How good is Pro Evolution Soccer 2014?

I've been playing PES since PES3 and I've preferred it to FIFA since then, so I'm obviously be biased,

As for how it compares, all I can say is its very different. So different that I'd say 90% of FIFA plays that try it will hate it and give it up. But different doesn't mean worse.

It isn't as polished as FIFA, it doesn't have the licenses FIFA does, and FIFA has way better online, but I think it's a game every fan of football games should at least try and give a fair chance. Gameplay is better and more open-ended than FIFA IMO.

I've been playing PES since PES3 and I've preferred it to FIFA since then, so I'm obviously be biased,

As for how it compares, all I can say is its very different. So different that I'd say 90% of FIFA plays that try it will hate it and give it up. But different doesn't mean worse.

It isn't as polished as FIFA, it doesn't have the licenses FIFA does, and FIFA has way better online, but I think it's a game every fan of football games should at least try and give a fair chance. Gameplay is better and more open-ended than FIFA IMO.

Wrong absolutely wrong.He is a fan boy don't listen to him.Try the demo first and then buy.PES is way behind Fifa in everything.Last years PES i played on ps3,it was very bad.Try the demo first.

Just read IVG reviews. Saw rating of 8 for both. Opinion from gamers will be appreciated.

I never played a football game before. This is world cup season, so decided to try football.

PES 2014 for PC available for Rs:999/- whereas Fifa 14 cost 2499/-. Big difference.

EA cost a lot prevent people from buying their products. Leaving buyers good choice for slightly inferior product with big savings.

Q6Czlp7.jpg

Visuals: PES 14

On the Pitch: FIFA 14

AI: Neither. But I'll go with FIFA 14

Licensing: FIFA 14

Commentary: FIFA 14

Menu and UI: FIFA 14

Modes: FIFA 14

Online: FIFA 14

So it depends on you.

I guess most people start with FIFA so playing it. If PES can cope with large money EA, there should be something about it.

Ordered PES 14.

bhaiya both have demos try them both first

Ignite isn't even a real engine. It's just a bunch of shared assets and common practices between various EA studios. It's just designed to fool us into thinking their games are truly next-gen, when in fact the first next-gen-only game on it (UFC) can't even hit 1080p/30fps consistently.

Phas gaye re obama :doh: Should have tried demo before buying :doh:

:console:

PES wins at :

-Graphics,Animations,Player faces

-Players Mass and Physique related resemblance to real life which affects the actual gameplay.

-Player identity and players resemblance to its real life counterpart in general.

-Online is good.Lag free...I've played matches with guys from US with zero lag.

-Freedom that a player gets on and off the ball in 8 direction.

-Good dribbling with combined L+R analog stick.

• 2 weeks later...

Big learning curve but the satisfaction level will very high. PES has a feature called known as Player ID which makes each player unique. Almost all the star players' motions, touches, skills are quite wonderfully captured in PES and you will really feel the difference between players with a single touch. This game lets you play your favourite players as they do in real life. You won't regret buying PES. Enjoy the game.

Archived