mellow: .

Will decide in coming few days and let you know . Thanks for all your guidance :)

@Big Boss in response to your post on HFW thread 

Yeah LG 27UK650 is definitely a good monitor but like you said overpriced right now.  Regarding HDR - this is only HDR400 . Most online reviews say that's just not enough. How do you find the display with HDR and without HDR ? 

Just now, Krazyniks said:

@Big Boss in response to your post on HFW thread 

Yeah LG 27UK650 is definitely a good monitor but like you said overpriced right now.  Regarding HDR - this is only HDR400 . Most online reviews say that's just not enough. How do you find the display with HDR and without HDR ? 

The HDR on this monitor is good enough for gaming and even viewing HDR video content. You sit pretty close to monitor anyways. If you want budget HDR experience then this monitor is good. Just price should go down. It's like 10k overpriced.

7 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

The HDR on this monitor is good enough for gaming and even viewing HDR video content. You sit pretty close to monitor anyways. If you want budget HDR experience then this monitor is good. Just price should go down. It's like 10k overpriced.

Okay Thanks. Yeah sitting close to the monitor should help . 

Also Just checked the monitor recommended by Phantomshade - 27UL650 is an updated version of 27UK650 with very minor improvements. Also 27UL650 is available at a much cheaper price at the link he provided for around 31.5k.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Okay Thanks. Yeah sitting close to the monitor should help . 

Also Just checked the monitor recommended by Phantomshade - 27UL650 is an updated version of 27UK650 with very minor improvements. Also 27UL650 is available at a much cheaper price at the link he provided for around 31.5k.  

Yes then it's fine. You won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

120 hz is highly desirable for Series consoles since it has system level 120 hz mode. 

Even 30 fps games benefit from low latency and response time. 

Not to mention VRR is far superior in 120 hz displays. 

Sorry missed your post in HFW thread . Yeah I know the benefits. Even the part about VRR . It doesn't work nearly as well in 60 Hz display compared to 120Hz or above display. 

Also I plan to sell my Series console after this month . Only have time for one Console which will be PS5 for me . Hence i have the confusion 2k144Hz or 4k60Hz.

Anyway I have narrowed down my choices to LG GN800 (2k144Hz ) , Benq EW3270/LG27GL650 (4k60 Hz) . 

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

Sorry missed your post in HFW thread . Yeah I know the benefits. Even the part about VRR . It doesn't work nearly as well in 60 Hz display compared to 120Hz or above display. 

Also I plan to sell my Series console after this month . Only have time for one Console which will be PS5 for me . Hence i have the confusion 2k144Hz or 4k60Hz.

Anyway I have narrowed down my choices to LG GN800 (2k144Hz ) , Benq EW3270/LG27GL650 (4k60 Hz) . 

For PS5 just go with 4k 60p monitor. There is no confusion really. 

1440p monitor doesn't accept 4k 120 signal. You will never see 120 fps mode activated unless you go down to 1080p. 

Even then on PS5, it's game dependent. Unless developer patch for it, monitor won't see 120 hz signal coming and will work like 60hz monitor only.

Hope it's not too confusing. 

Also don't sell Series. You will just end up getting Series X later. Will be more expensive. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

For PS5 just go with 4k 60p monitor. There is no confusion really. 

1440p monitor doesn't accept 4k 120 signal. You will never see 120 fps mode activated unless you go down to 1080p. 

Even then on PS5, it's game dependent. Unless developer patch for it, monitor won't see 120 hz signal coming and will work like 60hz monitor only.

Hope it's not too confusing. 

Also don't sell Series. You will just end up getting Series X later. Will be more expensive. :lol:

Yeah I understand all of the above . If Sony starts supporting 1440p then 1440/120fps is possible on HDMI 2.0. and there's not much difference between 2k and 4k at 27 inch .  But knowing Sony that may not happen . 

Also Don't see the sense in keeping 2 consoles with the very limited time i get for gaming . Definitely don't plan on owning PS5/XSX together personally . Will own either of the two at any given point of time only .

Edited by Krazyniks

21 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Yeah I understand all of the above . If Sony starts supporting 1440p then 1440/120fps is possible on HDMI 2.0. and there's not much difference between 2k and 4k at 27 inch .  But knowing Sony that may not happen . 

Also Don't see the sense in keeping 2 consoles with the very limited time i get for gaming . Definitely don't plan on owning PS5/XSX together personally . Will own either of the two at any given point of time only .

Big If

I got the 27UK650 approx. 3.5Yrs back (with PS4 Pro) at 40K, so yeah, surprised to see the price hovering in that bracket even now!  At that time I was in 2 minds about getting it OR waiting for an OLED monitor. About to get the PS5 now within 2 months. Any good 27inch OLED monitors out there? I know the upgrade wouldn't feel huge regardless. 

Mostly I always go for the the resolution mode so 60Hz refresh rate is fine by me, just need the Monitor to be OLED, and maybe have better HDR? (No complaints with 27UK650 though). Brightness wise the 27UK650 has been perfect for me. 

Edited by rAgHaV

7 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

I got the 27UK650 approx. 3.5Yrs back (with PS4 Pro) at 40K, so yeah, surprised to see the price hovering in that bracket even now!  At that time I was in 2 minds about getting it OR waiting for an OLED monitor. About to get the PS5 now within 2 months. Any good 27inch OLED monitors out there? I know the upgrade wouldn't feel huge regardless. 

Mostly I always go for the the resolution mode so 60Hz refresh rate is fine by me, just need the Monitor to be OLED, and maybe have better HDR? (No complaints with 27UK650 though). Brightness wise the 27UK650 has been perfect for me. 

there are very few OLED monitors in the size you are looking for. And they are more expensive than LG OLED TV's. You are probably better of buying the TV imo

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Don't know if i am posting it in right place so posting it at multiple places

I'll be getting PS5 soon (Digital Edition coz i'm fully into digital thing, PS Plus EXTRA also so Digital it is)

I'll be needing a 4k Monitor too.  I'm a casual gamer and have little time to play (Maybe total 5-6 hr /week or around 1 hr/daily). And i'll playing on a DESK not COUCH/SOFA.

Budget is 25-30K

2 Questions
1. 27 or 32 inch MONITOR (LG, BENQ, MSI ...) or 43 inch TV (Mi or similar ) 
2. Recommendations for Monitor/TV will be highly appreciated.

Also 1 thing, i'll be docking my MACBOOK too so i'm a bit inclined towards monitor coz of TYPE C. 

Thanking in advance. 

On 7/10/2022 at 10:45 PM, vikasps said:

Don't know if i am posting it in right place so posting it at multiple places

Thanking in advance. 

In-case of a monitor go for a bigger size, as per your budget, as you will be gaming on console only and you aren't looking for more than 60hz. I know you won't be using a couch but you will be using a controller so you don't necessarily need to sit too close on the desk itself. Plus 4K resolution would do justice on a 32inch instead of 27inch.

TV is also a great option for console gaming as it's cheaper, but try to extend budget or reduce size and go for a good brand like Samsung/Sony/LG instead of chinese or local brands, as the picture quality and UI is far far superior. Don't fall for gimmicky applications and services on the chinese/local ones.

There are far too many options in the 4k 60Hz category for a recommendation, so i would suggest to check out the inventory of few good retailers like MDComputers, Vedant, IT Wares, IT Depot etc. and narrow down as per brand, warranty support and budget.

On 7/11/2022 at 11:18 PM, dylanjosh said:

In the market for a 1440p 144hz monitor for PC gaming. 

Is the Samsung G7 (27in)  worth it? If not can people list other options plz

Good monitor. Most reviews i had seen were good. Some long term reliability and dead pixel complaints but depends on your piece. If you are ok with the curve, i personally find samsung displays to be really good. Look premium as well. Check warranty and return policy if buying online, in-case of a faulty piece.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

I am planning to buy an ultra wide monitor. Would mostly be used for gaming and other content consumption. Looking for something in 32 - 35 inch size. Budget around 40k. Please recommend.

EDIT: Buying an LG C2 instead.

Edited by R a g h u

• 6 months later...

Need suggestions for a monitor mostly for office use as a secondary screen for the laptop. Occasional Netflix/Youtube vidoes would be played when bored. Dont need a large screen...i think 24" should suffice. Do share links if possible. Budget around 12 to 15K.