The Android Thread

pArth

Guys, need a phone reco for an uncle. Not too technical but he wants to try apps and its his first foray into smartphones.

Looking for a decent android phone in the ~Rs. 15,000 or less range. Doesn't need any phone with a huge screen.

Does it have to be from India? Otherwise why not get him a Nexus 4?

:doh:

bhai, the picture will be compressed, it would look worse, over oversharpened

Not necessarily, when i compared 4k video samples of a video with it's 1080p & 720p counterparts on my 1366x768 [18.5 inch] max res monitor, i found that 4k > 1080p > 720p, a friend was with me & he said he felt the same, 4K felt sharp & detailed so i am guessing on a 1080p monitor it would have been great

Guys guys..

One of my friend is coming from U.S.A. I am planning to get a google edition phone. Now here are few of my queries

1) Should I get an S4 Google edition (better cam, easy rooting) or HTC One (beautiful design) ?
2) I do not have much idea about network bandwidth and all, but will they work on Indian network?(3g) .

3) How hard it is to root them comparatively ? I think S4 would have the same Odin stuff . Which I am comfortable with .

4) Are there Custom roms for both, which are a mixture of both ? For example If I want the Camera app to be stock one(Touchwiz or Sense), rest of them google edition one, will such thing be possible?

1. Both are equally good.

2. 3G will work, LTE won't.

3. Pretty easy with HTC one also, detailed steps are on there site, you can read it to get the understanding. Odin is pretty straight forward too.

4. Plenty of Roms, with S4 and One you can have modaco switch, so you can have both Rom Sense/Touchwiz and Google at same time, and switch on the fly.

• Like 1