Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth

KnackChap

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Looking at Sephiroth in Ever Crisis trailer, he just might get a redemption arc in FF7 Trilogy. Maybe THE hero will return... :/

I hope they don't. This will ruin the character like kojima did with big boss post mgs3

35 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

I hope they don't. This will ruin the character like kojima did with big boss post mgs3

:(

His whole bad guy stint is based on a lie, thinking Jenova is his mother. When it's actually Lucretia (and Vincent probably the dad, himself not knowing Sephiroth is his son maybe, lucretia needs to make it clear to everyone), I mean they should at the least make Sephiroth understand that somehow and then have him chose a path.

9 hours ago, gecko89 said:

:(

His whole bad guy stint is based on a lie, thinking Jenova is his mother. When it's actually Lucretia (and Vincent probably the dad, himself not knowing Sephiroth is his son maybe, lucretia needs to make it clear to everyone), I mean they should at the least make Sephiroth understand that somehow and then have him chose a path.

Vincent isnt the dad, its Hodjo

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Vincent isnt the dad, its Hodjo

I know that's canon as of now. But have you seen Hojo's face?! Many believe Sephiroth is actually Vincent and Lucretia's lovechild. Besides Hojo was an a**hole from day 1, it's hard to believe Lucy would marry him. Theory being she hid this from Vincent and everyone else, only she and Hojo knowing the truth.

3 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I know that's canon as of now. But have you seen Hojo's face?! Many believe Sephiroth is actually Vincent and Lucretia's lovechild. Besides Hojo was an a**hole from day 1, it's hard to believe Lucy would marry him. Theory being she hid this from Vincent and everyone else, only she and Hojo knowing the truth.

But they got married, so pretty sure Hodjo banged her:fear:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

Err... They're different. Both are good, IMO. But I don't get the idea of calling one better than the other, when they're such different genre-wise.

Ok. Its still better, story and gameplay wise. 

Edit-: Genre isnt different, just the gameplay styles are

Edited by playstationdude

Frankly I disagree. There are some areas where 7R does better and some where 16 does better.

7R was set in exactly 1 city, with almost linear map. 16 had an entire World to explore - like a good FF ought to have, with proper Chocobo riding as well. (Note: I mean 7R, not the Original FF7). The story of FF7R was also much more convoluted and confusing if you didn't know the story of FF7 itself first. The Boss Battles of 16 were way, way better than anything any recent FF - including 7R could give. The Lore, World Building and side quest quality (2nd half side quests only) blow FF7R out of the water completely. Main story is far more darker and emotional than 7R. Won't say anything about music because it's subjective or graphics because FF16 is a PS5 only game while 7R is a PS4 game at heart

By 7R I mean Remake only - not Rebirth

That said there are some areas where 7R blows 16 out of the water. The combat is really fun and with a full party with comppetely varied gameplay styles unlike FF16. Materia Management is great.There are actual mini-games that are fun.

Overall, it's a mixed bag. But frankly, if I were given the choice of another 7 Remake or 16 - I would choose 16. That's because 16 did something new and finally went over-the-top that FF Games were known for. The mind-blown, jaw on the floor feeling that was there with OG FFs in the early eras - that I got with FF16 - but not with FF7R, 13 or 15

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, roun90 said:

That's because 16 did something new and finally went over-the-top that FF Games were known for. The mind-blown, jaw on the floor feeling that was there with OG FFs in the early eras - that I got with FF16 - but not with FF7R, 13 or 15

Which game or jaw dropping moments are you talking about? 

For me, FF games were always about exceptional world building and a party put in dilemma/ difficult situations. And cutting edge graphics and best music in industry. 

Most people compare FF16 to God of War 3 instead of previous good Final Fantasy games.

Just curious. 

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

Which game or jaw dropping moments are you talking about? 

For me, FF games were always about exceptional world building and a party put in dilemma/ difficult situations. And cutting edge graphics and best music in industry. 

Most people compare FF16 to God of War 3 instead of previous good Final Fantasy games.

Just curious. 

You will have to actually play the game to find out. This is a big game and a proper JRPG. You spend a lot of time with the characters- even the side quest characters. Emotional Payoff comes for all characters as their stories concludes - and in a 40+ hour game - it takes time to reach the end of their story. It's not something you'll find in a YouTube Walk-through

6 hours ago, roun90 said:

You will have to actually play the game to find out. This is a big game and a proper JRPG. You spend a lot of time with the characters- even the side quest characters. Emotional Payoff comes for all characters as their stories concludes - and in a 40+ hour game - it takes time to reach the end of their story. It's not something you'll find in a YouTube Walk-through

I am talking about over the top, jaw dropping moments in older Final Fantasy games.

Which were those? I don't remember any. Unless you are talking about story.

• 1 month later...

Details include:

-Players follow Cloud on a quest to save the planet from evil
-Characters impaled or slashed by swords, sometimes with slow-motion effects
-Splatters or pools of blood
-Assassin throwing a spinning blade at a targeted figure
-Female characters with revealing outfits, e.g. deep cleavage
-Suggestive dialogue accompanies camera pans of character bodies/outfits
-Players can drink a version of moonshine at a bar
-Some characters appear drunk
-Characters smoking cigars or hookahs

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9521fg7cviz85ky3zplx

Edited by gecko89

15 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Details include:

-Players follow Cloud on a quest to save the planet from evil
-Characters impaled or slashed by swords, sometimes with slow-motion effects
-Splatters or pools of blood
-Assassin throwing a spinning blade at a targeted figure
-Female characters with revealing outfits, e.g. deep cleavage
-Suggestive dialogue accompanies camera pans of character bodies/outfits
-Players can drink a version of moonshine at a bar
-Some characters appear drunk
-Characters smoking cigars or hookahs

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9521fg7cviz85ky3zplx

Basically confirms the Hojo beach event. As for the impalement, it could be only one cutscene (like the beach event) and not in general gameplay.