Sach4life

Experience the pivotal game of the Persona series faithfully remade with cutting-edge graphics, modernized quality-of-life features, and signature stylish UI.

Fully immerse yourself in an emotional, gripping journey with new scenes, character interactions, and additional voiceover.

Choose how to meaningfully spend each day through various activities from exploring the Port Island to forging genuine bonds with beloved characters.

Build and command your optimal team to take down otherworldly Shadows and climb closer to the truth.

https://persona.atlus.com/p3r/

Edited by Sach4life

Persona 3 Reload Confirmed For Early 2024, But No Portable/FES Content Included

Persona 3 is finally getting a full remake, and it made its official debut at the Xbox Games Showcase.

After months of rumors and speculation, we finally got official word of a Persona 3 remake at the Xbox Games Showcase. It's called Persona 3 Reload and details come from a trailer that showed the visual overhaul, making it look similar to that of Persona 5. Everything from the daily exploration, classroom scenes, combat scenarios, and menus have been revamped in the new style. It's set to launch sometime in early 2024.

There are still a ton of details that have yet to be confirmed, but we have learned this is a remake of the base game, meaning content from the FES and Portable versions is not included, such as the playable female protagonist. Producer Ryota Niitsuma confirmed this with IGN, saying, "So first I'd like to mention that since the basic concept of the Persona 3 remake was to remake the Persona 3, we don't have the FES and Portable contents included. We wanted to really genuinely work on recreating the Persona 3 experience."

Although we saw snippets of gameplay exploring Tartarus, the procedurally generated dungeon the original game revolved around, we're not sure if or how it's been redone.

Persona 3 Reload previously leaked on the Atlus Instagram account, as the trailer was accidentally published early. This came along with the reveal of Persona 5 Tactica, which is a tactical-RPG spinoff with the Persona 5 cast in a chibi style similar to Persona Q and Persona Q2.

Persona 3 was first released in North America in 2007 on PS2, followed by an updated version a year later called Persona 3 FES, which had new features and a playable epilogue called The Answer. The PSP version, called Persona 3 Portable, came out in 2010 and featured the alternate female protagonist--that portable version got a re-release on modern platforms just this year.

Xbox has become a hub for other Persona games, as both Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal--the definitive releases of both games--are available on Game Pass. Persona 3 Reload will also be available via Game Pass day one, and although it was shown on the behalf of Xbox, it will be coming to PlayStation, PC, and Nintendo Switch.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/persona-3-reload-coming-early-2024-trailer-shown-at-xbox-showcase/1100-6514911/

Edited by Sach4life

48 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Tartarus is insufferable. Why they had to remaster this?

Reminding people of old, limited games when your new ones are way more dynamic and interesting is just weird to me.

Because the story and the atmosphere are excellent. There are some really dark moments in the game and I actually like the story better than P4. Really happy that they are remaking it. 

And Memories of the City still remains one of my most favourite video game music ever. The melancholy in the piano notes really hit you. 

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Because the story and the atmosphere are excellent. There are some really dark moments in the game and I actually like the story better than P4. Really happy that they are remaking it. 

And Memories of the City still remains one of my most favourite video game music ever. The melancholy in the piano notes really hit you. 

Ditto. It would be awesome to experience it like this.

Problem is - it seems they are intent on remaking it ditto to the original game "as a tribute to the original" or something. The OG P3 had a lot of problems beyond the fact that without "The Answer" part of FES, at least 30% of the story + the main game's conclusion was missing. For example, the Tired Mechanic (Limiting Dungeon Exploration), the Extremely Punishing Calendar Management that did not allow you to do your own thing at all if you didn't want to miss out on things, the bland dungeon design (Run 200 Floor dungeon), the bland enemy design, no negotiations etc. All of this was changed in P4 itself - not even counting the awesome additions that P5 did.

If they remake the game as is with just graphical improvements - it will fail. Game is far too outdated and gaming in general has moved far too ahead for that.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/13/2023 at 12:56 PM, roun90 said:

Problem is - it seems they are intent on remaking it ditto to the original game "as a tribute to the original" or something. The OG P3 had a lot of problems beyond the fact that without "The Answer" part of FES, at least 30% of the story + the main game's conclusion was missing. For example, the Tired Mechanic (Limiting Dungeon Exploration), the Extremely Punishing Calendar Management that did not allow you to do your own thing at all if you didn't want to miss out on things, the bland dungeon design (Run 200 Floor dungeon), the bland enemy design, no negotiations etc. All of this was changed in P4 itself - not even counting the awesome additions that P5 did.

If they remake the game as is with just graphical improvements - it will fail. Game is far too outdated and gaming in general has moved far too ahead for that.

Yes Tartarus is boring but they seem to have made enough improvements that game has been a success. I already played P3P many years ago on emulator so this feels like a new game to me as I dont remember the story either so it feels fresh.