Jump to content

The TV Decision Making Thread


Bulovski

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Check this. No idea about the vendor though

 

Take a look at this LG 122 cm (48 inch) OLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV on Flipkart

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/KzuXx0uuuN

 

But best is to go and ask locally

 

 

Will do dat

Edited by Pushy
Fk not available
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Check this. No idea about the vendor though

 

Take a look at this LG 122 cm (48 inch) OLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV on Flipkart

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/KzuXx0uuuN

 

But best is to go and ask locally

 

 

LG best shop has a physical presence and got a 4 rating. Seller for 1 year and 9 months in FK.
 

Seems safe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

LG best shop has a physical presence and got a 4 rating. Seller for 1 year and 9 months in FK.
 

Seems safe?

It's upto you bro. Personally I'm not aware of them. If you feel they'll deliver as promise, then you can try. But i still suggest it's better to get it locally.

 

You'll get it for lesser than what FK is offering. I got  the same model for 85k locally in mid April (there was no sale going on) whereas you can see the prices online retailers are selling it way higher prices.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys....

Is it better to get the C1 table top stand as a backup now itself? 

 

Currently my tv is wall mounted

But in case i want to place it on a table instead at a later date, i may then need it then

 

I'm thinking C1 tabletop stand may not available after maybe 3-4years or so?

Anyone has any idea regarding this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

It's upto you bro. Personally I'm not aware of them. If you feel they'll deliver as promise, then you can try. But i still suggest it's better to get it locally.

 

You'll get it for lesser than what FK is offering. I got  the same model for 85k locally in mid April (there was no sale going on) whereas you can see the prices online retailers are selling it way higher prices.

 

I see. It depends on the local shop. Which shop and city are you referring to when you got your TV?

 

I am in Bangalore. 85k is a steal. 

Edited by Mysteryman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

One more thing - I like to ask is do LG oled C1 TVs come with a table stand? Or does it come separately?

 

When I got the CX last year, I was told that LG India doesn't include the stand as standard on all OLEDs. I had to opt for it and wait for another 2 days for installation as the "stand was not in stock." Pretty sure, whoever the local LG decision-makers were, wanted to save on the cost and save a stand for later.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

One more thing - I like to ask is do LG oled C1 TVs come with a table stand? Or does it come separately?

 

14 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

 

When I got the CX last year, I was told that LG India doesn't include the stand as standard on all OLEDs. I had to opt for it and wait for another 2 days for installation as the "stand was not in stock." Pretty sure, whoever the local LG decision-makers were, wanted to save on the cost and save a stand for later.

Yeah now it's either wall mount or stand :rant:

I opted for wall mount due to space constraints on table 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys, any idea if Sony Bravia full array led - x95j is better than x85j ? The difference in price is substantial.  Wanted to know if it's worth the upgrade ?

 

Also generally, are Sony tv better than lg in the premium segments (1L and above)?  LG C2 is around 1.6L for 55", but the showroom guy said it's not up for display and Sony is always better in terms of PQ. Any suggestions ?

Edited by Ne0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Guys, any idea if Sony Bravia full array led - x95j is better than x85j ? The difference in price is substantial.  Wanted to know if it's worth the upgrade ?

 

Also generally, are Sony tv better than lg in the premium segments (1L and above)?  LG C2 is around 1.6L for 55", but the showroom guy said it's not up for display and Sony is always better in terms of PQ. Any suggestions ?

X95J is absolutely better than X85J. X85J is frankly trash. My cousin has it and watching anything on it makes me want to poke my eyes out. The color accuracy is horrible. 

C2 will go for 1.2L in a few months. Would probably be cheaper than X95J especially when you consider it comes with 3 Yr warranty. 

Regarding PQ, Sony TVs in the same tier are better but not worth the price difference. I've seen that Sony TVs are typically at least 30-40% more expensive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks man, will avoid it then, x95j is around 1.1L now, maybe lesser with cashback and all, worth it or better to wait for c2 ? Also as i know C2 is OLED, doesn't it have a shorter life compared to other led tv ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Thanks man, will avoid it then, x95j is around 1.1L now, maybe lesser with cashback and all, worth it or better to wait for c2 ? Also as i know C2 is OLED, doesn't it have a shorter life compared to other led tv ?

OLED is a new technology and it keeps improving. The newer models have better ways to prevent burn in/ image retention. So imo with newer models i don't think you can predict the low shelf life now itself. But if the TV is mainly for set top box viewing I'd avoid OLED. Else it's upto you. 

 

Also sony has released this year's new k series tv , so i guess even x90k too will be available sooner than C2.

 

https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/televisions/x90k-x93k-x94k-series

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

OLED is a new technology and it keeps improving. The newer models have better ways to prevent burn in/ image retention. So imo with newer models i don't think you can predict the low shelf life now itself. But if the TV is mainly for set top box viewing I'd avoid OLED. Else it's upto you. 

 

Also sony has released this year's new k series tv , so i guess even x90k too will be available sooner than C2.

 

https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/televisions/x90k-x93k-x94k-series

I hardly use set top box.  It's mostly ott. 

 

X90k should be in the 1.2 range i guess since it's LCD /LED ? I can wait for that, but are these better or inferior to the OLED offerings from LG ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I hardly use set top box.  It's mostly ott. 

 

X90k should be in the 1.2 range i guess since it's LCD /LED ? I can wait for that, but are these better or inferior to the OLED offerings from LG ?

 

LCD/LED are inferior than OLED's. If your budget permits and set top box viewing is minimal, go for OLED

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

I hardly use set top box.  It's mostly ott. 

 

X90k should be in the 1.2 range i guess since it's LCD /LED ? I can wait for that, but are these better or inferior to the OLED offerings from LG ?

Features wise , yes it falls a bit short when compared to LG c1 or upcoming C2. And it's priced a lot higher than the C1.

 

But if you feel like you want sony TV's or non-oled TV's, then x90k is good. Watch a few YouTube videos of rtings ok youtube. They have compared C1 and x90j. Do research a bit on YouTube when free. You'll understand :)

 

 

 

 

 

Also, I wouldnt opt for samsung TVs as they don't have Dolby vision.

 

Dolby vision is a must. The movies look so good with it :wub:

 

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2022 at 1:13 PM, silv3rgunn3r said:

Guys....

Is it better to get the C1 table top stand as a backup now itself? 

 

Currently my tv is wall mounted

But in case i want to place it on a table instead at a later date, i may then need it then

 

I'm thinking C1 tabletop stand may not available after maybe 3-4years or so?

Anyone has any idea regarding this?

 

How much for the stand?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...