Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

b!T

6 minutes ago, b!T said:

Demo is only for XSX/S and not one 1X? I thought the game is coming out on last gen consoles as well.

Yea, demo available on new gen only. They might bring the demo to previous gen later or not. 

19 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yea, demo available on new gen only. They might bring the demo to previous gen later or not. 

Performance on last gen smells fishy :lol:

Anyway downloading on PS5.

Edited by b!T

So gave the demo a try. Game looks pretty enough but the combat is sweet. I struggled a bit to get into the rhythm but once u get the hang of it ,it's awesome. However, I feel something is off about the game and I can't put my finger on it.

Edited by b!T

10 hours ago, b!T said:

So gave the demo a try. Game looks pretty enough but the combat is sweet. I struggled a bit to get into the rhythm but once u get the hang of it ,it's awesome. However, I feel something is off about the game and I can't put my finger on it.

Is it easier than soulsbourne games? I really want to play this but i can't go through that torture of souls games

39 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Is it easier than soulsbourne games? I really want to play this but i can't go through that torture of souls games

It's like Souls game on acid. The game definitely has a steep learning curve in terms of it's difficulty. Almost every Team Ninja game has punishing level of difficulty till you master it's combat.

I tried the demo and I died so many times with just general mobs but that's mainly because my standard hack-n-slash muscle memory kicks in. You'll need to get the rhythm down to ace it and definitely get better at parrying; be it this game or Nioh collection. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Nope. It has a steep learning curve. I died so many times :P 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, playstationdude said:

team ninja games are much harder compared to from titles. rise of the ronin is maybe where they'll dial down tbe difficulty. 

• Sad 1

That was a fairly lengthy demo. Enjoyed it quite a bit.

Though the game isn't much of a looker, there is still a noticeable upgrade in the visuals over Nioh 2. I especially loved the smoother animations.

I do have some mixed feelings about the combat though.

It seems to be a mixture of Nioh and Sekiro's combat with a slightly slower pace and more of an emphasis on deflecting, which I don't mind. But it also doesn't feel as responsive or as polished. 

Add that to the fact that there's no dismemberment or pinata-burst-like loot drops, and it made for a significantly less satisfying experience for me personally.

I expect most of this will get sorted by the time game releases though. And of course, I'll definitely be playing it day one thanks to game pass.

Anyway, here's a video of the boss-fight.

The first phase was a push-over, but the second one was much tougher.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

I played just for 1/2 hour to get a feel. 

Was pleasantly surprised by 60 fps on Series S this early. Graphics need some polish but it's already performing really well.

As for gameplay, I was happy with responsiveness. Still haven't figured out how it works properly. But that will be done with release version. No point in working it out for a demo.

Overall seems very promising. Definitely would have bought it if it weren't on gamepass, going by the demo.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is getting another demo on February 24th.

Save data from this demo will transfer to the final game! Complete the demo to obtain the "Crouching Dragon Helmet" DLC in the full game.

Demo is coming to all platforms including PC and last gen

FoAL4w9WIAI8By7?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is getting another demo on February 24th.

Save data from this demo will transfer to the final game! Complete the demo to obtain the "Crouching Dragon Helmet" DLC in the full game.

Demo is coming to all platforms including PC and last gen

FoAL4w9WIAI8By7?format=jpg&name=large

Can't see the old demo anymore, Missed it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...